Why do the Catholics

Wow. I read through this site. Frankly, it is pretty unhinged.

Anyway.

Jesus gave the keys of the kingdom to Peter, the rock, to create His church. Catholics didn't create the Pope and the Church, Jesus did.

Yep. Catholics have a great deal of respect for the apostles ( you know, Peter and those other guys, who knew and were taught by Jesus?). Baal was not one of the apostles.

Probably why many Catholic Churches are named after the apostles
Indeed. And there are no Catholic Churches named after Baal.

The Catholics must have great respect for the apostles...they made them Saints....just saying

the eastern orthodox even made PONTIUS PILATE a saint------no accounting for TASTES IN SAINTS. Some of those guys never met Jesus---like LUKE----greek doctor------so said Taylor Caldwell-----my history teacher

What? I'm referring to some loon's link that claims Catholics did respect the apostles....obvious loonery going on there

there were no catholics WAAAAY back then-------but the Irish WERE Irish----in Ireland------I think.........there were probably Leprechauns and even a <gasp>
BANSHEE

Probably why many Catholic Churches are named after the apostles

The Catholics must have great respect for the apostles...they made them Saints....just saying

the eastern orthodox even made PONTIUS PILATE a saint------no accounting for TASTES IN SAINTS. Some of those guys never met Jesus---like LUKE----greek doctor------so said Taylor Caldwell-----my history teacher

What? I'm referring to some loon's link that claims Catholics did respect the apostles....obvious loonery going on there

there were no catholics WAAAAY back then-------but the Irish WERE Irish----in Ireland------I think.........there were probably Leprechauns and even a <gasp>
BANSHEE

Our youngest is an Irish banshee...she wails you die LOL

Swing incense around on their churches stage during their ceremony? I know it has been around, starting with the Egyptians in their religious ceremony to their gods in 2500 BCE
Sun Worship (Baal Worship

Doctrines of Lucifer Sun Worship - Doctrines of THE CATHOLIC CHURCH
1. The nativity of the Sun, the birth of Tammuz Dec. 25

The nativity of Jesus, or "Christmas" is held on December 25

2. The Midsummer festival of the Sun Worship was held on June 24 of each year

The Nativity of St. John is held every year on June 24

3. The assumption of Semiramus who became the mother godess of all Sun Worship

The assumption of Mary, who became the mother of God to all Catholics

4. The mother goddess was given the title, and worshipped as the Queen of Heaven. Jer. 7:18

The Virgin Mary is given the title, and worshipped as the Queen of Heaven by all Catholics.

4.a "Queen of Heaven" is wrath subduer of the Sun worship god

Mary, "Queen of Heaven" subdues the wrath of Christ and His Father against sinners.

5. Cakes decorated to the goddess with a "+" drawn on it. Jer. 44:17,19

Hot cross buns are backed for Mary in most Roman Catholic churches

6. 40 days fasting before Easter for Tammuz, Ezek. 8:14

Catholics fast 40 days (Lent) before Easter

7. Sexual festival of Easter. Ezek 8:16

The Roman Catholic church initiated the sexual festival of Easter first in Christiandom

7a. Gathering at sunrise for worship Catholic church stated Easter sunrise services first in Christiandom
8. The resurrection of Tammuz on Easter, and the procession of graven images during Easter holy week

All Roman Catholic churches parade partake in processions of graven images of Jesus, Mary, and Peter, and of the saints during Easter week

9. Veneration of graven images of Baal, Ishtar, Tammuz and lesser gods in the heavens

All Roman Catholic churches venerate graven images of Jesus, Mary, Peter, and of the "lesser" saints in the heavens

10. The belief of the constant immortality of the soul, and burning place of eternal torment

Rome teaches the belief of immortality of the soul and a burning place of eternal torment

11. Sun Worship believed in the doctrine of purgatory

Rome teaches the doctrine of purgatory

12. The belief of the dead visiting the living on a certain day each year. A feast is then held for all the dead on first day of November. (Called all souls day)

Rome teaches they must hold a festival for the dead on all souls day held Nov. 2, and all saints day held Nov. 1 of each year

13. Burning incense and candles Jer 11:17; Ezek 8:11

Rome, as well as every Satanic church burns incense and candles in their "masses"

14. Chants and repetitive prayers. Beaded prayer chains.

Rome as well as Satanists use chants and the beaded prayer chains. (Rome calls the chant "Gregorian chant" and the beaded chained "Rosary"

The Catholic Church were the original Christians, all you others are johnny come lately.

