Why Did Views on The Electoral College and Popular Vote Change?

I mean, Slick Willie Clinton never won the popular vote. Even candycorn was proud to post the electoral college results every time Obama got lambasted. As she included it in her signature

So what's different now?

-Geaux
Are you drunk this morning? Bill won the popular vote both elections.

View attachment 222139
View attachment 222140

I think he was trying to point out that he received a plurality of votes, but not a majority

A majority is not required to win the popular vote.

WTF?

Problem?

Only problem seems to be your stupidity.

Dude, what are you talking about? She was on the same ballot as any congressman, amendment, bill or referendum. Her name was on the ballot I cast. It didn’t have an X Next to it when I mailed it in however.

If you tell me your state I will give you the laws about the ballot. You *cannot* have voted for Hillary or Trump. Its not up to you. Only the electoral college can vote on a president.
Hillary Clinton got not one popular vote because people only vote for electors.
Then why aren't the ELECTORS on the ballot, like they used to be during our founder's time?

There were no electors on the ballot.... only candidates, so we voted for the candidate, NOT the electors....?

This is the problem with the EC and the Senate.

View attachment 222171

Er… no .... That big California shaped blue dot has 2 Senators just like every other State shaped dot on the map.

The Senate was designed to represent the interests of the States, ya know, the Sovereign Entities that created the Republic in the first place.

Whomever created that graphic has the comprehension of a 2nd grader when it comes to U.S. Civics.

They lost
Thanks. But I'm looking for something logical and defensable

-Geaux

HRC won the popular vote by close to three million votes, nationwide; Trump won three states (WI, MI & PA) by about 70,000 votes.

Two takeaways from this: Trump was elected President, and fewer American's wanted him to become President of the United States.

I mean, Slick Willie Clinton never won the popular vote. Even candycorn was proud to post the electoral college results every time Obama got lambasted. As she included it in her signature

So what's different now?

-Geaux

View attachment 222139
View attachment 222140

I think what he was going for was that Clinton didn't win a majority in the popular vote.

But in the current case, that's the beef... right?

Point being.. More people voted for Perot and Dole than did for Clinton

Why the shift?

-Geaux

No, in the current situation it is that Clinton got more votes than Trump, not that it was not over 50%.

It is a stupid beef, but at least get it right if you are going to make a thread about it.
Never said she got over 50%

Care to answer the question asked within this thread?

-Geaux

The question asked within this thread is based upon a lie that you posted. There is no question to answer as nobody is doing what you claim.
Bottom line is Dole and Perot received MORE of the popular vote than Bill Clinton did. So therefore, he lost the popular vote. I'm sure a golfing hack as yourself can understand that

-Geaux

No, dope.

Obviously a plurality is all that is required as he was a two term president.

Amazingly enough, even that much is apparently not required, since Trump is also President.

So what's different now?

-Geaux
trump-tweet-electoral-college.jpg

What's next are you going to post, That every republican lived in Massachusetts and approved of Romney care?

Non sequitur. Red herring. In short, horseshit.

It is a fact that Trump said the electoral college is a disaster for a democracy.

Deal with the irony and his hypocrisy.

So what's different now?

-Geaux

View attachment 222139
View attachment 222140

I think what he was going for was that Clinton didn't win a majority in the popular vote.

But that is not what he said.

HRC won the popular vote by close to three million votes, nationwide; Trump won three states (WI, MI & PA) by about 70,000 votes.

Two takeaways from this: Trump was elected President, and fewer American's wanted him to become President of the United States.

I thought you folks were all about affirmative action.

This is the problem with the EC and the Senate.

View attachment 222171

Funny, it all works quite well when your guys win.
Funny, it all works quite well when your guys win

It does.
Because they always win the popular vote as well, dope.

Which explains a lot about why we don't go by the apocryphal "popular vote". I know you consider it outrageous that two or three urban areas shouldn't be able to set themselves up as an elite ruling class over those nasty, annoying "flyover" people, but we have an Electoral College and a Senate PRECISELY to prevent that from happening.

Donald J. Trump on Twitter

Look at the date/time stamp on that tweet.

Trump was butt hurt Obama had just won re-election by an electoral landslide compared to the popular vote.

Obama achieved 61.4 percent of the electoral vote, compared to 51.1 percent of the popular vote.

Trump did not achieve either one of those benchmarks, so his tweet is especially rich in irony. :lol:

Hell, even Romney got a larger percentage of the popular vote than Trump did!

So what's different now?

-Geaux

View attachment 222139
View attachment 222140

What can I say? Some people aren't as articulate as others.

Also, as he pointed out, if you count ALL the people who voted who did not vote for Clinton, he didn't win the popular vote. Had it been a standard two-candidate race, he arguably would have lost.

Really irrelevant to the topic of the thread, though. I don't think anyone doubts that the only real reason that the left objects to the Electoral College, and now the Senate, is because the system isn't favoring them.

an empty house at Trumps inauguration tells the story.

Donald J. Trump on Twitter

Look at the date/time stamp on that tweet.

Trump was butt hurt Obama had just won re-election by an electoral landslide compared to the popular vote.

Obama achieved 61.4 percent of the electoral vote, compared to 51.1 percent of the popular vote.

Trump did not achieve either one of those benchmarks, so his tweet is especially rich in irony. :lol:

Hell, even Romney got a larger percentage of the popular vote than Trump did!

So what.

The Electoral College is to voting what the World Series is to baseball.

Every once in a rare while, the losing team will score more points than the winning team.

For example, the 1960 World Series. Despite scoring the most points of any team in World Series history to this day, the Yankees still lost.

So what's different now?

-Geaux

View attachment 222139
View attachment 222140

What can I say? Some people aren't as articulate as others.

Also, as he pointed out, if you count ALL the people who voted who did not vote for Clinton, he didn't win the popular vote. Had it been a standard two-candidate race, he arguably would have lost.

Really irrelevant to the topic of the thread, though. I don't think anyone doubts that the only real reason that the left objects to the Electoral College, and now the Senate, is because the system isn't favoring them.

Isnt that the only reasons anyone objects to much of anything these days?

Forum List

Back