Why do Democrats Trivialize The Threat From Radical Islam

Those "places" are not worshipped. Rome was a central location for the Catholic church (one of islam's greatest competitors). Jerusalem belongs to the Lord. He claimed it and has stated the He, Himself will defend it (and has). When those that want Israel go against Israel, the Lord Himself will defend it. It is more that the Jewish people belong to Jerusalem.

Either of those places will welcome other religions to visit. That is not so with islam's worshipped places. Secrecy and special rules apply to all that visit. Looks like "worship" from where I stand.

So Christians would have no religion issue with Rome being nuc'd and Jews would have no religious issue with Jerusalem being nuc'd...just two cities like any other. Gotcha. :eusa_whistle:

:eusa_eh:

Do you have ADHD?

Have you followed the conversation from the beginning? Or do you just come in with totally irrelevant insults? Maybe you need to review your own attention span.

Exactly what did the hearings accomplish?

Nothing becouse they were demagogue by the liberals.
Seriously,

Even if it wasn't about Muslims, but some other group of people.

I thought the whole thing was silly. :doubt:
If the US didn't invade Muslim nations or threaten Islamists interests then there would have been no 9/11 or terrorist attacks on the US, lets go Hitchens and remember Indonesia (US trains then backstabs the Muslims), Iraq (supports Saddam then backstabs him), Afghanistan (trains then backstabs the Muslims) and several other areas the US directly interfered in. It's one thing to sell weapons, quite another to train, arm and backstab the Muslims time and time again. :cuckoo:

The US govt have to make a choice they either be honest with the Muslim community or continue to lie and spout this 'freedom of religion bullshit', why no Sharia Law in the US? Because there is no total freedom of religion, it contradicts the rest of the constitution. :lol:

PS: What next? Obama wants to invade and overthrow Saudi Arabia? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
"Look at all of those haters of mosques in this country" is your example of "witch hunts"? How sad that you distort the 'position of the location OF ONE MOSQUE' as the hatred of all mosques. Please provide the evidence (links) of "hatred and harrassment" of muslims in this country. Please provide the evidence (links) that cleared all of those muslims that have been tried (in this country) for terrorist activities (in this country).
BTW, accusing me of any hatreds, bigotry, (and don't forget the big RACIST charge), does not change the facts.

Nice avoidance of the FACT that you tried to claim that I made statements that I NEVER did. When and where did I claim that "no" muslims are involved in "subversive activities"?? You said i made the claim how about you prove it??

You asked for evidence "where "muslims" are harassed and undermined in this country" and I gave it to you and your response is to pretend it doesn't count. LOL You asked for evidence of harassment and I gave it to you. I answered the question you asked so it's not my problem that you fail to grasp that fact.

Furthermore even a moron like you should know that it is more than just the mosque NEAR ground zero that is being targeted.

I asked you for evidence of "witch hunts",

Ok moron here it is AGAIN. Your own words that show exactly what you asked for and got,.

Are you really making the statement that "no" muslims are involved in "subversive activities"???????

Can you give evidence where "muslims" are harassed and undermined in this country?

Are you really going to continue making shite up and trying to attribute it to others when they never said anything of the kind???????????

Look at all of those haters of mosques in this country and the arguments that they make for your evidence of the harassment and undermining.

So go ahead and lie again and say that you asked me for evidence of "witch hunts." After all it's your lack of credibility that is on display. LOL

Last edited:
He claimed to be the 'scholar'. I pointed out "one" area of the Bible that was twisted for the quran's purposes. It gave him the opportunity to go and read it. Did you notice that he hasn't responded? Maybe, you should read that section, too. It goes into great detail about the two nations that originate with Abraham. Why did Israel get his name? Read and learn!

Nice avoidance. However YOU made the claim therefore the burden of proof is on YOU. Telling him that he is the scholar and should know it to look it up is a failure on your part.

I read it, your turn. When someone tells me that something is in the Bible, I usually verify it.

Sure you do. LOL

The muslims say they were the Lord's chosen people from Abraham. If that is so, why did the Lord follow Isacc's family (the legitimate son)? Why did the Lord show himself, and give the Hebrews the ten Commandments (if Ishmael was the chosen one)? Read about it and then let's have a discussion. It is not very lengthy. I believe you can read it without too much trouble. Sunni is also welcome to join the discussion, since he has claimed he "is" a Biblical scholar.

Any way you spin it, YOU made the claim therefore the burden of proof is on YOU. I am not going to waste my time looking up and searching for BS that you should provide in order to substantiate your claims.
You are basically telling people to go snipe hunting and look for something that you haven't shown to even exist.

