Why do so many Goppers oppose Gay Marriage ?

Nope. When you say ā€œtheā€ government, you need to be more precise? Which government? The Feds? No dice. They canā€™t obtain jurisdiction by bootstrapping.

The respective states? Maybe. If a state does bestow certain benefits to married couples, but the definition of married couples requires one man and one woman, how does that deny anybody equal protection? Answer: it doesnā€™t.
And here we see the aforementioned identical argument used by bigots of the past to deny interracial marriage.

So see how this sounds to you, using your words with one modification:

"If a state does bestow certain benefits to married couples, but the definition of married couples requires one man and one woman of the same race, how does that deny anybody equal protection? Answer: it doesnā€™t."

And I will repeat for the umpteenth time, the "equal protection of the laws" provision of the 14th Amendment.
Nope. Empty words absent a clear explanation of how equal protection is being denied. You canā€™t deny a white man the right to marry a black woman because thatā€™s explicitly prohibited racial discrimination by the state. So far, so good.

But your claim is that you canā€™t deny two men the right to marry because ā€¦ ?

Itā€™s not race. It may be discrimination. But if itā€™s not discrimination based on race, what Constitutional prohibition is violated?

"it's not raining here, so it's not raining anywhere" kind of argument.

Loads of Republicans oppose gay marriage.

Most Republican legislators in DC oppose gay marriage, for a start.
But most congressmen do not oppose gay marriage. In the Senate there are 5 republicans that said they will vote for the bill to protect gay marriage and 8 that said they would not. The remainder have not responded or said they were undecided.. It's expected that the bill will pass with 60 votes or more. Apparently, republican law makers are beginning to pay attention to the their constituents. In a recent Gallup poll for the first time, 55% of republicans said gay marriage should be recognized by law as valid. Overall 70% of Americans believed gay marriage should be cognized by law as valid.

Discrimination is discrimination.
Wrong again, taint .

You and I may agree that it is wrong to discriminate based on gender identity. But that doesnā€™t make it a Constitutionally illegal form of discrimination. By contrast: If we agree that it is wrong to discriminate based on race, now we can point to a specific Constitutionally-prohibited type of discrimination.

Nope. Empty words absent a clear explanation of how equal protection is being denied. You canā€™t deny a white man the right to marry a black woman because thatā€™s explicitly prohibited racial discrimination by the state. So far, so good.

But your claim is that you canā€™t deny two men the right to marry because ā€¦ ?

Itā€™s not race. It may be discrimination. But if itā€™s not discrimination based on race, what Constitutional prohibition is violated?
Have you not been reading my posts?

A state cannot decide what the definition of marriage is and then use that definition to deny equal protection of the laws.

Racists already tried that trick and got bitch-slapped by the Supremes.

The same goes for gay marriage.

Unless a state can provide a RATIONAL reason for denying a marriage, they cannot ban it or fail to provide it equal protection of the laws.

What part of this are you not getting? Do you need me to use smaller words?

This seems a very unconservative stance. It is more akin to an authoritariaan stance. I understan that 150 gops voted against protecting Gay marriage. The same number voted against rotecting inter racial marriage.

What sort of country would America become if these rights were over turned by your crazy Supreme Court.

Why do so many Goppers oppose Gay Marriage ?​

The thought of you in a big flouncy wedding dress.

Have you not been reading my posts?

Yes. And noting your many errors.
A state cannot decide what the definition of marriage is and then use that definition to deny equal protection of the laws.

According to you. Otherwise, the actual question is: other than your own say so, what support do you have for your claim?

Canā€™t you picture it hopping down the aisle?

1658426321930.png

Yes. And noting your many errors.

According to you. Otherwise, the actual question is: other than your own say so, what support do you have for your claim?
I have the support of prior Supreme court decisions which I have already cited.

So you are NOT reading my posts.

That doesn't even come close to being a response to my question.

The proper way to respond to a question is with an actual response, not with a question about some unrelated nonsense...
My response is, MANY groups would be offended if people bastardized THEIR beliefs or ceremonies. You would probably agree with them too, but you are a hypocrite when it comes to this because you arent capable of looking beyond your bias for people on the right.

Hypocrisy requires tremendous stupidity. Fools cant see it.

What are you arrogant bastards. Why don't you ask why these faggots voted for fag marriage in the first place? 20 years ago GOP even crushed feminism. 40 years ago there was no gender equality in the USA Are you not happy with the amount of cum you got from the "conservative party" faggots?

My response is, MANY groups would be offended if people bastardized THEIR beliefs or ceremonies.

That's nothing without an explanation as to how someone would be adversely affected.

I'm pretty well versed in the Constitution and, the last time I read it, there was nothing contained therein which said you have a right to not be offended...

It's simply unthinkable that the American nation would tolerate this mockery. Even under Bush Jr. only 12 years ago, America was a respected Great country and everyone was afraid to raise their voice at US. Now Americans tolerate being trampled into shit. What happened to them?
Trumpsters just took off their pants, shit on America and wiped their asses with their voters

If anyone here still has brains left, I ask again: if the 14th amendment protects the rights of faggots, which are not written anywhere, then why does it not protect the rights of those who, for example, teach children to eat shit? Is it illegal anywhere in US law to teach kids to eat shit? Isn't teaching kids to eat shit the same kind of "freedom" as the right to fuck in the ass? Or the freedom of the cooks to urinate in the soup of the customers. It is forbidden?

Does the Supreme Court understand the difference between well-defined inalienable constitutional freedoms and those "freedoms" of assholes that just don't have enough paper?

It's fucking easy to understand, are you idiots?

I have the support of prior Supreme court decisions which I have already cited.

So you are NOT reading my posts.
You are citing a case that has no precedential value. As I told you already (pay attention), it is by having read your posts that I have been able to point out your errors.

No need to thank me. Thank me very much.

Last edited:
That's nothing without an explanation as to how someone would be adversely affected.

I'm pretty well versed in the Constitution and, the last time I read it, there was nothing contained therein which said you have a right to not be offended...
Is there anything in the constitution that says gays should be allowed to marry each other? What stupid point. :cuckoo:

Is there anything in the constitution that says gays should be allowed to marry each other? What stupid point. :cuckoo:

There's also nothing which addresses the right of heterosexuals to marry, so your argument, well, fails...

There's also nothing which addresses the right of heterosexuals to marry, so your argument, well, fails...
Exactly, so i dont know why you even mentioned the constitution in the first place. Ive noticed that you say a lot of dumb things. Everyone seems to have noticed in fact.

Forum List

Back