Why do people hate Liberals?

I really don't care what gutter they throw you in at night.
Captain Jacks is far from a gutter.

The last time I went there, dinner for 2 cost me $174.

Got mugged climbing out of the dumpster? That's a shame, and on gub'ment check day too!
Bah... The last one was unexpected... You actually tied it into the conversation and did it with a little flair of using words back against the guy... Now it's back to being stupid again. My god don't be predictable about it.

Got mugged climbing out of the dumpster? That's a shame, and on gub'ment check day too!
I haven't received my check yet. Since they won't talk to anyone on the phone, I gotta go down there on Monday and find out what's going on. Rents due in a week and I don't want to go out and do some last minute pole dancing just to keep my landlord at bay.

Only slightly better than Unkotare. Pole dancing always gets a very slight plus.

The one thing about this board that most baffles me is the incredible depth of hatred and contempt for liberals.

The amount of comments from people suggesting all liberals are stupid, anti-patriotic, dumb...you name it. One even suggested liberals don't know what paragraphs are.

I don't get it. And I don't see anything the like the contempt expressed by liberals towards conservatives.
Firstly, the term "liberal" could be used to describe about half of the planet. Like "leftist", it's a fairly cliched catch-all adjective that have little real meaning. It's just too general to be much use.

Secondly, I've met extremely intelligent people from right across the political spectrum - and as many idiots. I've talked to brilliant facists, idiotic conservatives, intelligent communists and brain-dead centrists. I don't see a pattern there at all.

And lastly, why hate liberals when many of the most successful and celebrated administrations have been liberal ones? Were the governments if Clinton, Wilson, FDR, JFK and Truman really so much worse than conservative governments of similar eras?

The constant attacks on liberals seems to me (as an outsider) just a sign of incredible arrogance and conceit - and I would consider attacks on conservatives the same way.

If there is a REAL reason, with facts, for hating liberals - let's hear about it.

Are you frigging blind? Or maybe you don't read people like TDM, rdean, chris, luddley.nuddite etc. etc. etc.

BTW: its not liberals that I don't like, it is arrogant people and so many (not all or most) liberals are just plain arrogant thinking they know what is better for everyone else and yes, there are plenty of arrogant conservatives as well.

Immie

Captain Jacks is far from a gutter.

The last time I went there, dinner for 2 cost me $174.

Bah... The last one was unexpected... You actually tied it into the conversation and did it with a little flair of using words back against the guy... Now it's back to being stupid again. My god don't be predictable about it.

You're just being picky. The contrast between expensive dining and dumpster diving? Gold! Pure gold! The mugging bit was necessary to address the $174. And it all ties into the 'pathetic drunk at a bar issuing threats' theme that he himself established. All tied nicely together, if I do say so. And it's slightly hurtful without being too mean-spirited. You need to sharpen up your analysis.

Last edited:
Are you frigging blind? Or maybe you don't read people like TDM, rdean, chris, luddley.nuddite etc. etc. etc.

BTW: its not liberals that I don't like, it is arrogant people and so many (not all or most) liberals are just plain arrogant thinking they know what is better for everyone else and yes, there are plenty of arrogant conservatives as well.

Immie
I'm not arrogant!

I'm a kind, sensitive person, who cares about the feelings of others, you asshole!

You're just being picky. The contrast between expensive dining and dumpster diving? Gold! Pure gold! The mugging bit was necessary to address the $174. And it all ties into the 'pathetic drunk at a bar issuing threats' theme that he himself established. All tied nicely together, if I do say so. And it's slightly hurtful without being too mean-spirited. You need to sharpen up your analysis.
I have not threatened anyone.

I never said what would happen if we met face-to-face.

Immie
I'm not arrogant!

I'm a kind, sensitive person, who cares about the feelings of others, you asshole!

Did I include your name in there? Did I call you arrogant? Have I ever said I didn't like you? Nope... asshole! ;)

Immie

I have not threatened anyone.

I never said what would happen if we met face-to-face.

I would imagine that just being forced to stand within the sphere of your funk after yet another Happy Hour constitutes a threat to hygiene and aesthetic well-being.

You're just being picky. The contrast between expensive dining and dumpster diving? Gold! Pure gold! The mugging bit was necessary to address the $174. And it all ties into the 'pathetic drunk at a bar issuing threats' theme that he himself established. All tied nicely together, if I do say so.
But I saw that coming... You know... Just wasn't unexpected. I don't know... it's like an ongoing joke gone on two long rather than a joke you tell... And then you fit it in two or three times during the show... You know?

And it's slightly hurtful without being too mean-spirited. You need to sharpen up your analysis.
How was the above?

It sounds like you're looking for absurdism, but that gets boring very quickly.

