Why Do Liberals Deny America's Christian Founding and Heritage?

Enslaving blacks and treating women as less than men were very moral.

Sorry....everyone practiced slavery...but it was Christianity that ended it.........both here and in Britian....and communism, the atheist way....enslaves everyone still......

A liberal would have us believe that the 13 colonies were not religious colonies and that religious values did not shape our Founders' values 100%.
You would have us believe that the founders were totally just kidding about that whole separation of church and state thing.

You mean the private letter that Jefferson wrote...considering it appears nowhere in any of the founding documents...and the 1st Amendment covers freedom "OF" religion, not from religion?
Here learn something:

Separation of church and state in the United States - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Yeah...again...it is not in any of our founding documents.......

And the only place it is mentioned is in a private letter, by Thomas Jefferson who was not in the country when the Constitution was written....and who helped write....."All men are endowed by their creator....."

By the way...........don't you guys hate Thomas Jefferson...........you know...you always trash him because he owned slaves.....and then when you can exploit a letter written in private.....then all of a sudden he is your guy.....

the left are assholes.......

Enslaving blacks and treating women as less than men were very moral.

Sorry....everyone practiced slavery...but it was Christianity that ended it.........both here and in Britian....and communism, the atheist way....enslaves everyone still......

A liberal would have us believe that the 13 colonies were not religious colonies and that religious values did not shape our Founders' values 100%.
You would have us believe that the founders were totally just kidding about that whole separation of church and state thing.

You mean the private letter that Jefferson wrote...considering it appears nowhere in any of the founding documents...and the 1st Amendment covers freedom "OF" religion, not from religion?
Here learn something:

Separation of church and state in the United States - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia
you know a liberal is defeated when he is reduced to cut and paste

Here learn something:

And the only place it is mentioned is in a private letter, by Thomas Jefferson who was not in the country when the Constitution was written....and who helped write....."All men are endowed by their creator....."

By the way...........don't you guys hate Thomas Jefferson...........you know...you always trash him because he owned slaves.....and then when you can exploit a letter written in private.....then all of a sudden he is your guy.....

Click the link before you make yourself look any sillier.

Here learn something:

Lol Ed I thought I made it pretty clear I was done with you. You are best taken in small doses :rofl:

Here learn something:

No....you listen to this audio from Mark Levin and find out what was really meant........it is 6 minute long......you really need it.....

Mark Levin Separation of Church and State came from an anti-Catholic bigot The Right Scoop -

Mark Levin tells the history of Separation of Church and State and how it came from a man who was not only an anti-Catholic bigot, but a former member of the KKK:

Read more: Mark Levin Separation of Church and State came from an anti-Catholic bigot The Right Scoop -

again.....Thomas Jefferson wrote a private letter and had nothing to do with the creation of the Constitution.........he was in France at the time.......

.and the 1st Amendment covers freedom "OF" religion, not from religion?
And at the time it only applied to the Federal govt only. The states were left with very serious religious practices with which our Founders did not seek to interfere.

Here learn something:

Lol Ed I thought I made it pretty clear I was done with you. You are best taken in small doses :rofl:

translation: as a typical liberal I was defeated and now I'm running

Here you go more Mark Levin on the separation of church and state...

What Media Won t Tell You About Separation of Church and State

The "Wall of Separation" phrase comes not from the Constitution, but from President Jefferson's letter to the Danbury Baptists in 1802. As Levin notes, the obscure comment was virtually ignored for nearly a century and a half. It wasn't until 1947 when Supreme Court Justice Hugo Black ruled in the Everson case — which actually upheld the use of taxpayer money to transport children to Catholic and other parochial schools — that the Jefferson metaphor was used to establish "the anti-religious precedent that has done so much damage to religious freedom."

Levin's argument is similar to that of the late Chief Justice William Rehnquist. In his dissent in a 1985 ruling against silent school prayer, Rehnquist pointed out: "There is simply no historical foundation for the proposition that the Framers intended to build the 'wall of separation' that was constitutionalized in Everson." He called Jefferson's "wall" "a metaphor based on bad history, a metaphor which has proved useless as a guide to judging."

Hugo Black...appointed by FDR....and a member of the kkk......

Levin quotes Hugo Black's son about Hugo black and the klan....and his hate for the Catholic Church......

- See more at: What Media Won t Tell You About Separation of Church and State

Here learn something:

No....you listen to this audio from Mark Levin and find out what was really meant........it is 6 minute long......you really need it.....

Mark Levin Separation of Church and State came from an anti-Catholic bigot The Right Scoop -

Mark Levin tells the history of Separation of Church and State and how it came from a man who was not only an anti-Catholic bigot, but a former member of the KKK:

Read more: Mark Levin Separation of Church and State came from an anti-Catholic bigot The Right Scoop -

again.....Thomas Jefferson wrote a private letter and had nothing to do with the creation of the Constitution.........he was in France at the time.......
Mark Levin is a lunatic, paid to drive people like you into a frenzy. Fine, you don't want to listen to me? Okay. But remember that at every turn separation of church and state, in the way that the founders are perceived to have intended, has been upheld. And that is something that you cannot deny.

Here learn something:

Mark Levin is a lunatic, paid to drive people like you into a frenzy. Fine, you don't want to listen to me? Okay. But remember that at every turn separation of church and state, in the way that the founders are perceived to have intended, has been upheld. And that is something that you cannot deny.

That they are wrong...sure, I can't deny that......the left has been wrong on everything......tell me how Levin is wrong.....

Here learn something:

What the hell are you talking about? read the establishment clause "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof.

What the hell are you talking about? read the establishment clause "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof.

and??????????

And slooooooow person, read through the thread and learn something.
translation: I have no idea why I wrote that

I bet you don't.

translation: nuhah has no idea why he wrote that and so is afraid to say why, and, instead, will try to change subject and hope nobody notices.

and??????????

And slooooooow person, read through the thread and learn something.
translation: I have no idea why I wrote that

I bet you don't.

translation: nuhah has no idea why he wrote that and so is afraid to say why, and, instead, will try to change subject and hope nobody notices.

Eduardo is wrong again and again and again and won't own up to it never realizing how foolish it makes him look.

Eduardo is wrong again and again and again and won't own up to it never realizing how foolish it makes him look.

Dear you wrote this:
"The Founders were very much human not inspired by or instructed by God to write the documents that established this country and we should be both respectful and proud of that fact."

and then I showed you first sentence of Declaration.

Would you like to revise what you wrote?

Dear you wrote this:
"The Founders were very much human not inspired by or instructed by God to write the documents that established this country and we should be both respectful and proud of that fact."

and then I showed you first sentence of Declaration.

Would you like to revise what you wrote?

Eduardo, you already asked me that and I responded. The Founders were not inspired by God and were fully capable of enlightened thought. I also explained that the reference in the constitution has been explained by both the Founders and scholars for more than 200 years. You are not only wrong, you are completely wrong.

Whatever the founders thought matters not today. Whatever SCOTUS thinks matters today.

Forum List

Back