Why do the God-haters persist?

We see them here everyday, interjecting their hate-filled insultuous attacks on the religious, mocking and ridiculing to a bizarre extreme, anything and everything to do with God. They largely profess to be "Atheists" although some, as if to denote a hint of reluctance to go quite that far, will claim agnosticism instead. Best play it safe if we're dealing with a super-force who can send you to the pits of hell for all eternity, eh? But they have a dirty little secret they don't want any of us to know. They are not, in fact, Atheists or agnostic.

True Atheists have absolutely no inclination to attack people who profess religious belief. If anything, they are amused by the "believers" and find them a bit of a novelty. Much like an adult who encounters a child believing in Santa or the Easter Bunny. There is no harm to the adult in such beliefs, the adult knows these are not real entities, and it's simply an amusement to them. In fact, they may even 'play along' with the idea, just in the name of fun. What does it hurt? No, you don't see hoards of smart-assed punks at the mall where Santa visits, ridiculing and belittling the people standing in line to see him. Message boards aren't clogged up with degenerate misfits decrying the belief of a giant bunny who brings candy and hides eggs, because it doesn't really matter to anyone that some people entertain this notion.

Oh but it's because those are just kids, Boss! Well okay, let's take the thousands of nutty conspiracy theories out there. Do you see any evidence of people devoting every waking hour to go on message boards and forums to "inform" these people how they are crazy and misinformed? Nope. It doesn't matter. As long as you know something is too far-fetched to be true, you could care less what other people think. If someone wants to think Elvis is still alive on some remote island, what difference does that make to me? I might be inclined to casually comment that I don't believe it, but I am certainly not devoting the bulk of my energy and time online to categorically try and refute any inkling of thought pertaining to such a theory. And I am certainly not going to the extreme efforts to ridicule and insult the nuts who believe such theories. It's just not that important to me, nor to anyone else for that matter.

But with the God-haters and God, things are quite different. Although they claim to be Atheists or agnostics, my suspicion is they are anything but. It appears they are devout believers in God, who fully understand the power of God and how much God influences others who believe in Him. To put it in simple terms, they fear God. They are afraid if they do not stand up and fight God with all their might, God may become a bigger influence and that wouldn't be good for them, for whatever reason.

Most of the time, these reasons center around that person's life choices. They have totally abandoned the God they very much believe in, so they can be unaccountable for their moral behaviors. As long as there is "no god" to judge them, they can do whatever they please and there are no consequences. It's important that we understand, any time someone is doing something immoral or wrong, they had rather have company. This provides a codependency, a way they can somehow justify their behavior to themselves.

So this is why the God-haters persist on message boards and forums, to 'recruit' people over to their way of thinking. They believe they can ridicule and cajole people into being ashamed of their beliefs and those people will ultimately join their faction. If nothing else, it is 'therapeutic' for them to vent their anger and vitriol toward the God they know is real, and they are almost certain to meet up with others who are doing the same thing.

Perhaps Christians should chop off more heads, stone people to death, put out hits on disrespectful easterners, stop allowing apostolates and insist on Christian laws in Muslim countries. And, a touch of suicidal murder and sectarian violence, that might make things right.

Last edited:
Apologetics Press - "Evolution is the Scientific Consensus?So You Should Believe It!?

When did we switch back to a debate on evolution? We were talking about existence of God. I've not refuted evolution, but evolution does not disprove God. Evolution has nothing to do with origin of the universe or origin of life... or whether God exists. Neither does Neil DeGrasse Tyson.

The motivation for belief in a divine salvational god breaks down when you accept evolution:

Original sin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I see. You want to deny all the supposed evidence god exists and still believe? It is even harder to prove you wrong I will admit since you have your own crazy reasons why you believe in a god. Its real easy to tear apart the jew, muslim or christian stories but your argument that "god exists because humans have always believed in one" is not one that can be proven wrong. It's just a feeling you have.

Lets just say most outspoken scientists don't agree with you. Why won't they speak up? Well you see how Americans treat and think about people who don't believe in god so I would keep quiet about it too if I were them. You guys are too ignorant to hear the truth.

Darwin breaks down when you accept DNA. :eusa_angel:

If my travels through atheist forums is any judge, most of them are admin'd and made up of cyber bullies, who make believers and those of the 'wrong' view feel bad about themselves.

There is this myth created by Hitchens, Dawkins, and others that somehow every atheist is nicer or more open minded without god to cloud their thinking. But I call BS on that as the top 10 atheist forums on a google search are full of the most awful, self-centered, homophobic, racist, sexist, closed-minded people you could ever meet.

