Why do military people hate Republicans?

Military people are a microcosm of the US population. You have both lefties and righties in the military.

Yes and no. The military has always leaned more to the right. Though I do think from what I have seen and read and from those still in that is shifting
I would assume that to be slightly true that they leaned more to the right when speaking of officers but from my experience the enlisted tend to lean to the left..

I was in from 1988 to 2008 and even the enlisted were just as right leaning then. Maybe that has changed now.
No it has not Most enlisted lean right Asslips doesn't know what he is talking about. My experience was that technical officers leaned left and enlisted leaned right.

trump epitomizes why I never served, even with the encouragement of a beloved relative who was a USAF lifer during the Nixon era. What do you do when you have sworn an oath to serve and then end up with some scum like trump as your your commander-in-chief? Does one have to salute such a bag of shit?
Ya cause all the Military that disagreed with Clinton and Obama showed disrespect right you fucking hack?

Military veterans against Donald Trump

I have seen countless videos of veterans against Donald Trump. why do they hate him and Republicans so much?

Are military people democrats?

48959203_599818643773571_7923788583184367616_n.jpg
I hate to break it to you, but the vast majority of our military members are from the south and VERY republican.

Yeah. This is why we are at perpetual war. The GOp knows that military stuff plays in the sticks . After all, they just can’t rely on the rich for votes . The numbers don’t work .
Republicans have always supported our troops, unlike the left who have a well documented history of mocking and LITERALLY spitting on our veterans.

There hasn’t been “spitting “ since Nam 40 + years ago . No draft either .

Today’s military are basically federal employees . How ironic they lean roghtbsonce the gop hates fed employees .

trump epitomizes why I never served, even with the encouragement of a beloved relative who was a USAF lifer during the Nixon era. What do you do when you have sworn an oath to serve and then end up with some scum like trump as your your commander-in-chief? Does one have to salute such a bag of shit?
Unfortunately you have to salute every scum bag or faint while in ranks and be dragged behind the formation.

Funny story: when my beloved aunt and godmother first joined, she told me that she walked past some guys and they all snapped to attention and saluted. She wasn't used to it yet and their commander had to ask her to please release these men by returning their salute. Boy! Was her face ever red!

She tried to talk me into the USAF when I graduated from college, but then, there had been Nixon. There is no way in hell that I could ever salute trump or accord him any other token of respect.

I was deployed overseas when I saw the headlines about the Ken Starr report. A local newspaper had all the gritty, nasty details of the report in it.

I think that is the only time in my 20 years of active duty that I was actually angry at the current Commander in Chief.

If I was still on active duty, I would have that same feeling about Trump.

You know, I was pissed at Clinton as well for that. Now, under him, the economy was doing pretty good, relations with overseas nations was decent, and my taxes weren't all that bad. However..................because he lied about getting a bj in the Oval Office, THAT is why I didn't like him. If he had stood up, said, yeah, I made a mistake, but power is a strong aphrodesiac, and she was interested. I've talked it over with my family, and it's a private matter. If he had said that, I would have given him a pass on the bj, but because he kept lying about it, I lost all respect for him. When he came to visit my ship one year, I did everything in my power to assure that I would be on liberty the day he was supposed to show up, and made it happen.

And yeah, a lot of the military is kinda conservative leaning, but that is because of the environment we are in. There are rules that must be followed, procedures that need to be done in exact order, as well as other things that lean conservative.

But, like I said, we have rules we have to follow, and if you don't tell what is really going on up and down the chain, you can possibly get someone killed.

I don't think it's that the military is against the Republicans, I think that the military is against Trump himself for all the lies he has told, all the things he has flip flopped on, and now, shutting down the government so the military doesn't get paid until it reopens.

Trump doesn't embody any kind of military values that I can see, and he's supposed to be the CIC.

Military veterans against Donald Trump

I have seen countless videos of veterans against Donald Trump. why do they hate him and Republicans so much?

Are military people democrats?

48959203_599818643773571_7923788583184367616_n.jpg

.00002% of military men and women dislike President Trump.
Those who dislike him are men in dresses and pole puffers, barely legal anchor babies like the one depicted in your meme, total fucking wack-jobs and those married to wetbacks....that's all.
Nobody sane really gives two shits about micro-percentages.

Does one have to salute such a bag of shit?

Would you have saluted Obama?

Yes. He is an honorable man and was an honorable president. Now we have just what as Commander-in-chief? I don't salute dirt. I don't associate with the crude like trump.

Unfortunately you have to salute every scum bag or faint while in ranks and be dragged behind the formation.

Funny story: when my beloved aunt and godmother first joined, she told me that she walked past some guys and they all snapped to attention and saluted. She wasn't used to it yet and their commander had to ask her to please release these men by returning their salute. Boy! Was her face ever red!

She tried to talk me into the USAF when I graduated from college, but then, there had been Nixon. There is no way in hell that I could ever salute trump or accord him any other token of respect.

You know, there is a thing that military people learn how to do that helps with saluting someone who you despise. It's called having respect for the rank, if not the person.

There have been a couple of officers over my 20 year career that I thought were total POS's and sorry excuses for human beings. Even though I wouldn't piss up their ass if their guts were on fire while in civilian clothes, if we were both in uniform, I still showed respect for their rank and the institution that is the U.S. Navy, and would render the necessary honors. If I was still active duty and Trump passed by, I would salute if in uniform, because I have respect for the office of the presidency, even if I have zero use for Trump.

