Why do the God-haters persist?

Being ruled by fear is a sad way to live.

Exactly. Gismym and other bible thumpers say, "who are you little man you think you know better than god", but I don't claim to know better than god. I claim there is no god. I claim to know better than gismys, her corrupt church and every other foolish church in the world who believes

“Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree.”

Properly read, the bible is the most potent force for atheism ever conceived.” – Isaac Asimov

Exactly. Gismym and other bible thumpers say, "who are you little man you think you know better than god", but I don't claim to know better than god. I claim there is no god. I claim to know better than gismys, her corrupt church and every other foolish church in the world who believes

“Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree.”

Properly read, the bible is the most potent force for atheism ever conceived.” – Isaac Asimov
Are you so devoid of Love that you dont know the difference between that and fear?

It is a fool who says to himself, “There is no God!” Anyone who talks like that is warped and evil and cannot really be a good person at all.Psalm 14:1===Only a fool would say to himself, “There is no God.” And why does he say it? Because of his wicked heart, his dark and evil deeds. His life is corroded with sin. PSALM 53:1 and you???

Just know that every time you post something like this it's going to receive a FUCK JESUS from me. So in a way when you post shit like this it's like you are asking me to say it.

Say it again. I know you want me to type back FUCK JESUS so go ahead. I know you don't really believe. If you did you wouldn't be here.

PS. I thought about when my mom dies and we take her to the christian church for the service. I thought about you saying "YOU DON"T WANT TO BELIEVE...". You know what Gismys? Fuck you. Of course I want to believe my mom will go to heaven and I'll join her one day. What human doesn't want to believe that? Just like Muslims want to believe 40 virgins are waiting for them....:cuckoo:
YES!!! SATAN AND DEMONS HATE TO SEE GOD'S WORD POSTED HERE TOO!!!and you??

I keep telling you that you and every member of your church have swallowed a line of bull and you keep using the book they used to brainwash you as your defense.

I have asked you repeatedly, how can you believe your parents and pastors when they tell you stories that can't possibly be true like adam and eve, noah, mosus & jesus? Talking snakes? Rising from the dead after being born of a virgin mother?

I seriously want to know how you can believe your parents and a lying church? And I shouldn't say lying because half of the churches and preachers probably believe the bullshit they are peddling. I can't believe all preachers are corrupt bullshit/con artists.

But even if they are sincere Gismys, how do you believe stories that are impossible? Maybe when you were a kid like we all believed in Santa but even then they had to bribe us into believing or we would have stopped believing years earlier.

I guess I'm just as guilty as you. I believed in god up until I was 42 so I guess I shouldn't give you such a hard time. Wake up kid. You are wasting your time and holding society back with this jesus shit. Give it a rest! :eusa_pray: That I will pray for. :lol:

HEY!! no Skin off my nose!!! You are free to reject GOD and GOD'S love and forgivness and pay your own sin debt= Death and Hell GO FOR IT!!!

Are you so devoid of Love that you dont know the difference between that and fear?

I love. What are you talking about?

Atheists can’t know the difference between right and wrong.

Note: The following answer is a generalisation. Atheists are not a homogeneous group. There is no formal moral code resulting from a lack of belief. Atheists can and do subscribe to any number of ethical systems, or may simply decide such things for themselves.

Atheists generally derive their sense of right and wrong from an innate [2][3] and reasoned [2] understanding of which actions contribute towards a society most hospitable to continual well-being and personal fulfilment. They are accountable to their own conscience and to society at large. They do not require an absolute standard in order to make distinctions between the possible effects of their actions.

Atheists are attuned to the here and now. Their ethics are not derived from some reward or punishment after death, but from a rational consideration of the consequences in this life. Impulsive desires are compassionately, empathetically and intelligently [2] weighed against long term personal and social goals.

As social animals that have evolved to want and give love, to have freedom and security, we have learned that we are safer, stronger and more prosperous in a successful group. Crimes are inherently anti-social behaviours that introduce needless risk and are antithetical to the long-term needs and goals of a happy, stable society.

Note: Essentially all theists unknowingly exercise their innate ‘morality’ or conscience by picking and choosing which parts of their religion to follow.

HEY!! no Skin off my nose!!! You are free to reject GOD and GOD'S love and forgivness and pay your own sin debt= Death and Hell GO FOR IT!!!

So you don't want god put back in school? Cool. Cause if it's no skin off your nose, keep that shit to yourself. :lol:

So you don't want god put back in school? Cool. Cause if it's no skin off your nose, keep that shit to yourself. :lol:

A little slow???Got a dim light?? no Skin off my nose!!! If You chose to reject GOD and GOD'S love and forgivness and pay your own sin debt= Death and Hell GO FOR IT!