The one thing about this board that most baffles me is the incredible depth of hatred and contempt for liberals.

The amount of comments from people suggesting all liberals are stupid, anti-patriotic, dumb...you name it. One even suggested liberals don't know what paragraphs are.

I don't get it. And I don't see anything the like the contempt expressed by liberals towards conservatives.

Firstly, the term "liberal" could be used to describe about half of the planet. Like "leftist", it's a fairly cliched catch-all adjective that have little real meaning. It's just too general to be much use.

Secondly, I've met extremely intelligent people from right across the political spectrum - and as many idiots. I've talked to brilliant facists, idiotic conservatives, intelligent communists and brain-dead centrists. I don't see a pattern there at all.

And lastly, why hate liberals when many of the most successful and celebrated administrations have been liberal ones? Were the governments if Clinton, Wilson, FDR, JFK and Truman really so much worse than conservative governments of similar eras?

The constant attacks on liberals seems to me (as an outsider) just a sign of incredible arrogance and conceit - and I would consider attacks on conservatives the same way.

If there is a REAL reason, with facts, for hating liberals - let's hear about it.
I think you will find the answer if you search your soul (assuming you believe you have one).Moderates and conservatives (leaving out Right Wing Nuts who are crazy) don't like liberals because the talk the talk and don't walk the walk. Of all of the liberals I have read here their altruism stops at the border. There biggest means of dealing with an issue is to throw money at it without giving a thought to, "will it work?" And when it doesn't work their answer is, "throw some more money at it." Liberals support unions which have sucked some American Corporations dry, then complain because the corporation moves off shore because of high costs. Liberals believe that big government is the answer to everything, that the 10th amendment of the constitution means nothing and the 2nd Amendment is wrong, and that the 1st amendment means "freedom from religion."That is just for starters but I'm getting tired. Maybe later.

Speaking of Saigon, do you remember Cong Ly Street? Troung Minh Ghyn? (sp) I spent many a Sunday dinner at the Hasty Tasty Indian Restaurant on Cong Ly about half way from Tan Son Nhut and the river.

Last edited:
It sounds like you're looking for absurdism, but that gets boring very quickly.
No man... I'm looking for some wit. But I admit... This conversation is getting boring too... So... I said my piece.

I don't want to get into detail because then I would be accused of being hateful toward cons. But while liberals view the world with shades of gray, conservatives view the world as black vs white,us vs them,good vs evil.

That pretty much covers it. I wish the world was that simple.

It sure would make things easier.

I don't want to get into detail because then I would be accused of being hateful toward cons. But while liberals view the world with shades of gray, conservatives view the world as black vs white,us vs them,good vs evil.

That pretty much covers it. I wish the world was that simple.

It sure would make things easier.

The world is simple to simpletons like Truthavoider there. It's not the real world, but...

You could have done better than that avoiding answering my question, AND asking one instead.

i did think i needed to answer your question if i agree with you

Seeing as you're so good at not answering questions

since your new here and dont know anything about anyone ill let that go by....

name a "rich fucking asshole" who funds only the left?

Soros

I'd bet my bottom dollar if he/she funds the left he/she is not an asshole,

probably because you agree with their Politics....duh....

fucking assholes who do fund only the right AND expect a great deal in return.

and if you dont think those who fund the Left dont want anything in return...then they have done their job on you.....

The wealthy who fund the left know they are not going to get anything in return which is why corporate money tends to be lopsided toward the right/wrong side. Those who fund the left imo show a concern for those who's voice is drowned out by the money AND try and counter it with money.

and you fell for this?.....are you that stupid?....

All you have is one!?!:clap2: Wow that ONE guy ought to be able to outspend any and all of those rich fucking con assholes. Nice try but no cigar!

Alright smart guy, what makes Soros an asshole?
What do you think Soros will get in return for his investment?

For the businesses and employees that get the 400mil in business revenue and the taxes they pay...yes indeed.

I tend to look at the broad/big picture. You know, like the facts that a relative few rich fucking assholes are trying to BUY this election and are funding only one side - the con side. Which makes it easy to assume that they expect something in return for their investments. What do you think that might be?

what about the rich fucking assholes who fund only the Liberal side?....dont you think they want something in return?......what do you think it might be?.....the trouble with many people here is they think the real rich Democrats are different than the real rich Conservatives.....when push comes to shove...see who they side with....the people or themselves.....rich people will side with other rich people because they have something in common.....its called Money.....

I agree with the "money" portion and that's all. I see, hear, read of no evidence that rich con vs rich libs are similar except in the $ category and which side they support.

As well, I've yet to see, read, hear and/or evidence on exactly how the con's in general will go to bat for the working joe/jane. If you're trying to sell that bs, you best try with someone else cause I aint buying your knee deep bs.

Forum List

Back