One of those officers I despised was a CDR, and I saw him one night out in town after he had transferred off the ship. He came up to me and my date, trying to make small talk and act friendly, but I politely informed him "Sir, you are no longer in my chain of command, and I am currently on liberty, so keep on going, as I have nothing to say to you". But, if he had been in uniform, I would have saluted, said I had someplace else to be and left. I would still render honors when in uniform.

Does one have to salute such a bag of shit?

Would you have saluted Obama?

Yes. He is an honorable man and was an honorable president. Now we have just what as Commander-in-chief? I don't salute dirt. I don't associate with the crude like trump.

Oddly

I believe you would have saluted Clinton, at the peak of his impeachment, but not Nixon, Reagan, Bush, Bush 2, or Trump.

Your 'Oath of Loyalty' would have relied upon their politics, not their rank as CiC

Wow....................I remember back in the mid 90's, when I knew of a guy who was HIV positive. The military didn't kick him out, but rather used him as a PR messenger who would talk about the dangers and prevention of HIV. They allowed him to finish out his current enlistment.

I also knew of a guy who had contracted syphilis and it was past the curable stage. He was part of our squadron when we were in homeport, but when we deployed, he went to the shore det of the airwing, and would come back when we returned. He also was discharged at the end of his enlistment.

Not sure if they got medical retirement or not. But discharging these airmen, especially now that there are treatments that allow them to live pretty much normal lives with the virus is stupid, especially when there is a recruiting shortage. The only thing I can think of that the couldn't do on deployment is be part of the walking blood bank, meaning if blood was needed, you donated. That is about the only part of a deployment I can think of them not being useful for.

Or maybe the conservatives in charge want to get rid of hiv guys cause they figure they got the gay .

You know, there is a thing that military people learn how to do that helps with saluting someone who you despise. It's called having respect for the rank, if not the person.

There have been a couple of officers over my 20 year career that I thought were total POS's and sorry excuses for human beings. Even though I wouldn't piss up their ass if their guts were on fire while in civilian clothes, if we were both in uniform, I still showed respect for their rank and the institution that is the U.S. Navy, and would render the necessary honors. If I was still active duty and Trump passed by, I would salute if in uniform, because I have respect for the office of the presidency, even if I have zero use for Trump.

One of those officers I despised was a CDR, and I saw him one night out in town after he had transferred off the ship. He came up to me and my date, trying to make small talk and act friendly, but I politely informed him "Sir, you are no longer in my chain of command, and I am currently on liberty, so keep on going, as I have nothing to say to you". But, if he had been in uniform, I would have saluted, said I had someplace else to be and left. I would still render honors when in uniform.

You sound like you are, perhaps, a better person than I am. I remember, as a child and a teenager, being directed in church to say the Apostles' Creed. There were things in it that I could not say, and I refused to recite those parts. I have always refused to allow anything to cross my lips that does not reflect my heart and my belief. To me, this is phony.

I understand that you were involved in a situation of being in the military. This is why I avoided the military, and actually it was my aunt who wanted the draft to continue so that the military would contain a mix of Americans, many of whom did not want to be in the military. She warned me against an all-volunteer military. She said that it was people like me who kept the military honest.

It's so f'ing cheesy to say to you "thank you for your service," but I understand what you went through. I simply did not wish to go there myself.

Came out today that Trump had a doctor friend falsified a claim of bone spurs to get out of military service

Yet, they still love him
It’s all about money......lots of it.
At least Trump might have the military on his side in the coming civil war. If he keeps the cach flowing.

I think Trump will be all alone in the Civil War

Came out today that Trump had a doctor friend falsified a claim of bone spurs to get out of military service

Yet, they still love him

an unverified claim from the doctors daughters.

On an unverified claim from Donald J Trump where he couldn’t even remember which heel gave him the pain

On a credibility scale, I give the daughters claim an 8
I give Trumps claim a 2

Yet, they still love him

On an unverified claim from Donald J Trump where he couldn’t even remember which heel gave him the pain

I give Trumps claim a 2
I give the girls a 0, for hearsay evidence.

Trump a 2.

Because, unlike HOwling HOwie, he didn't take a very physical vacation after he got his deferment

Yet, they still love him

I give Trumps claim a 2

Trump a 2.

Because, unlike HOwling HOwie, he didn't take a very physical vacation after he got his deferment

Nothing wrong with hearsay when it turns out the father did in fact write Trumps deferment diagnosis and Fred Trump did provide rental concessions.

Yet, they still love him

I give Trumps claim a 2

Trump a 2.

Nothing wrong with hearsay when it turns out the father did in fact write Trumps deferment diagnosis and Fred Trump did provide rental concessions.

turns out the father did in fact write Trumps deferment diagnosis
that is a fact

Fred Trump did provide rental concessions.
that is an unproven fact

I think most Military personnel lean towards the GOP, I heard it from many....that republicans love wars and that's when the soldiers make more money. They hated Obama because he slush the funding, bonuses, deployments and so forth. Although I am anti Trump, but they will hate him even more for pulling out of Syria and Afghanistan.
If it was up to me I would slash the defense spending by 70%.

Forum List

Back