Why Did Views on The Electoral College and Popular Vote Change?

I mean, Slick Willie Clinton never won the popular vote. Even candycorn was proud to post the electoral college results every time Obama got lambasted. As she included it in her signature

So what's different now?

-Geaux
Are you drunk this morning? Bill won the popular vote both elections.

View attachment 222139
View attachment 222140
Over 50% no

-Geaux

That is not what you said, one does not need to be over 50% to win the popular vote.
But in the current case, that's the beef... right?

Point being.. More people voted for Perot and Dole than did for Clinton

Why the shift?

-Geaux

No, in the current situation it is that Clinton got more votes than Trump, not that it was not over 50%.

It is a stupid beef, but at least get it right if you are going to make a thread about it.

I mean, Slick Willie Clinton never won the popular vote. Even candycorn was proud to post the electoral college results every time Obama got lambasted. As she included it in her signature

So what's different now?

-Geaux

View attachment 222139
View attachment 222140
Over 50% no

-Geaux

That is not what you said, one does not need to be over 50% to win the popular vote.

Why the shift?

-Geaux

No, in the current situation it is that Clinton got more votes than Trump, not that it was not over 50%.

It is a stupid beef, but at least get it right if you are going to make a thread about it.
Never said she got over 50%

Care to answer the question asked within this thread?

-Geaux

View attachment 222139
View attachment 222140

I think he was trying to point out that he received a plurality of votes, but not a majority

That is not what he said, not even close. And Obama did win a majority both times.
Nice straw man.

-Geaux

It is not a fucking strawman, you said that Clinton never won the popular vote, that is a lie. it is not my fault that you are too stupid to know the difference.
You brought up the dummy Obama no?

-Geaux

no, you did dumb shit, in your OP...

upload_2018-10-12_8-22-3.png

I am really starting to think that you are drunk.

View attachment 222139
View attachment 222140
Over 50% no

-Geaux

Why the shift?

-Geaux

-Geaux

The question asked within this thread is based upon a lie that you posted. There is no question to answer as nobody is doing what you claim.

Over 50% no

-Geaux

Why the shift?

-Geaux

-Geaux

The question asked within this thread is based upon a lie that you posted. There is no question to answer as nobody is doing what you claim.
Wait a minute. Cortez calls the electoral college akin to slavery. Hillary cries about it all the time. Many leftist here on USMB have heartburn

New York (CNN)Hillary Clinton told CNN on Wednesday that it is time to abolish the Electoral College, part of a sweeping interview where the former Democratic nominee sought to explain why she lost the 2016 election.

Clinton, in the interview with CNN's Anderson Cooper, displayed her animus for fired FBI Director James Comey, reflected on her love for the people -- namely former President Bill Clinton -- who helped her get through the crushing loss and blasted the arcane election body that she believes helped Donald Trump win the presidency.
"I think it needs to be eliminated," Clinton said of the Electoral College. "I'd like to see us move beyond it, yes."

Hillary Clinton: Time to abolish the Electoral College - CNNPolitics

I think he was trying to point out that he received a plurality of votes, but not a majority

That is not what he said, not even close. And Obama did win a majority both times.
Nice straw man.

-Geaux

It is not a fucking strawman, you said that Clinton never won the popular vote, that is a lie. it is not my fault that you are too stupid to know the difference.

-Geaux

View attachment 222143

Obama popular vote was nowhere discussed. OK. But how about the members proud display of the electoral college results? But now they are meaningless?

-Geaux

Why the shift?

-Geaux

-Geaux

Wait a minute. Cortez calls the electoral college akin to slavery. Hillary cries about it all the time. Many leftist here on USMB have heartburn

New York (CNN)Hillary Clinton told CNN on Wednesday that it is time to abolish the Electoral College, part of a sweeping interview where the former Democratic nominee sought to explain why she lost the 2016 election.

Clinton, in the interview with CNN's Anderson Cooper, displayed her animus for fired FBI Director James Comey, reflected on her love for the people -- namely former President Bill Clinton -- who helped her get through the crushing loss and blasted the arcane election body that she believes helped Donald Trump win the presidency.
"I think it needs to be eliminated," Clinton said of the Electoral College. "I'd like to see us move beyond it, yes."

Hillary Clinton: Time to abolish the Electoral College - CNNPolitics

Yeah, they are all idiots, but so are you as your OP is bullshit and you are lying about what they are bitching about.

Over 50% no

-Geaux

Why the shift?

-Geaux

-Geaux

Bottom line is Dole and Perot received MORE of the popular vote than Bill Clinton did. So therefore, he lost the popular vote. I'm sure a golfing hack as yourself can understand that

-Geaux

Nice straw man.

-Geaux

-Geaux

View attachment 222143

Obama popular vote was nowhere discussed. OK. But how about the members proud display of the electoral college results? But now they are meaningless?

-Geaux

Yeah, they are partisan sheep just like you and their views change depend on what happens to their chosen party.

Amazing how much people like you bitch about things you do daily.

Why the shift?

-Geaux

-Geaux

Bottom line is Dole and Perot received MORE of the popular vote than Bill Clinton did. So therefore, he lost the popular vote. I'm sure a golfing hack as yourself can understand that

-Geaux

The winner of the popular vote is the person that gets the most votes...not the one that gets more than 50%.

Too bad a partisan sheep like you is too stupid to understand that.

It is a crying shame you are even allowed to vote if you are really this stupid.

So what's different now?

-Geaux

Actually Clinton DID win the popular vote in both 92 & 96. . He did not exceed 50% of the PV, but got more than any other canidate.

So what's different now?

-Geaux

View attachment 222139
View attachment 222140
No, More people voted for the conservative side dumbass

There was not a conservative side, dumbass

So what's different now?

-Geaux

View attachment 222139
View attachment 222140

Unfortunately hope and change was a load of shit… There would be no trump if there was no Obama LOL

So what's different now?

-Geaux

View attachment 222139
View attachment 222140

Unfortunately hope and change was a load of shit… There would be no trump if there was no Obama LOL

And there would have been no Obama is not for GW... that is the way these things work.

Trump didn't even manage to win the plurality, let alone the majority.
Lol
Actually more people voted for the conservative/libertarian side you fucking moron...
Candidate Party Popular Votes
Donald J. Trump Republican 62,980,160
Hillary R. Clinton Democratic 65,845,063
Gary Johnson Libertarian 4,488,931
Jill Stein Green 1,457,050

So what's different now?

-Geaux

View attachment 222139
View attachment 222140

And there would have been no Obama is not for GW... that is the way these things work.
True, Both were career politicians though... There is no difference between career politicians no matter what side they choose

Trump didn't even manage to win the plurality, let alone the majority.
Lol
Actually more people voted for the conservative/libertarian side you fucking moron...
Candidate Party Popular Votes
Donald J. Trump Republican 62,980,160
Hillary R. Clinton Democratic 65,845,063
Gary Johnson Libertarian 4,488,931
Jill Stein Green 1,457,050

You think Trump is a conservative ! That is rich! :21::21::21::21::21::21::21::21::21::21::21:

So what's different now?

-Geaux

View attachment 222139
View attachment 222140
No, More people voted for the conservative side dumbass

There was not a conservative side, dumbass
Yes, conservative voters that did not vote for Clinton... No self respecting conservative would ever vote for a Clinton

Forum List

Back