Pew Forum: Report: Religion-based hate crimes highest since 2001

"November 23, 2009
Report: Religion-based hate crimes highest since 2001
by Matthew E. Berger
Religion News Service

WASHINGTON (RNS) Hate crime incidents targeting people based on their religion were at their highest frequency last year since 2001, according to a new report. The report, compiled by the Anti-Defamation League from FBI data, found 1,519 religious hate crimes in 2008, accounting for about 20 percent of all bias crimes. It was an increase from 2007, when 1,400 crimes of religious bias were reported. The number of crimes targeting Jews or Jewish institutions also increased in 2008. There were 1,013 hate crimes against Jews last year, accounting for about two-thirds of all religious bias crimes. It was the largest number of crimes against Jews since 2001. Overall, hate crimes rose slightly in 2008, with participating agencies reporting 7,783 bias crimes. Racial bias accounted for about half of all those reported, with attacks aimed at ethnicity and sexual orientation accounting for much of the balance. Attacks against Muslims dropped slightly last year, to 105 reports. The numbers spiked in 2001, in the aftermath of the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks. That year, 597 attacks against Muslims were reported, bringing the number of overall bias crimes up past 9,000 incidents. ADL officials said an increase in agencies participating in the survey could account for part of the increase last year. But they said the spike remains a concern nonetheless."

It looks like hate crimes against Jews were ten times as great as hate crimes agains muslims.

Thanks for the non sequitur about jewish hate crimes or can you show how this has anything to do with the discussion about muslims being harassed and undermined? What are you trying to say with this??

That "muslim" hate crimes are less than other groups and that those that claim the muslims are being targeted simply because of their religion, is greatly exaggerated.

Really?? So because it's less than jewish hate crimes that somehow makes the hate crimes against muslims invalid??

Fact is that I answered your question

Can you give evidence where "muslims" are harassed and undermined in this country?

Then you chime in with some non sequitur BS about how hate crimes against jews were higher as if that somehow counters the fact that muslims are being "harassed and undermined" in this country when it doesn't.

Furthermore, how has it been "greatly exaggerated" when most, including me, are only saying that it exists even as the right is trying to pretend that it doesn't?? You even went so far as to claim that the position of only ONE mosque was was being distorted and bod's links countered that line of bs from you.

BTW I am still waiting on you to show how your non sequitur has anything to do with the discussion about muslims being harassed and undermined? Or is your avoidance of that simple question an admission that it has NOTHING to do with the discussion being had?

So Christians would have no religion issue with Rome being nuc'd and Jews would have no religious issue with Jerusalem being nuc'd...just two cities like any other. Gotcha. :eusa_whistle:

:eusa_eh:

Do you have ADHD?

Have you followed the conversation from the beginning? Or do you just come in with totally irrelevant insults? Maybe you need to review your own attention span.

He's a troll so that is all that he has to offer. Next he will claim that everything you say is incoherent so he can justify ingoring the actual content of your posts to his own warped little mind. Then he will neg rep you still avoiding the actual debate because he knows he has nothing valid to offer and then troll back in later with the same type of "irrelevant insults" that he started with.

The order will shift from time to time but it pretty much follows that pattern.

There is no Arab superpower because after WWI, the Allies divided up the Turkish-Ottaman Empire into the current nation-states we have on the map today. Arab Nationalism is not a new idea. The colonial powers have been against it since forever.

It has nothing to do with the superstition they practice over there......

Superstitious religious beliefs are backwards and barbarous in nature anyway.

Ohhh .... please tell us when the last time the muslims had a "superpower" was? Now tell us how they got it and kept it.

um.. how does that not apply to everyone?

Name another "religion" that expanded their lands, just for the reason of religious conversion (especially interested in those that practiced violence for over one thousand years). Name another religion that has a "creed" of convert, murder or treat as second class citizen those not of the faith.

There is more if you care to research it. I know you do not search out truth, so I gave more than one example.
Next time you ought to read what you post.

In the countries that you listed slavery is against the law.

It was criminals who were selling women and children as sex slaves.

Heck, 60 Minutes did a program about the same thing happening here in America.

Also, your article talks about slaves from the lower "caste"

FYI that is Hindu's :doubt:

I was not trying to slant the story. I am aware that Hindus and other far eastern communities participate in slavery.

There are more stories in the news (worldwide) about muslims abusing slaves/servants than what you hear about the Hindus. If it is illegal, how can these "criminals" transport their "slaves" out of country where they are discovered abusing these people in other countries? Again, you do not disagree with the evidence presented, but focus on a small detail that you can twist to ignore the truth. Maybe that is why you chose islam, you don't care to know or live the truth.