There are four camps of people to avoid on atheist forums:

1. The Femanazis: Basically they hate all men, view them as intellectually inferior, and hate gay and bi men the most. The Sub-Group of this camp is the self-hating transsexual/lesbian group that hate gay/bi men and hate same-sex marriage. Avoid at all costs, they can't be reasoned with, only thing they respect is a libertarian that hates same-sex marriage, or a self-hating man.

2. The Europhiles: The tamest of the lot but still nasty pieces of work. They believe that Europe is a utopia, alongside Canada. If you point out anything that contradicts this view, like horrible treatment of minorities in France, violent religious/nationalist groups, high unemployment and weak economic growth - they will go after you like rabid wolves.

3. Ex-religious radicals: Basically awful religious types who have become 'atheist' and believe they have all the answers, and have just donned a different hat to spew hateful rhetoric from a different perspective. Some just go back to being religious radicals, as they don't get any more respect among most atheists. Don't talk to them, unless it is on some mundane or boring topic unrelated to leaving god.

4. The ideologues in the mod/admin team: 5 out of 10 atheist forums have them. They are over-privileged people that hate anyone that disagrees with their own political views, one such forum is run by a homophobic libertarian that hates same-sex marriage (and gay couples) as much as s/he does religious.

My advice is look at the other side, or you risk hate building up towards people, which is never a good thing.

Last edited:
If my travels through atheist forums is any judge, most of them are admin'd and made up of cyber bullies, who make believers and those of the 'wrong' view feel bad about themselves.

There is this myth created by Hitchens, Dawkins, and others that somehow every atheist is nicer or more open minded without god to cloud their thinking. But I call BS on that as the top 10 atheist forums on a google search are full of the most awful, self-centered, homophobic, racist, sexist, closed-minded people you could ever meet.

1. The Femanazis: Basically they hate all men, view them as intellectually inferior, and hate gay and bi men the most. The Sub-Group of this camp is the self-hating transsexual/lesbian group that hate gay/bi men and hate same-sex marriage. Avoid at all costs, they can't be reasoned with, only thing they respect is a libertarian that hates same-sex marriage, or a self-hating man.

2. The Europhiles: The tamest of the lot but still nasty pieces of work. They believe that Europe is a utopia, alongside Canada. If you point out anything that contradicts this view, like horrible treatment of minorities in France, violent religious/nationalist groups, high unemployment and weak economic growth - they will go after you like rabid wolves.

3. Ex-religious radicals: Basically awful religious types who have become 'atheist' and believe they have all the answers, and have just donned a different hat to spew hateful rhetoric from a different perspective. Some just go back to being religious radicals, as they don't get any more respect among most atheists. Don't talk to them, unless it is on some mundane or boring topic unrelated to leaving god.

4. The ideologues in the mod/admin team: 5 out of 10 atheist forums have them. They are over-privileged people that hate anyone that disagrees with their own political views, one such forum is run by a homophobic libertarian that hates same-sex marriage (and gay couples) as much as s/he does religious.

My advice is look at the other side, or you risk hate building up towards people, which is never a good thing.

"There are four camps of people to avoid on atheist forums:"

OR ....you could just do like I do and never go to an atheist forum.. Problem solved.

If you are so stupid that you need a support group to see that religion and god is a scam then you probably should remain a christian.

:lol:

sealybobo, are you feeding the trolls

No. I'm really into this. Every night I go home and watch the religious shows. Either they need money for their ministries, for you to have good luck or to fly mistreated jews out of russia to Israel.

OMFG Israel has a ton of money. They can't fly them home? They don't care about persecuted jews in Russia enough to get them out of there but we should? $300 to fly 1 home, $700 to fly 2. Why wouldn't you just fly 1 then call the next day and save $100?

Anyways, last night I realized what I am doing here. I'm basically the black guy who moved into an all white neighborhood. No one can give me a good reason why they don't like me but they don't want me there. They "think" crime will go up if blacks start moving into the neighborhood, etc. And you know what? I can't say for sure it won't. I don't think it will because I'm a good atheist but the first black to move into an all white neighborhood is usually good too, but then come 100 or 1000 more and all of the sudden crime does go up. But I don't think that would happen with atheists. All I'm saying is I see why they don't want us Atheists in their communities.

Part of me says, "listen sealybobo, these people have the right to believe and live whatever way they want to live". If it weren't for the fact that their beliefs negatively affect me, I would probably keep my mouth shut and let them to continue believing a fairytale. Same way black people feel. They don't care if people are racist as long as it doesn't cost them a job or prevent them from living where they want to live. But religion wants to force itself on us. It wants it's lie taught in school. It prevents people from getting abortions, stem cell research and assisted suicide. Politicians use it to sucker people into voting against themselves financially. So normally I would not fight with religion but I believe they started the fight.

