Why do so many people deny climate change

Been done. The ARGO floats dip down to 2000m.

Did your cult leaders not inform you of that? Of course they didn't.

As Bri and Todd have been working so hard to show, people deny because their cult tells them to. Only a cultist could get as bitter and obsessive and cranky as the denialists here do. They'll run out of steam soon, go off on a week-long bender, and so a new crank will step up to be the obsessive one. It's like the denialist circle of life.

That is awesome.
So what was the huge increase in temperature that they measured?

Why do you think that they measured temperature?

You said, "the current status being warmer deep ocean temperatures"

http://www.usmessageboard.com/envir...eople-deny-climate-change-53.html#post7867115

Were you lying?

If you want to take the oceans temperature, first build a very long thermometer.

You should do that.

As Bri and Todd have been working so hard to show, people deny because their cult tells them to. Only a cultist could get as bitter and obsessive and cranky as the denialists here do. They'll run out of steam soon, go off on a week-long bender, and so a new crank will step up to be the obsessive one. It's like the denialist circle of life.

The ARGO floats have only been in place since 2007. How does a 5 year temperature record show the oceans have been absorbing the excess warming for the last 15 years?

Proxies.

They are nothing but political. Their choice. Our job is merely to keep them from mucking up the science. Their job is to keep us from mucking up their politics.

I, personally, am committed to exposing their politics to the light of day so that others can choose.

Our job?

By all means tell us who you are.

I'm a liberal. That means that I take responsibility for things that concern me and my family and all my communities.

I don't think that you'd understand.

Last edited:
They don't call these idiots "deniers" for nothing!

If warming stopped in 1998 then the decade that followed 1998 could not be the warmest in the history of direct instrument measurement, which even FOX admits!

Yes it could. I can draw you a picture to show you, but I have no idea how to make it appear in a post.

The people who work for FOX are journalists. They aren't scientists, so what they claim doesn't really matter. Furthermore, I don't believe I've ever witnessed anyone on FOX stating what you claim.
The perpetual dumb act again.

The link I provided is to FOX!

It's not an act.

It all boils down to this. Who knows more about climate and weather. Climate scientists or conservative politicians.

That’s pretty easy.

Who is more likely to create solution scenarios.

That’s pretty easy too.

Who's more likely to be objective. Those who are paid for their scientific work or those who are paid to maintain the status quo.

Pretty easy choice.

The ARGO floats have only been in place since 2007. How does a 5 year temperature record show the oceans have been absorbing the excess warming for the last 15 years?

Proxies.

Trenberth doesn't mention proxies, so your claim is bullshit on its face. the fact is he has no evidence to support his claim. It's pure moonshine.

It all boils down to this. Who knows more about climate and weather. Climate scientists or conservative politicians.

That’s pretty easy.

That’s pretty easy too.

Who's more likely to be objective. Those who are paid for their scientific work or those who are paid to maintain the status quo.

Pretty easy choice.

Appeal to authority. Either you have evidence, or you don't. Claiming that the AGW magicians have some kind of special knowledge that us mere mortals couldn't hope to comprehend is the work of a con man.

You said, "the current status being warmer deep ocean temperatures"

http://www.usmessageboard.com/envir...eople-deny-climate-change-53.html#post7867115

Were you lying?

Temperatures are imputed from other data. Didn't you read what I posted?

What were the old and new imputed temperatures?

THey have no ARGO temperatures older than 2007, and all their other sources are so thin they aren't worth mentioning. Sensors attached to elephant seals? Yeah, I'll bet that covers a huge percentage of the ocean.

If warming stopped in 1998 then the decade that followed 1998 could not be the warmest in the history of direct instrument measurement, which even FOX admits!

Yes it could. I can draw you a picture to show you, but I have no idea how to make it appear in a post.

The people who work for FOX are journalists. They aren't scientists, so what they claim doesn't really matter. Furthermore, I don't believe I've ever witnessed anyone on FOX stating what you claim.

Then you'll have no trouble producing a quote of FOX personnel saying what you claim.

Or here?

[Q:] I know this kind of extreme weather is part of the territory in the middle of the country, but is climate change going to make such extreme weather more likely or more powerful?

[A: Trenberth] Of course, tornadoes are very much a weather phenomenon. They come from certain thunderstorms, usually supercell thunderstorms that are in a wind shear environment that promotes rotation. That environment is most common in spring across the U.S. when the storm track is just the right distance from the Gulf [of Mexico] and other sources of moisture.

The main climate change connection is via the basic instability of the low-level air that creates the convection and thunderstorms in the first place. Warmer and moister conditions are the key for unstable air. The oceans are warmer because of climate change.

The climate change effect is probably only a 5 to 10 percent effect in terms of the instability and subsequent rainfall, but it translates into up to a 33 percent effect in terms of damage. (It is highly nonlinear, for 10 percent it is 1.1 to the power of three = 1.33.) So there is a chain of events, and climate change mainly affects the first link: the basic buoyancy of the air is increased. Whether that translates into a supercell storm and one with a tornado is largely chance weather.

What about it? None of those claims are proven.

Patrick's mechanic explains to him how cars work and what is wrong with his. He replies, "What about it? None of those claims are proven.

That’s pretty easy.

That’s pretty easy too.

Pretty easy choice.

Does this mean you were lying about imputed temperatures?

Frankly, I'm shocked. Someone with your science background spreading lies.
Are you Michael Mann? Don't sue me.
Love your Nobel Prize.

That FOX News article simply quoted what some tool at the UN weather agency said, moron.

It's not an act.

ROFL! When you aren't spewing logical fallacies, you're spewing ad hominems.

You're hardly in a position to be calling any of your critics "stupid."

Or here?

[Q:] I know this kind of extreme weather is part of the territory in the middle of the country, but is climate change going to make such extreme weather more likely or more powerful?

[A: Trenberth] Of course, tornadoes are very much a weather phenomenon. They come from certain thunderstorms, usually supercell thunderstorms that are in a wind shear environment that promotes rotation. That environment is most common in spring across the U.S. when the storm track is just the right distance from the Gulf [of Mexico] and other sources of moisture.

The main climate change connection is via the basic instability of the low-level air that creates the convection and thunderstorms in the first place. Warmer and moister conditions are the key for unstable air. The oceans are warmer because of climate change.

The climate change effect is probably only a 5 to 10 percent effect in terms of the instability and subsequent rainfall, but it translates into up to a 33 percent effect in terms of damage. (It is highly nonlinear, for 10 percent it is 1.1 to the power of three = 1.33.) So there is a chain of events, and climate change mainly affects the first link: the basic buoyancy of the air is increased. Whether that translates into a supercell storm and one with a tornado is largely chance weather.

What about it? None of those claims are proven.

Patrick's mechanic explains to him how cars work and what is wrong with his. He replies, "What about it? None of those claims are proven.

Trenberth doesn't know how the climate works, moron. Equating his knowledge of climate with a mechanics knowledge of the workings of a car is begging the question. neither you nor any other AGW nitwit has demonstrated that anything he says is true.

Proxies.

Trenberth doesn't mention proxies, so your claim is bullshit on its face. the fact is he has no evidence to support his claim. It's pure moonshine.

If only you were right. Unfortunately, you're just plain wrong about most everything. Too bad.

If only you were right. Unfortunately, you're just plain wrong about most everything. Too bad.

Of course, you have absolutely no evidence to prove I am wrong. That is so typical for you. We are just supposed to believe the all-knowing mighty Trenberth knows because he's a "climate scientist."

Excuse my while a wretch.

Forum List

Back