Why do the Catholics

guno

Gold Member
Mar 18, 2014
Swing incense around on their churches stage during their ceremony? I know it has been around, starting with the Egyptians in their religious ceremony to their gods in 2500 BCE

Swing incense around on their churches stage during their ceremony? I know it has been around, starting with the Egyptians in their religious ceremony to their gods in 2500 BCE
Probably the same reason Episcopalians do.

and it smells horrible too...

and, why?
Probably the same reason Jews do.
No, during the services on the Sabbath at the synagogues no incense being swung around by guys in gowns , nor do we have a stage , now can you tell me why you do it?

It is a beautiful ceremony. I get that the scent can be overpowering, but I think it smells lovely.

and, why?
No, during the services on the Sabbath at the synagogues no incense being swung around by guys in gowns , nor do we have a stage , now can you tell me why you do it?
Catholics don't have a stage. They have an altar. It is only used on special occasions. I think in synagogue there is only one ceremony that still uses incense.

It is a beautiful ceremony. I get that the scent can be overpowering, but I think it smells lovely.
Me, too. It's really the only thing I miss about church. Well, and midnight mass.

• Thanks
Reactions: mdk
While we are at it, whats up with the ringing of bells and the bowing to their alter on the stage? why do they march in carrying a long stick with a cross on it and then bow to the alter?

In Israelitish Cult.

It might be inferred from the foregoing, as a matter of course, that incense was also used in the cult of Israel. The offering of incense is not, however, mentioned till a comparatively late date in the Old Testament. Occupying a prominent position in the sacrificial legislation of the middle Pentateuch, this sacrifice is mentioned seldom, if at all, in the historic and prophetic books. This is all the more remarkable since the Israelites must from early times have been acquainted with the ingredients themselves, the fragrant gums, etc. The caravans that carried the spices of Syria to the Egyptian markets went by way of Palestine (Gen. xxxvii. 25); and the spices of southern Arabia were brought by Solomon to Jerusalem (I Kings x. 10 et seq.). Nevertheless no trace can be found in Hebrew literature of the offering of incense in the time of the early kingdom; nor is it represented as a regular and especially important part of worship, as it became in later times. Although the noun "ḳeṭoret" and the verb "ḳaṭar" ("kiṭṭer," "hiḳṭir") occur, they do not designate incense burnt on the altar and its offering, as in the sacrificial legislation. "Ḳeṭoret" is rather a general term for the burning sacrifice and the sacrificial odor; and in the same way "ḳaṭar" is used as an entirely general term for the burning of any gift on the altar (comp. Amos iv. 5; Hosea iv. 13, xi. 2).

This can not be accidental; for there is likewise no mention of the offering of incense in those passages where it might be expected. The Prophets refer more than once to the vain endeavors of the people to gain Yhwh's favor. They enumerate all the things that the people are doing, and all the gifts they offer, including even their own children; but nowhere is there an allusion to the holy sacrifice of incense (comp. Amos iv. 4 et seq., v. 21 et seq.; Isa. i. 11 et seq.; Micah vi. 6 et seq.). Jeremiah is the first to say, in such an enumeration, "To what purpose cometh there to me incense from Sheba and the sweet cane from a far country?" (Jer. vi. 20; comp. ib. xli. 5). It is clearly evident that the offering of incense is here still considered as something rare and precious, because the material of the incense comes from a far country and is valuable. Similarly, Isaiah says (xliii. 23 et seq.), "I have not caused thee to serve with an offering, nor wearied thee with incense." From this time onward, however, the offering of incense is mentioned much more frequently, and especially often in Chronicles. In view of these facts it may be assumed that the incense-offering was not frequent in the time of the Earlier Prophets, becoming more popular only in the time of Jeremiah, and that it did not become important as the most holy of offerings until the post-exilic period.

and, why?
Catholics don't have a stage. They have an altar. It is only used on special occasions. I think in synagogue there is only one ceremony that still uses incense.
nope

Me, too. It's really the only thing I miss about church. Well, and midnight mass.

If my parents ask I usually attend out of respect. I may not be a practicing Catholic today, but I have a deep love and respect for the church. They played a major role in shaping the delightful person you are presentably communicating with. lol

Two of the three gifts to baby Jesus were used for incense: frankincense and myrrh. So I'm guessing Jews did use it quite a bit. Native Americans still 'wash' with smoke to cleanse themselves spiritually.

Sun Worship (Baal Worship

Doctrines of Lucifer Sun Worship - Doctrines of THE CATHOLIC CHURCH
1. The nativity of the Sun, the birth of Tammuz Dec. 25

The nativity of Jesus, or "Christmas" is held on December 25

2. The Midsummer festival of the Sun Worship was held on June 24 of each year

The Nativity of St. John is held every year on June 24

3. The assumption of Semiramus who became the mother godess of all Sun Worship

The assumption of Mary, who became the mother of God to all Catholics

4. The mother goddess was given the title, and worshipped as the Queen of Heaven. Jer. 7:18

The Virgin Mary is given the title, and worshipped as the Queen of Heaven by all Catholics.

4.a "Queen of Heaven" is wrath subduer of the Sun worship god

Mary, "Queen of Heaven" subdues the wrath of Christ and His Father against sinners.

5. Cakes decorated to the goddess with a "+" drawn on it. Jer. 44:17,19

Hot cross buns are backed for Mary in most Roman Catholic churches

6. 40 days fasting before Easter for Tammuz, Ezek. 8:14

Catholics fast 40 days (Lent) before Easter

7. Sexual festival of Easter. Ezek 8:16

The Roman Catholic church initiated the sexual festival of Easter first in Christiandom

7a. Gathering at sunrise for worship Catholic church stated Easter sunrise services first in Christiandom
8. The resurrection of Tammuz on Easter, and the procession of graven images during Easter holy week

All Roman Catholic churches parade partake in processions of graven images of Jesus, Mary, and Peter, and of the saints during Easter week

9. Veneration of graven images of Baal, Ishtar, Tammuz and lesser gods in the heavens

All Roman Catholic churches venerate graven images of Jesus, Mary, Peter, and of the "lesser" saints in the heavens

10. The belief of the constant immortality of the soul, and burning place of eternal torment

Rome teaches the belief of immortality of the soul and a burning place of eternal torment

11. Sun Worship believed in the doctrine of purgatory

Rome teaches the doctrine of purgatory

12. The belief of the dead visiting the living on a certain day each year. A feast is then held for all the dead on first day of November. (Called all souls day)

Rome teaches they must hold a festival for the dead on all souls day held Nov. 2, and all saints day held Nov. 1 of each year

13. Burning incense and candles Jer 11:17; Ezek 8:11

Rome, as well as every Satanic church burns incense and candles in their "masses"

14. Chants and repetitive prayers. Beaded prayer chains.

Rome as well as Satanists use chants and the beaded prayer chains. (Rome calls the chant "Gregorian chant" and the beaded chained "Rosary"

Last edited:

Forum List

Back