I’m sorry if my insensitivity towards your beliefs offends you. But guess what – your religious wars, jihads, crusades, inquisitions, censoring of free speech, brainwashing of children, molesting of kids and covering it up, forcing girls into underage marriages, female genital mutilation, stoning, pederasty, homophobia and rejection of science and reason offend me. So I guess we’re even.” – Anonymous

It is a fool who says to himself, “There is no God!” Anyone who talks like that is warped and evil and cannot really be a good person at all.Psalm 14:1===Only a fool would say to himself, “There is no God.” And why does he say it? Because of his wicked heart, his dark and evil deeds. His life is corroded with sin. PSALM 53:1 and you???

"There are four camps of people to avoid on atheist forums:"

OR ....you could just do like I do and never go to an atheist forum.. Problem solved.

If you are so stupid that you need a support group to see that religion and god is a scam then you probably should remain a christian.

:lol:

Yea but religious people make what sound like good arguments but they all have a very fatal flaw to them. They all assume the premise is real. Jesus/God is made up. I can't say that for sure but lets just say the existence and non-existence of a god are not equally probable outcomes. The majority of things we can possibly imagine do not exist. Thus, belief is not as valid a position as skepticism when dealing with unsupported or unfalsifiable claims. Agnostic atheism is the most rational position.

And yes, in the beginning we do need a support group to confirm:

1. We aren't bad people
2. We aren't going to hell for thinking
3. We aren't doubtful because we are evil or bitter or want to sin with impunity

We just don't believe something that very well probably was made up.

Why there is no god

I bet a lot of so called christians don't really deep down believe. They have been brainwashed as children to believe a story and the guilt of even thinking god was imagined up makes them think they'll go to hell for even thinking those thoughts. I however have let that guilt go because I am certain the god they talk about is made up. I'm agnostic atheist that there is "a god" because how can I know for sure who or what is on the other side of black holes? But I do know the biblical bible and muslim and Jewish religions are all made up just like the 999 others before and after.

There is no evidence to support any of the claims made in the Bible concerning the existence of a god. Any ‘evidence’ proposed by theists to support the Bible’s various historical and supernatural claims is non-existent at best, manufactured at worst.

The Bible is not self-authenticating; it is simply one of many religious texts. Like those others, it itself constitutes no evidence for the existence of a god. Its florid prose and fanciful content do not legitimise it nor distinguish it from other ancient works of literature.

The Bible is historically inaccurate, factually incorrect, inconsistent and contradictory. It was artificially constructed by a group of men in antiquity and is poorly translated, heavily altered and selectively interpreted. Entire sections of the text have been redacted over time.

It is a fool who says to himself, “There is no God!” Anyone who talks like that is warped and evil and cannot really be a good person at all.Psalm 14:1===Only a fool would say to himself, “There is no God.” And why does he say it? Because of his wicked heart, his dark and evil deeds. His life is corroded with sin. PSALM 53:1 and you???

Just know that every time you post something like this it's going to receive a FUCK JESUS from me. So in a way when you post shit like this it's like you are asking me to say it.

Say it again. I know you want me to type back FUCK JESUS so go ahead. I know you don't really believe. If you did you wouldn't be here.

PS. I thought about when my mom dies and we take her to the christian church for the service. I thought about you saying "YOU DON"T WANT TO BELIEVE...". You know what Gismys? Fuck you. Of course I want to believe my mom will go to heaven and I'll join her one day. What human doesn't want to believe that? Just like Muslims want to believe 40 virgins are waiting for them....:cuckoo:

Really? Because I go to the bible belt and that is where I find the most racist Americans.

Homophobic? Really? You are religious person wants to say we're homophobic? :eusa_liar:

Sexist? You mean like not paying them equal pay, not paying for birth control and trying to take away their right to choose?

P.S. I can be a racist and sexist too but don't lump us all together.

Atheists are not a homogeneous group. There is no formal moral code resulting from a lack of belief. Atheists can and do subscribe to any number of ethical systems, or may simply decide such things for themselves.

When did we switch back to a debate on evolution? We were talking about existence of God. I've not refuted evolution, but evolution does not disprove God. Evolution has nothing to do with origin of the universe or origin of life... or whether God exists. Neither does Neil DeGrasse Tyson.

The motivation for belief in a divine salvational god breaks down when you accept evolution:

I see. You want to deny all the supposed evidence god exists and still believe? It is even harder to prove you wrong I will admit since you have your own crazy reasons why you believe in a god. Its real easy to tear apart the jew, muslim or christian stories but your argument that "god exists because humans have always believed in one" is not one that can be proven wrong. It's just a feeling you have.