“I would love to believe that when I die I will live again, that some thinking, feeling, remembering part of me will continue. But much as I want to believe that, and despite the ancient and worldwide cultural traditions that assert an afterlife, I know of nothing to suggest that it is more than wishful thinking. The world is so exquisite with so much love and moral depth, that there is no reason to deceive ourselves with pretty stories for which there’s little good evidence. Far better it seems to me, in our vulnerability, is to look death in the eye and to be grateful every day for the brief but magnificent opportunity that life provides.” – Carl Sagan

“I do not fear death. I had been dead for billions and billions of years before I was born, and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it.” - Mark Twain

A little slow???Got a dim light?? no Skin off my nose!!! If You chose to reject GOD and GOD'S love and forgivness and pay your own sin debt= Death and Hell GO FOR IT!

Believe! BELIEVE!! I can't. NO. OK fine I agree, and god says LIAR!

:whip::whip::disagree::hellno::whip::iagree::blowup:

WISE!!! WE ALL choose what we believe.you can believe if you want to believe!!! and God will help you if you ask!!!

“I would love to believe that when I die I will live again, that some thinking, feeling, remembering part of me will continue. But much as I want to believe that, and despite the ancient and worldwide cultural traditions that assert an afterlife, I know of nothing to suggest that it is more than wishful thinking. The world is so exquisite with so much love and moral depth, that there is no reason to deceive ourselves with pretty stories for which there’s little good evidence. Far better it seems to me, in our vulnerability, is to look death in the eye and to be grateful every day for the brief but magnificent opportunity that life provides.” – Carl Sagan

“I do not fear death. I had been dead for billions and billions of years before I was born, and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it.” - Mark Twain
What does this have to do with my post? Sagan is a fool and Twain knows whether he was right or wrong now.

WISE!!! WE ALL choose what we believe.you can believe if you want to believe!!! and God will help you if you ask!!!

Who is god? Can you introduce me to him? Did you ever meet him besides in your imagination?

What does this have to do with my post? Sagan is a fool and Twain knows whether he was right or wrong now.

Ok, I'll bite. Do I know the difference between what and fear? If this is your attempt to convert me you are boring me already. Is this what you people do? Of course it is. I hear it on tv every day. Just keep saying stupid shit like god said this and god said that but never really get to the point because the point is, you have no fucking evidence your fairy tales are real. All you do is rely on the stupidity of the people in your flocks. Dumb bitches.

And as for being without love, you are a fool. If you think only people who believe in god feel love, well, lets just say that is all the proof I need to know that religion prays on the dumb and vulnerable and gullible fools of the world. No different than the sheep in Saudi Arabia who right now are praying to the east 7 times a day and washing their feet for god.

Here is my proof religion is a complete waste of time. Look how many times Muslims pray each day. Where is that getting them? How much time and money do they waste on religion?

1. The Dawn Prayer must be observed during two hours before sunrise (11:114, 24:58).
2. The Noon Prayer is due when the sun declines from its highest pointat noon (17:78).
3. The Afternoon Prayer can be observed during the 3-4 hours preceding sunset (2:238).
4. The Sunset Prayer becomes due after sunset (11:114).
5. The Night Prayer can be observed after the twilight disappears from the sky (24:58).

They waste a good hour plus every day praying to Allah who doesn't even exist. :cuckoo:

Christians, please realize Muslims are your retarded younger cousins and you all are the Jews stupid little brothers. You all came from Abraham, right? :eusa_pray:

Here is my proof religion is a complete waste of time. Look how many times Muslims pray each day. Where is that getting them? How much time and money do they waste on religion?

1. The Dawn Prayer must be observed during two hours before sunrise (11:114, 24:58).
2. The Noon Prayer is due when the sun declines from its highest pointat noon (17:78).
3. The Afternoon Prayer can be observed during the 3-4 hours preceding sunset (2:238).
4. The Sunset Prayer becomes due after sunset (11:114).
5. The Night Prayer can be observed after the twilight disappears from the sky (24:58).

They waste a good hour plus every day praying to Allah who doesn't even exist. :cuckoo:

Christians, please realize Muslims are your retarded younger cousins and you all are the Jews stupid little brothers. You all came from Abraham, right? :eusa_pray:

I wasn't talking about religion....I was talking about whether the specific people you posted about posted in fear....Try not not spin my posts please.

They waste a good hour plus every day praying to Allah who doesn't even exist.

That's a bargain compared to how many hours a day you spend refuting a God you don't believe in.

Just sayin'.

That's a bargain compared to how many hours a day you spend refuting a God you don't believe in.

Just sayin'.

True, but like them, I think society will be better off when people wake up.

However, I am beginning to realize most atheists scientists are right. Discussing religion isn't really worth the time spent.

But remember, I'm a new atheist. Just like new born agains who go running around trying to save everyone, eventually like them I'll get tired of this and I'll move on. Every once in awhile I'll get a bug up my ass and I'll come back to let it out but you will see I usually take 2 year breaks from USMB until either

a. It's an election year
b. I realize for the first time ever that god doesn't exist! Where else but USMB can I come to talk about it? Can't talk about it with MOST of my friends. Can't talk about it at work. There are no atheist churches.

