Why do the Catholics

It is a beautiful ceremony. I get that the scent can be overpowering, but I think it smells lovely.
Me, too. It's really the only thing I miss about church. Well, and midnight mass.

If my parents ask I usually attend out of respect. I may not be a practicing Catholic today, but I have a deep love and respect for the church. They played a major role in shaping the delightful person you are presentably communicating with. lol
Same here! I went last Xmas with my mother. The roof did NOT cave in.

No anti-Catholic thread is complete without Jeremiah. :lol:

It is a beautiful ceremony. I get that the scent can be overpowering, but I think it smells lovely.
Me, too. It's really the only thing I miss about church. Well, and midnight mass.

If my parents ask I usually attend out of respect. I may not be a practicing Catholic today, but I have a deep love and respect for the church. They played a major role in shaping the delightful person you are presentably communicating with. lol
Same here! I went last Xmas with my mother. The roof did NOT cave in.

I was gobsmacked my hooves didn't start to smoke when I clomped onto the grounds. lol

Gawd Guano is stupid and really should learn to use Google...

Incense offering - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Prophets refer more than once to the vain endeavors of the people to gain Yhwh's favor. They enumerate all the things that the people are doing, and all the gifts they offer, including even their own children; but nowhere is there an allusion to the holy sacrifice of incense (comp. Amos iv. 4 et seq., v. 21 et seq.; Isa. i. 11 et seq.; Micah vi. 6 et seq.).

Sun Worship (Baal Worship
86eb6af5331c8d43f522fe7b7e3fb6d8.jpg

"The loons! The loons! They're welcoming us back.”

Guno is an intelligent Jewish man. He knows his own faith. It is time for you to learn the truth about your own, Irish. Catholicism is not about the worship of the One True God of Israel. It's Baal worship and anyone involved in it cannot enter the kingdom of heaven. My prayer is that you and all other Catholics will wake up and flee from it.

Two Occult Powers United For Final World Control

Had it not been for the wife of Constantine the Great, Christianity would only be a footnote in the backwater of History.

It's a symbol of prayer of the faithful rising to Heaven....it got it's roots from Judaism.
No, it didn't.
Why Is Incense Used During Mass by Father William Saunders
Why do priests use incense at Mass? Where does it come from?

The use of incense in the ancient world was common, especially in religious rites where it was used to keep demons away. Herodotus, the Greek historian, recorded that it was popular among the Assyrians, Babylonians and Egyptians. In Judaism, incense was included in the thanksgiving offerings of oil, rain, fruits, wine (cf. Numbers 7:13-17). The Lord instructed Moses to build a golden altar for the burning of incense (cf. Exodus 30:1-10), which was placed in front of the veil to the entrance of the meeting tent where the ark of the covenant was kept.

We do not know exactly when the use of incense was introduced into our Mass or other liturgical rites. At the time of the early Church, the Jews continued to use incense in their own Temple rituals, so it would be safe to conclude that the Christians would have adapted its usage for their own rituals.

In the liturgies of Ss. James and Mark, which in their present form originate in the fifth century, the use of incense is mentioned. A Roman Ritual of the seventh century marks it usage in the procession of a Bishop to the altar and on Good Friday. Moreover, in the Mass, an incensation at the Gospel appears very early; at the offertory, in the 11th century; and at the Introit, in the 12th century. Incense was also used at the Benedictus and Magnificat during Lauds and Vespers about the 13th century, and for the exposition and benediction of the Blessed Sacrament about the 14th century. Gradually, its usage was extended to the incensing of the celebrant and assisting clergy.

The purpose of incensing and the symbolic value of the smoke is that of purification and sanctification. For example, in the Eastern Rites at the beginning of Mass, the altar and sanctuary area were incensed while Psalm 50, the "Miserere," was chanted invoking the mercy of God. The smoke symbolizes the prayers of the faithful drifting up to heaven: the Psalmist prays, "Let my prayer come like incense before you; the lifting up of my hands, like the evening sacrifice" (Psalm 141). Incense also creates the ambiance of heaven: The Book of Revelation describes the heavenly worship as follows: "Another angel came in holding a censer of gold. He took his place at the altar of incense and was given large amounts of incense to deposit on the altar of gold in front of the throne, together with the prayers of all God's holy ones. From the angel's hand, the smoke of the incense went up before God, and with it the prayers of God's people."
In the General Instruction of the Roman Missal incense may be used during the entrance procession; at the beginning of Mass, to incense the altar; at the procession and proclamation of the Gospel; at the offertory, to incense the offerings, altar, priest and people; and at the elevation of the Sacred Host and chalice of Precious Blood after the consecration. The priest may also incense the Crucifix and the Paschal Candle. During funeral Masses, the priest at the final commendation may incense the coffin, both as a sign of honor to the body of the deceased which became the temple of the Holy Spirit at Baptism and as a sign of the faithful’s prayers for the deceased rising to God.

The usage of incense adds a sense of solemnity and mystery to the Mass. The visual imagery of the smoke and the smell remind us of the transcendence of the Mass which links heaven with earth, and allow us to enter into the presence of God.