Lets just say most outspoken scientists don't agree with you. Why won't they speak up? Well you see how Americans treat and think about people who don't believe in god so I would keep quiet about it too if I were them. You guys are too ignorant to hear the truth.

Darwin breaks down when you accept DNA. :eusa_angel:

Link or explanation?

I think religion is bad for society and I think we'll be much better off without it.

Your trouble is you are a monkey who is trying to think. You should leave thinking to evolved humans who know and comprehend their spiritual connection to something greater than self, and concern yourself with peeling bananas or something.

It doesn't really matter what you think we'd be better off without, you are never going to remove a fundamental human behavioral attribute. It's remarkably silly for you to believe this is even possible. Again.... your time would be better spent picking off fleas from your mate or learning to hang upside down from your feet. Leave social structure to the species who do it better than any other!

Oh yea? Funny how ultra conservative christians were 100 years ago compared to today. Funny how many members their losing as the old die and the young who have access to science and the internet are not as gullible as old farts like you are. Perhaps you're too old of a dog and set in your ways. I know you are a conservative and you know that is exactly what conservative means. Set in your ways! So you are a lost cause.

Oh and yea Boss, you are smart, just as smart as a Neandertal was. They believed in god too. So you can be confident you are at least as smart as people were 200,000 years ago. You haven't evolved past Age of Enlightenment - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Age of Enlightenment spells the end of religion. Of course it's going to take awhile. In 1961 during the civil rights era Bobby Kennedy said one day a black man might be president of the USA. 50 years later it happened. Trust me, jesus and religion is on it's way out. Sure it will take another 1000 years for the muslims, mormons and bible belters to completely let it go but in 50 years you won't be able to be president if you believe in Jesus or Mohammad because if you do you are :cuckoo:

It'll be ok to be "spiritual" like you but don't try to tell the American people why you believe in god because they won't vote for someone who believes in an invisible man watching our every move.

Remember boss, every other religion, the 999 that came before Christianity and Muslim and Jew are all gone. Sure we left them for just another stupid religion but one day when we leave it'll be for good.

You've not proven anyone wrong here. You've attacked religions, mostly with a simple-minded and frankly child-like understanding of their teachings. It's not "crazy reasoning" for me to believe in God because I communicate with God daily. And it's not a "feeling" that humans have always been spiritual creatures, it's a scientific fact.

Now... Thank God we have Silly Boob to tell us what scientists believe but are too afraid to say! I know your little stupid ass has solid inside understanding of what every scientist thinks and believes on matters of spirituality. Still.... no evidence is being presented to disprove God, by you or by them. I don't think it is because we are too ignorant to hear it, I believe it's because no such evidence exists. Belief in something not in evidence is called "faith" and that's what you have.

I have heard Neal Degrass Tyson say in a nice way, "I'm just too busy to even think/discuss/worry about religion. That was him being nice.

This is a quote from him “God is an ever-receding pocket of ignorance that’s getting smaller and smaller as time goes on.”- Neil deGrasse Tyson

You can't be a real scientist and believe in god. Any scientists that believe in god, lets just say I would not trust their judgement because they don't need facts to come to a conclusion. That's you boss. You can say you believe in evolution and god but so what? You can believe in a fact and unicorns too.

The fact is, and I knew this wouldn't deter you because you deny christ, but evolution debunks the whole story of christianity. That's why the church has hated science for so long. But like they always do, the church slowly but surely shifts it's position when it absolutely has to. For example, today the Catholic church is cool with evolution. They have found a way for it not to matter anymore. But at first it was a HUGE problem.

There is no evidence god doesn’t exist, so belief is as justified or as valid as non-belief.

Argument from ignorance.

A common attempt to shift the burden of proof or ‘make room’ for a god. Represents a type of false dichotomy that excludes the fact that there is insufficient investigation and the proposition has not yet been proven either true or false.

The failure to disprove the existence of something does not constitute proof of its existence.

Belief is not as valid a position as skepticism when dealing with unsupported or unfalsifiable claims because all such claims would need to be believed implicitly. Agnostic atheism is the most rational position.

I think religion is bad for society and I think we'll be much better off without it.

Your trouble is you are a monkey who is trying to think. You should leave thinking to evolved humans who know and comprehend their spiritual connection to something greater than self, and concern yourself with peeling bananas or something.

It doesn't really matter what you think we'd be better off without, you are never going to remove a fundamental human behavioral attribute. It's remarkably silly for you to believe this is even possible. Again.... your time would be better spent picking off fleas from your mate or learning to hang upside down from your feet. Leave social structure to the species who do it better than any other!