Anyways, thanks for chatting. I appreciate your input. I don't hate people like you. Remember I would have agreed with you 2 months ago. Now I'm trying to open your eyes like my buddies opened my eyes. You can wish/hope/want to believe/have faith/think there is a god but you have absolutely zero scientific proof.

Personal revelation cannot be independently verified. So-called ‘revelations’ never include information a recipient could not have known beforehand, such as the time and location of a rare event or answers to any number of unsolved problems in science. They are usually emotional or perceptual in content and therefore unremarkable among the many cognitive processes brains exhibit, including dreams and hallucinations. These experiences may even be artificially induced by narcotics or magnetic fields. Extreme cases may be diagnosed as a form of schizophrenia or psychosis.

Spiritual and religious experiences are not only inconsistent among individuals but are variably attributed to different gods, aliens, spirits, rituals, hallucinations, meditation etc. The fact that medical conditions and other natural processes [2] can induce these experiences is evidence they are produced by our brain.

Just sayin'.

Even if there exists some topic on which science can never speak, any understanding could potentially evade us forever – supernatural or metaphysical speculation would not automatically be correct. Uncertainty is the most legitimate position.

Lightning, earthquakes, volcanos, disease, mental illness, speciation, planetary orbits and numerous other phenomena have been historically labelled ‘supernatural’ only to later be more thoroughly explained by science. In fact, every mystery ever demonstrably solved has had a non-supernatural explanation. To suggest that science cannot or will not explain a phenomena, and that only theism can, is hubris of the highest order.

Using ‘god’ to explain something explains nothing. God’s supposed powers and how they work are a mystery. An explanation is intended to clarify and extend knowledge. Attributing a phenomenon to the magical powers of a supernatural being does neither. Worse still, this presumption acts to prevent any deeper investigation, being little more than a form of blissful ignorance.

Note: By using ‘god’ to fill gaps in their knowledge theists inadvertently provide a shrinking role for their god as science advances. They also predicate god’s existence on a lack of knowledge, not on any positive argument or evidence.

Learn this Great Truth!!==The man is a fool who says to himself, “There is no God!” Anyone who talks like that is warped and evil and cannot really be a good person at all.Psalm 14:1===Only a fool would say to himself, “There is no God.” And why does he say it? Because of his wicked heart, his dark and evil deeds. His life is corroded with sin. PSALM 53:1 and you???

Learn this Great Truth!!==The man is a fool who says to himself, “There is no God!” Anyone who talks like that is warped and evil and cannot really be a good person at all.Psalm 14:1===Only a fool would say to himself, “There is no God.” And why does he say it? Because of his wicked heart, his dark and evil deeds. His life is corroded with sin. PSALM 53:1 and you???

And you wonder why we say fuck you and your jesus. We aren't warped, evil and we are good people. We are simply unconvinced.

Wouldn't we be stupid if we just took your word for it or the bible that quite honestly

There is no evidence to support any of the claims made in the Bible concerning the existence of a god. Any ‘evidence’ proposed by theists to support the Bible’s various historical and supernatural claims is non-existent at best, manufactured at worst.

The Bible is not self-authenticating; it is simply one of many religious texts. Like those others, it itself constitutes no evidence for the existence of a god. Its florid prose and fanciful content do not legitimise it nor distinguish it from other ancient works of literature.

The Bible is historically inaccurate [2], factually incorrect, inconsistent [2] and contradictory. It was artificially constructed by a group of men in antiquity and is poorly translated, heavily altered and selectively interpreted. Entire sections of the text have been redacted over time.

Or when there is no contemporary evidence for Jesus’ existence or the Bible’s account of his life; no artefacts, dwellings, works of carpentry, self-written manuscripts, court records, eyewitness testimony, official diaries, birth records, reflections on his significance or written disputes about his teachings. Nothing survives from the time in which he is said to have lived.

All historical references to Jesus derive from hearsay accounts written decades or centuries after his supposed death. These historical references generally refer to early Christians rather than a historical Jesus and, in some cases, directly contradict the Gospels or were deliberately manufactured.

The Gospels themselves contradict one-another [2] on many key events and were constructed by unknown authors up to a century after the events they describe are said to have occurred. They are not eyewitness accounts. The New Testament, as a whole, contains many internal inconsistencies as a result of its piecemeal construction and is factually incorrect on several historical claims, such as the early existence of Nazareth, the reign of Herod and the Roman census. Like the Old Testament, it too has had entire books and sections redacted.

The Biblical account of Jesus has striking similarities with other mythologies and texts and many of his supposed teachings existed prior to his time. It is likely the character was either partly or entirely invented [2] by competing first century messianic cults from an amalgamation of Greco-Roman, Egyptian and Judeo-Apocalyptic myths and prophecies.

Even if Jesus’ existence could be established, this would in no way validate Christian theology or any element of the story portrayed in the Bible, such as the performance of miracles or the resurrection. Simply because it is conceivable a heretical Jewish preacher named Yeshua lived circa 30 AD, had followers and was executed, does not imply the son of a god walked the Earth at that time.

Forum List

Back