So, if someone drops a nuke on Rome or on Jerusalem...that means that the Judeo-Christian god has no power either.........

Just going with what passes for logic with you.

Those "places" are not worshipped. Rome was a central location for the Catholic church (one of islam's greatest competitors). Jerusalem belongs to the Lord. He claimed it and has stated the He, Himself will defend it (and has). When those that want Israel go against Israel, the Lord Himself will defend it. It is more that the Jewish people belong to Jerusalem.

Either of those places will welcome other religions to visit. That is not so with islam's worshipped places. Secrecy and special rules apply to all that visit. Looks like "worship" from where I stand.

Other than historical artifacts and cultural center, no. Would they be upset? Yes, as they would be for any city that was "nuked" (even Mecca).

There is more if you care to research it. I know you do not search out truth, so I gave more than one example.

I was not trying to slant the story. I am aware that Hindus and other far eastern communities participate in slavery.

There are more stories in the news (worldwide) about muslims abusing slaves/servants than what you hear about the Hindus. If it is illegal, how can these "criminals" transport their "slaves" out of country where they are discovered abusing these people in other countries? Again, you do not disagree with the evidence presented, but focus on a small detail that you can twist to ignore the truth. Maybe that is why you chose islam, you don't care to know or live the truth.

UH this kind of argument is funny coming from the side that argues taking guns away won't help because the criminals will find a way to get guns. If they are illegal in that country then they are probably transported in an illegal manner. Is that logic really that hard for you to grasp?

Things that are illegal make it into this country all of the time does that make their presence here justified or condoned??

So how is the FACT that criminals breaking the law to commit the crime of slavery a "small detail" in your world?

Last edited:
Nice avoidance of the FACT that you tried to claim that I made statements that I NEVER did. When and where did I claim that "no" muslims are involved in "subversive activities"?? You said i made the claim how about you prove it??

You asked for evidence "where "muslims" are harassed and undermined in this country" and I gave it to you and your response is to pretend it doesn't count. LOL You asked for evidence of harassment and I gave it to you. I answered the question you asked so it's not my problem that you fail to grasp that fact.

Furthermore even a moron like you should know that it is more than just the mosque NEAR ground zero that is being targeted.

Ok moron here it is AGAIN. Your own words that show exactly what you asked for and got,.

Are you really making the statement that "no" muslims are involved in "subversive activities"???????

Are you really going to continue making shite up and trying to attribute it to others when they never said anything of the kind???????????

Look at all of those haters of mosques in this country and the arguments that they make for your evidence of the harassment and undermining.

So go ahead and lie again and say that you asked me for evidence of "witch hunts." After all it's your lack of credibility that is on display. LOL

You are the one that is exaggerating how muslims are persecuted in this country. "Witch hunt" was used to assist in that exaggeration. I am pointing out that there is no systematic harassment/undermining/witch hunts happening in this country. Did people (including me) disagree with placing a mosque in close proximity of the twin towers terror hit? Yes, we did, especially since the Catholic church that is in the same proximity, has not been able to move ahead with repairs (it was already there).
Some of us understand, fully, that islam is not just a religion, but a governence system that demands submission from all faiths, all peoples. Mosques, historically have been placed as symbols of domination in areas that were "conquered". It was important that there was no misunderstanding, the USA was not "conquered". That is one of those facts that is also "trivialized" by the left, and yes, it is a threat from the radicals that would use islam to hurt the people in the USA.

UH this kind of argument is funny coming from the side that argues taking guns away won't help because the criminals will find a way to get guns. If they are illegal in that country then they are probably transported in an illegal manner. Is that logic really that hard for you to grasp?

Things that are illegal make it into this country all of the time does that make their presence here justified or condoned??

So how is the FACT that criminals breaking the law to commit the crime of slavery a "small detail" in your world?

Did you really compare gun ownership to slavery?

:lol:

Nice avoidance. However YOU made the claim therefore the burden of proof is on YOU. Telling him that he is the scholar and should know it to look it up is a failure on your part.

I read it, your turn. When someone tells me that something is in the Bible, I usually verify it.

Sure you do. LOL

The muslims say they were the Lord's chosen people from Abraham. If that is so, why did the Lord follow Isacc's family (the legitimate son)? Why did the Lord show himself, and give the Hebrews the ten Commandments (if Ishmael was the chosen one)? Read about it and then let's have a discussion. It is not very lengthy. I believe you can read it without too much trouble. Sunni is also welcome to join the discussion, since he has claimed he "is" a Biblical scholar.

