Why do GOP presidents increase the deficit while Dem Decrease it?

CowboyTed

Platinum Member
Sep 22, 2014
Ireland
1657631818140.png

Same for unemployment, dems decrease it GOP increase it...
1657631916911.png

rRchest states are blue

View attachment 669283

View attachment 669284
rRchest states are blue

Judging by your own links, Obama’s spending was way higher than Bush’s. President Trump’s was way lower than Obama (save 2020 pandemic year). Biden has yet to drop it below pandemic levels of spending, it’s not even close.

View attachment 669283

View attachment 669284
rRchest states are blue
Did you notice just this year that Joe Biteme's deficit is 1.6 trillion dollars, how is that lowering the deficit you retard?

6.06 trillion spent vs 4.385 trillion recieved. 1.6 trillion dollar deficit. You fuckers always god damn lie.

View attachment 669283

View attachment 669284
rRchest states are blue

So let me see if I have this right: You take a small slice of history, and make an assumption that GOP Presidents invariably increase the deficit, and Democrats decrease it, right?

Ok then, let's look at a bigger picture. Here's a short list of Presidents and how much they increased the deficit:

Donald Trump - 33.62%

Barack Obama - 69.98%

Almost equal, right? Obama served eight years and Trump served four.

Now let's look at some Democrats:

FDR - 1047.73%

Woodrow Wilson - 722.21%

James Polk - 295.99%

Martin Van Buren, who was a founder of the Democrat Party - 1458.32%

US Debt by President | Chart & Per President Deficit | Self.

View attachment 669283

View attachment 669284
rRchest states are blue
Trump and his Trumpsters called his economy "the Greatest Ever", even though it was only at 2.4% GDP growth when COVID hit. And this included TRILLIONS of stimulus pumped into "his" economy by the Fed, another TWO TRILLION from the NY Fed, interest rates that were kept artificially low, and with Trump hounding the Fed to keep the free money gravy train comin':

The biggest contributing factor to this is a political/electoral "system" that incentivizes and rewards the politicians for only giving lip service to fiscal responsibility. But yeah, it was great to see that the deficit has been coming down. I'll take it.

Last edited:
View attachment 669283

View attachment 669284
rRchest states are blue
Your own chart shows deficit spending explosion under Biden...

...and putying 'Pandemic' at the top of one of tbe columns does not excuse masdive deficit spending when Biden totally criminally mismanaged the Pandemic & Democrats used much of the COVID money for anything but COVID, & tons of the money can't be found.

Last edited:
Trump and his Trumpsters called his economy "the Greatest Ever", even though it was only at 2.4% GDP growth when COVID hit. And this included TRILLIONS of stimulus pumped into "his" economy by the Fed, another TWO TRILLION from the NY Fed, interest rates that were kept artificially low, and with Trump hounding the Fed to keep the free money gravy train comin':

The biggest contributing factor to this is a political/electoral "system" that incentivizes and rewards the politicians for only giving lip service to fiscal responsibility. But yeah, it was great to see that the deficit has been coming down. I'll take it.

You're an economic idiot. Trump's GDP did reach 3% in 2018.

U.S. GDP Growth Rate 1961-2022

But what you fail to understand is that the inflation rate was only 1.9% in 2018.

US Inflation Rate by Year: 1929-2023

The inflation rate is now 8.5%, which pretty much cancels out any economic gains the current morons in office could brag about.

You're an economic idiot. Trump's GDP did reach 3% in 2018.
As I said, WHEN COVID HIT, the GDP was growing at a 2.4% rate. And actually, it was just 2.3%.

I'm a 21+ year financial advisor, CFP, 7/63/65, ChFC/CLU. You are just another arrogant, ignorant, mindless Trumpster.

This is why I no longer bother.

<flick>

View attachment 669283

View attachment 669284
rRchest states are blue
In most cases it is because the Democratic president is put in check by Republicans in Congress. In Biden's case it is because democrats got Trump to sign off on Trillions during the pandemic and are taking advantage of the after effects regarding the deficits. By the way, nice try and deflecting from the fact that over 80% of Americans think the country is going in the wrong direction.

As I said, WHEN COVID HIT, the GDP was growing at a 2.4% rate. And actually, it was just 2.3%.

I'm a 21+ year financial advisor, CFP, 7/63/65, ChFC/CLU. You are just another arrogant, ignorant, mindless Trumpster.

This is why I no longer bother.

<flick>

Trump was not responsible for COVID. As a "financial advisor", I would expect you to see the difference between the high point of Trump's successful economy, and where we are now.

You might also want to take into consideration the consumer price index at the height of Trump's economy, as opposed to where it is now.

Consumer Price Index Data from 1913 to 2022 | US Inflation Calculator

Trump was not responsible for COVID. As a "financial advisor", I would expect you to see the difference between the high point of Trump's successful economy, and where we are now.

You might also want to take into consideration the consumer price index at the height of Trump's economy, as opposed to where it is now.

Consumer Price Index Data from 1913 to 2022 | US Inflation Calculator
Who in the hell said he was responsible for COVID???? Is that the voice in your head?

I didn't make any comparisons to the current economy. I was very specific.

You're out of your league, Trumpster. Dismissed.

Judging by your own links, Obama’s spending was way higher than Bush’s. President Trump’s was way lower than Obama (save 2020 pandemic year). Biden has yet to drop it below pandemic levels of spending, it’s not even close.
Barry the Boiking blew a hole in the debt in his first year, then takes credit for adding less debt than that in subsequent years....That's the leftist grift.

View attachment 669283

View attachment 669284
rRchest states are blue
Reckless, irresponsible tax cuts are part of the problem, along with failed, illegal wars.

In most cases it is because the Democratic president is put in check by Republicans in Congress. In Biden's case it is because democrats got Trump to sign off on Trillions during the pandemic and are taking advantage of the after effects regarding the deficits. By the way, nice try and deflecting from the fact that over 80% of Americans think the country is going in the wrong direction.
There’s an excuse every time

Key phrase … EVERY time

But THIS time they’re gonna get it right

They promise

Who in the hell said he was responsible for COVID???? Is that the voice in your head?

I didn't make any comparisons to the current economy. I was very specific.

You're out of your league, Trumpster. Dismissed.

No I am not "dismissed." Leftists always point to the most bleak times in Trump's administration, and unfairly attribute those to him. Had it not been for a CCP biological weapon that they lost control of, President Trump's economy would have been historic. Hell, it was historic, even in spite of COVID.

But no: The left can't keep themselves from blaming Trump for COVID, or anything else they see fit.

View attachment 669283

View attachment 669284
rRchest states are blue
Because President's don't control the budget it is Congress that controls the purse strings. The best for the country is a Democratic President and a Republican Congress, that seems to shrink deficits.

View attachment 669283

View attachment 669284
rRchest states are blue
1657643697253.png

I always knew you all were blind as fking bats, but thanks for proving it. Too fking funny.

Hey who was president 2008 to 2016? just curious if you even know our presidents. Who's president in 2021? dude, go to sleep and save mankind from your nausea.

Obama reduced spending... Like most Democrat Presidents....

1657643835844.png

Bush increased and Obama brought back down again..
1657643708878.png
1657643768242.png

But don't worry Trump pushed right back up again.. Even before COVID

Attachments

• 1657643812317.png
    1657643812317.png
    9.8 KB · Views: 15

Forum List

Back