I believe in the One, Holy, Catholic, and Apostolic Church

somewhere along the line------lots of catholics turned into eastern orthodox people who also see themselves as the ORIGINAL CHRISTIANS. The MORMONS are
even more ORIGINAL

BANSHEE

Our youngest is an Irish banshee...she wails you die LOL

oh HER--------yes------I had one next door when I first moved into an apartment
building

Swing incense around on their churches stage during their ceremony? I know it has been around, starting with the Egyptians in their religious ceremony to their gods in 2500 BCE

4. The mother goddess was given the title, and worshipped as the Queen of Heaven. Jer. 7:18

The Virgin Mary is given the title, and worshipped as the Queen of Heaven by all Catholics.

Mary, "Queen of Heaven" subdues the wrath of Christ and His Father against sinners.

The Roman Catholic church initiated the sexual festival of Easter first in Christiandom

7a. Gathering at sunrise for worship Catholic church stated Easter sunrise services first in Christiandom
8. The resurrection of Tammuz on Easter, and the procession of graven images during Easter holy week

All Roman Catholic churches parade partake in processions of graven images of Jesus, Mary, and Peter, and of the saints during Easter week

9. Veneration of graven images of Baal, Ishtar, Tammuz and lesser gods in the heavens

All Roman Catholic churches venerate graven images of Jesus, Mary, Peter, and of the "lesser" saints in the heavens

10. The belief of the constant immortality of the soul, and burning place of eternal torment

Rome teaches the belief of immortality of the soul and a burning place of eternal torment

12. The belief of the dead visiting the living on a certain day each year. A feast is then held for all the dead on first day of November. (Called all souls day)

Rome teaches they must hold a festival for the dead on all souls day held Nov. 2, and all saints day held Nov. 1 of each year

Rome, as well as every Satanic church burns incense and candles in their "masses"

Rome as well as Satanists use chants and the beaded prayer chains. (Rome calls the chant "Gregorian chant" and the beaded chained "Rosary"

The Catholic Church were the original Christians, all you others are johnny come lately.

somewhere along the line------lots of catholics turned into eastern orthodox people who also see themselves as the ORIGINAL CHRISTIANS. The MORMONS are
even more ORIGINAL

I'm not going to argue with you on it, the Catholics are the originals. I get a kick out of Fundie baptist's heads exploding over it.

I love incense. Loved it as a Catholic, love it as a Buddhist. It's a scent offering.

even more ORIGINAL

I'm not going to argue with you on it, the Catholics are the originals. I get a kick out of Fundie baptist's heads exploding over it.

Why do yo believe in praying to the statues of your saints?

I remember this sound as a kid , sounds just like the good humor mans truck

why are bells used?

We percieve through our senses, bells and other instruments are offering of sound.

even more ORIGINAL

Me? No, I'm Buddhist. I don't pray to statues.

True story....Alter boys sometimes smoke a joint before Mass

Incense covers the smell

even more ORIGINAL

Catholics don't pray TO statues or saints. They do talk to them, though.

even more ORIGINAL

they talk to dead people?

What happens to the dead

“His breath departs, he returns to the earth; in that very day his thoughts perish.” Psalm 146:5.

“The dead do not know anything.” Ecclesiastes 9:5.

“There is no activity or planning or knowledge or wisdom in Sheol [the grave] where you are going.” Ecclesiastes 9:10

“Then the dust will return to the earth as it was, and the breath will return to God who gave it.” Ecclesiastes 12:7.

even more ORIGINAL

Does that bother you?

even more ORIGINAL

Does that bother you?
no, just very paganish for people who claim the think they are following the god of the Jews

even more ORIGINAL

Does that bother you?

I talk to myself all the time

Does that bother you?

I talk to myself all the time
Do you talk back too?

The Bible compares death to sleep more than fifty times. After death we are asleep, we are unconscious; we are not aware of the passing of time or of what is going on around us. That is what death is like as well. The Bible says, “for the living know that they will die; but the dead know nothing… their love, their hatred, and their envy have now perished” (Ecclesiastes 9:5, also Psalm 146:4; 115:17).

So were does this talking and praying to dead people come in?

Catholics believe that members of the Church are a family, a community. Just because someone has died doesn't change that fellowship. Just as you might ask someone alive for prayers, you can ask someone who has died for prayers. Some of these people are represented by a statue- just as you might gaze at a photo of a loved one who has passed and speak to that person, Catholics sometimes speak to a statue.

Catholic doctrine teaches that prayers for the dead were offered before the time of their Jesus to improve the condition of the soul. Where did they come up with this cockamamie stuff which is pagan to the core Sure isn't found in Judaism

Forum List

Back