Disbelieving in astrology because a priest tells you to is no better than believing in a god because the same priest tells you to do so.

Science observes the physical universe, makes models of how it works and then refines those models through further observation. When something interacts with the physical universe, such as through light, motion, sound, heat, mass or gravity, it becomes a natural phenomena and thus open to scientific inquiry. If it does not interact with the physical universe then it cannot be said to exist in any meaningful or perceivable way.

Proposing the existence of an entity that can never be investigated via empirical, experimental or reproducible means moves it from the realm of reality and into the realm of unfalsifiable speculation. The inability of science to investigate or disprove such a hypothesis is not the same as proving it true and neither does it automatically lend credence to any metaphysical or theological argument. If such reasoning were actually permissible then one could claim anything imaginable to be real or true if only because it could not be proven false.

Relying on supernatural explanations is a cop-out or a dead-end to deepening our understanding of reality. If a natural cause for something is not known, the scientific approach is to say “I don’t know yet” and keep on looking, not to presume an answer which makes us comfortable.

Just know that every time you post something like this it's going to receive a FUCK JESUS from me. So in a way when you post shit like this it's like you are asking me to say it.

Say it again. I know you want me to type back FUCK JESUS so go ahead. I know you don't really believe. If you did you wouldn't be here.

PS. I thought about when my mom dies and we take her to the christian church for the service. I thought about you saying "YOU DON"T WANT TO BELIEVE...". You know what Gismys? Fuck you. Of course I want to believe my mom will go to heaven and I'll join her one day. What human doesn't want to believe that? Just like Muslims want to believe 40 virgins are waiting for them....:cuckoo:
YES!!! SATAN AND DEMONS HATE TO SEE GOD'S WORD POSTED HERE TOO!!!and you??

Really? Because I go to the bible belt and that is where I find the most racist Americans.

Homophobic? Really? You are religious person wants to say we're homophobic? :eusa_liar:

Sexist? You mean like not paying them equal pay, not paying for birth control and trying to take away their right to choose?

Atheists are not a homogeneous group. There is no formal moral code resulting from a lack of belief. Atheists can and do subscribe to any number of ethical systems, or may simply decide such things for themselves.
Where did I lump all atheists together?

I can attest to the fact that most of the atheist forums you can find in the internet are not where you find the average, mill of the run atheist (would recommend Facebook to find religious/atheist discussion groups that aren't made up of insensitive pricks).

Funny that you call me a 'christian', I didn't even believe in santa or the tooth fairly when I was growing up, why would I believe in sky daddies.

I am bi, so I can read homophobia, if you don't like other atheists being called homophobic, then grow a pair, as there are a lot of them out there.

The most homophobic people I ever met in RL and in internet forums were self-hating lesbian/transexual women who hated men as much as they did same-sex marriage. They make westboro look kind in comparison. :lol:

Where did I lump all atheists together?

I can attest to the fact that most of the atheist forums you can find in the internet are not where you find the average, mill of the run atheist (would recommend Facebook to find religious/atheist discussion groups that aren't made up of insensitive pricks).

Funny that you call me a 'christian', I didn't even believe in santa or the tooth fairly when I was growing up, why would I believe in sky daddies.

I am bi, so I can read homophobia, if you don't like other atheists being called homophobic, then grow a pair, as there are a lot of them out there.

The most homophobic people I ever met in RL and in internet forums were self-hating lesbian/transexual women who hated men as much as they did same-sex marriage. They make westboro look kind in comparison. :lol:

Cool. :eusa_shifty:

Just look at how much Michelle Bachman's husband hates gay's when he's gay himself. Or how much anti gay legislation did toe tapping Larry Craig pass? Or Mark Foley?

YES!!! SATAN AND DEMONS HATE TO SEE GOD'S WORD POSTED HERE TOO!!!and you??

A PERFECT representative of your church just came into my place of business. So funny. I said, "what happened to you on the first time free offer?" He said he was institutionalized. Later he said something about alcohol too but anyways I said I"m sorry but we can't give you another free trial bc our times is too valuable. I told you that when we first met so now you have to pay. I'll give you 4 for $105. He said he doesn't have the money right now because he just donated money to his church. :cuckoo:

Meanwhile his child is going without and he's giving money to the church. Now there's a fool Gismys. Even God agrees with me on that one. Or would if he existed. :D

I can't believe the church would take from him but that's exactly who they pray on. The weak, poor dumb.

Actually they pray on the rich too. The rich buy their way into heaven too just like the poor. God will take anyone's money.

Forum List

Back