Any way you spin it, YOU made the claim therefore the burden of proof is on YOU. I am not going to waste my time looking up and searching for BS that you should provide in order to substantiate your claims.
You are basically telling people to go snipe hunting and look for something that you haven't shown to even exist.

Wow! I guess you are "afraid" to open the Bible. How refreshing that you actually admit it. I will know in the future that any Biblical quotes you use will have come from somewhere else (as you could not possibly do your own research in the actual Bible).

BTW, opening the Bible is NEVER a waste of time. It is a great book of learning and it does show that you do not read it.

Thanks for the non sequitur about jewish hate crimes or can you show how this has anything to do with the discussion about muslims being harassed and undermined? What are you trying to say with this??

That "muslim" hate crimes are less than other groups and that those that claim the muslims are being targeted simply because of their religion, is greatly exaggerated.

Really?? So because it's less than jewish hate crimes that somehow makes the hate crimes against muslims invalid??

Fact is that I answered your question

Then you chime in with some non sequitur BS about how hate crimes against jews were higher as if that somehow counters the fact that muslims are being "harassed and undermined" in this country when it doesn't.

Furthermore, how has it been "greatly exaggerated" when most, including me, are only saying that it exists even as the right is trying to pretend that it doesn't?? You even went so far as to claim that the position of only ONE mosque was was being distorted and bod's links countered that line of bs from you.

BTW I am still waiting on you to show how your non sequitur has anything to do with the discussion about muslims being harassed and undermined? Or is your avoidance of that simple question an admission that it has NOTHING to do with the discussion being had?

Please name one group (or a person belonging to said group) that is not/has not been "harrassed and undermined". You are implying it is a large scale problem, not isloated incidents that are comparable to any other "group" in the USA. I never claimed there were no incidents. I just don't see the population as a whole targeting muslims for "harrassment and undermining" as you have repeatedly, implied.

Yeah...there's more than just your way of being a coward. Don't worry. I'm right here. Not going anywhere.

Didn't figure you were.

Sunni is running and hiding because I nailed him to the wall with his lack of faith, I exposed the FACT that he really doesn't believe that Allah is all powerful or even exists.

The goat-herder god is an absurdity, the followers know it, but pretend otherwise.

With Jews and Christians I don't much care - they don't murder people. So I leave them alone. But Muslims are killers, so exposing that they KNOW their religion is a crock of shit is warranted. Sunni is pouting because I exposed him.

So tell us...what have YOU done to stem the tide of radical muslim terrorism?

I exposed Sunni!

You are the one that is exaggerating how muslims are persecuted in this country.

really?? when and where?? Show proof of how I exaggerated anything to do with how muslims are persecuted?? I said that they were "harassed and undermined" when I answered YOUR question that you now wish to pretend never existed.

"Witch hunt" was used to assist in that exaggeration.

Hmm??

witch-hunt
n.
An investigation carried out ostensibly to uncover subversive activities but actually used to harass and undermine those with differing views.
A campaign directed against a person or group holding unorthodox or unpopular views.
The searching out and deliberate harassment of those (as political opponents) with unpopular views

That does seem to apply since it has been shown how there has been harrassment and undermining by many on the right including in this very thread as right wingers try to label the whole of islam as being radical.

I am pointing out that there is no systematic harassment/undermining/witch hunts happening in this country.

Well NOW you are claiming that to be the case but you have failed miserably to point it out or substantiate any such claim.

Did people (including me) disagree with placing a mosque in close proximity of the twin towers terror hit? Yes, we did, especially since the Catholic church that is in the same proximity, has not been able to move ahead with repairs (it was already there).

are you really this dense?? It is not and has been shown that it is not just the placement of that one mosque NEAR ground zero, so why contrinue to focus only on a small detail that you think you can spin??

Some of us understand, fully, that islam is not just a religion, but a governence system that demands submission from all faiths, all peoples. Mosques, historically have been placed as symbols of domination in areas that were "conquered". It was important that there was no misunderstanding, the USA was not "conquered". That is one of those facts that is also "trivialized" by the left, and yes, it is a threat from the radicals that would use islam to hurt the people in the USA.

LOL Your ability to "understand, fully" is nothing but a load of hogwash based on talking points and fear mongering.

So you actually believe that muslims who wish to build this mosque are actually trying to say that they "conquered" the US because they built a building/community center here that contains a mosque in it??

Last edited:

Did you really compare gun ownership to slavery?

:lol:

Actually, he compared criminal activities using guns with slavery. Just thought I'd point that out.

Forum List

Back