Guno is an intelligent Jewish man. He knows his own faith. It is time for you to learn the truth about your own, Irish. Catholicism is not about the worship of the One True God of Israel. It's Baal worship and anyone involved in it cannot enter the kingdom of heaven. My prayer is that you and all other Catholics will wake up and flee from it.

Wow. I read through this site. Frankly, it is pretty unhinged.

Anyway.

Jesus gave the keys of the kingdom to Peter, the rock, to create His church. Catholics didn't create the Pope and the Church, Jesus did.

Yep. Catholics have a great deal of respect for the apostles ( you know, Peter and those other guys, who knew and were taught by Jesus?). Baal was not one of the apostles.

Anyway.

Jesus gave the keys of the kingdom to Peter, the rock, to create His church. Catholics didn't create the Pope and the Church, Jesus did.

Yep. Catholics have a great deal of respect for the apostles ( you know, Peter and those other guys, who knew and were taught by Jesus?). Baal was not one of the apostles.

Probably why many Catholic Churches are named after the apostles

Anyway.

Indeed. And there are no Catholic Churches named after Baal.

Anyway.

The Catholics must have great respect for the apostles...they made them Saints....just saying

Anyway.

That site had me roaring with laughter. I would have read further but nuttiness of that magnitude requires an EpiPen. lol

Swing incense around on their churches stage during their ceremony? I know it has been around, starting with the Egyptians in their religious ceremony to their gods in 2500 BCE
Probably the same reason Episcopalians do.

Episcopalians are Anglicans who are catholics who supported the beheading of
anne boleyn (spelling?) and the dumping of Catherine ---why give up the incense?

Anyway.

The Catholics must have great respect for the apostles...they made them Saints....just saying

the eastern orthodox even made PONTIUS PILATE a saint------no accounting for TASTES IN SAINTS. Some of those guys never met Jesus---like LUKE----greek doctor------so said Taylor Caldwell-----my history teacher

Swing incense around on their churches stage during their ceremony? I know it has been around, starting with the Egyptians in their religious ceremony to their gods in 2500 BCE
Sun Worship (Baal Worship

Doctrines of Lucifer Sun Worship - Doctrines of THE CATHOLIC CHURCH
1. The nativity of the Sun, the birth of Tammuz Dec. 25

The nativity of Jesus, or "Christmas" is held on December 25

2. The Midsummer festival of the Sun Worship was held on June 24 of each year

The Nativity of St. John is held every year on June 24

3. The assumption of Semiramus who became the mother godess of all Sun Worship

The assumption of Mary, who became the mother of God to all Catholics

4. The mother goddess was given the title, and worshipped as the Queen of Heaven. Jer. 7:18

The Virgin Mary is given the title, and worshipped as the Queen of Heaven by all Catholics.

4.a "Queen of Heaven" is wrath subduer of the Sun worship god

Mary, "Queen of Heaven" subdues the wrath of Christ and His Father against sinners.

5. Cakes decorated to the goddess with a "+" drawn on it. Jer. 44:17,19

Hot cross buns are backed for Mary in most Roman Catholic churches

6. 40 days fasting before Easter for Tammuz, Ezek. 8:14

Catholics fast 40 days (Lent) before Easter

7. Sexual festival of Easter. Ezek 8:16

The Roman Catholic church initiated the sexual festival of Easter first in Christiandom

7a. Gathering at sunrise for worship Catholic church stated Easter sunrise services first in Christiandom
8. The resurrection of Tammuz on Easter, and the procession of graven images during Easter holy week

All Roman Catholic churches parade partake in processions of graven images of Jesus, Mary, and Peter, and of the saints during Easter week

9. Veneration of graven images of Baal, Ishtar, Tammuz and lesser gods in the heavens

All Roman Catholic churches venerate graven images of Jesus, Mary, Peter, and of the "lesser" saints in the heavens

10. The belief of the constant immortality of the soul, and burning place of eternal torment

Rome teaches the belief of immortality of the soul and a burning place of eternal torment

11. Sun Worship believed in the doctrine of purgatory

Rome teaches the doctrine of purgatory

12. The belief of the dead visiting the living on a certain day each year. A feast is then held for all the dead on first day of November. (Called all souls day)

Rome teaches they must hold a festival for the dead on all souls day held Nov. 2, and all saints day held Nov. 1 of each year

13. Burning incense and candles Jer 11:17; Ezek 8:11

Rome, as well as every Satanic church burns incense and candles in their "masses"

14. Chants and repetitive prayers. Beaded prayer chains.

Rome as well as Satanists use chants and the beaded prayer chains. (Rome calls the chant "Gregorian chant" and the beaded chained "Rosary"

The Catholic Church were the original Christians, all you others are johnny come lately.

I believe in the One, Holy, Catholic, and Apostolic Church

Anyway.

the eastern orthodox even made PONTIUS PILATE a saint------no accounting for TASTES IN SAINTS. Some of those guys never met Jesus---like LUKE----greek doctor------so said Taylor Caldwell-----my history teacher

What? I'm referring to some loon's link that claims Catholics did respect the apostles....obvious loonery going on there

I remember this sound as a kid , sounds just like the good humor mans truck

why are bells used?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back