Why do the God-haters persist?

Less than 10 posts after being cleaned up this thread is off the rails again! But I guess that is only to be expected given that the OP deliberately set it up to be divisive and disparaging of others.

Actually, no, you're confusing this with another thread that has been closed that actually WAS created to be divisive.

Boss has entered into this discussion with a good spirit, and it has repeatedly been trolled by the same trolls over...and over..and over...and over.

Trolls that include you. You appear just not to understand how this works.

No I wasn't talking about you, Boss. I was actually talking about others. Who take great delight, when they are unable to make a point, in addressing the motivations, thoughts and actions they have *assigned* to the group of people they have determined to behave discriminatorily towards.

When they can't get you on your actions, then they start to pretend your motivations are, in and of themselves, illegal. They assign a thought to you, and then make it illegal to have that thought.

How do people make things illegal all by themselves?
How does that work?

No I wasn't talking about you, Boss. I was actually talking about others. Who take great delight, when they are unable to make a point, in addressing the motivations, thoughts and actions they have *assigned* to the group of people they have determined to behave discriminatorily towards.

When they can't get you on your actions, then they start to pretend your motivations are, in and of themselves, illegal. They assign a thought to you, and then make it illegal to have that thought.

How does that work?

In regards to your sig line...

A Google search for "are there any professional atheists?" produces nothing. Just similar inquiries along the lines of religious topics.

I know of no "professional atheists".

Please produce a list of known "professional atheists". I've heard the term but never any evidense including a list of these so called "professional atheists".

How does that work?

A Google search for "are there any professional atheists?" produces nothing. Just similar inquiries along the lines of religious topics.

Please produce a list of known "professional atheists". I've heard the term but never any evidense including a list of these so called "professional atheists".

Who are you addressing?
Einstein is referring to the vociferous atheists that are strident.
Your literal understanding of Einstein's words is a bit silly. He is saying his agnosticism is a complete lack of belief in a personal god, but he isn't completely resistant to "something".

Last edited:
How does that work?

Who are you addressing?

^

Who are you addressing?

^

See update to last post of mine

Well, despite the fact god can't be proven, it amazes me you godlovers still persist. Please. Why are you people still believing? You can't possibility prove "god" is out there and listens to you. With all the madness and chaos in the world, hard to believe there is a GOD in this mess. I admire that. Noble.

they're not, they are just following a script.

the Garden is the Physical Presence and Proof of God's existance.

Sorry. I can't peel away your onion layer upon layer. Still with THAT sig. I don't care what Einstein said. He's not the boss of me. :lol:

I don't believe Einstein was genius in all things. There are many examples of scientists in history that got some things incredibly right and other aspects of understanding as backwards as the contemporary group of their time.

In a sense we are all genius now that we have the knowledge of the ages at our fingertips.

I can still remember the sweet chemical smell of the fresh mimeograph copies drying marking the last gasp end of printing in schools in the 50's and 60's. The decemination of some peoples opinion as fact has steadily been diluted to where it is today and everybody's opinion is for the taking and giving.

What is clear is just how stupid the average man or woman really is. They have no good argument supporting fairy tales so it is down to crying out about the "hate".

Why the hate ??? Is god such a bad guy ??? What did Jesus ever do to deserve such venom ???

You fucking CLOWNS !!! You have been BUSTED !!! Lying is WRONG !!!

S'MATTER WITH YOU GOOFY FUCKERS ??? Can't you be and do good without the lying ???

Tell ya what suckers. You stop the lying and I'll stop being mad about it.

Well, despite the fact god can't be proven, it amazes me you godlovers still persist. Please. Why are you people still believing? You can't possibility prove "god" is out there and listens to you. With all the madness and chaos in the world, hard to believe there is a GOD in this mess. I admire that. Noble.

because of things we and others experience.....

for example, a family from my church lost a daughter to cancer.....the parents and three friends were in her hospital room when she died.....the father had prayed "God if you have to take her from us, at least let us know she's with you".......when she died all five heard a choir of angels singing......the next morning as they were checking out, the night duty nurse asked them....."Pardon me but I have to know.....what was that CD you were playing last night......it was the most beautiful music I have ever heard"......

the unbelievers will accuse me of lying.......they will say it was a mass hallucination....irregardless, it is the answer to your question of why are we still believing.......

for example, a family from my church lost a daughter to cancer.....the parents and three friends were in her hospital room when she died.....the father had prayed "God if you have to take her from us, at least let us know she's with you".......when she died all five heard a choir of angels singing......the next morning as they were checking out, the night duty nurse asked them....."Pardon me but I have to know.....what was that CD you were playing last night......it was the most beautiful music I have ever heard"......

the unbelievers will accuse me of lying.......they will say it was a mass hallucination....irregardless, it is the answer to your question of why are we still believing.......

The night janitor with his boom box is saving the roach and laughing his ass off.

Sorry. I can't peel away your onion layer upon layer. Still with THAT sig. I don't care what Einstein said. He's not the boss of me. :lol:

I don't believe Einstein was genius in all things. There are many examples of scientists in history that got some things incredibly right and other aspects of understanding as backwards as the contemporary group of their time.

In a sense we are all genius now that we have the knowledge of the ages at our fingertips.

I can still remember the sweet chemical smell of the fresh mimeograph copies drying marking the last gasp end of printing in schools in the 50's and 60's. The decemination of some peoples opinion as fact has steadily been diluted to where it is today and everybody's opinion is for the taking and giving.

What is clear is just how stupid the average man or woman really is. They have no good argument supporting fairy tales so it is down to crying out about the "hate".

Why the hate ??? Is god such a bad guy ??? What did Jesus ever do to deserve such venom ???

You fucking CLOWNS !!! You have been BUSTED !!! Lying is WRONG !!!

S'MATTER WITH YOU GOOFY FUCKERS ??? Can't you be and do good without the lying ???

Tell ya what suckers. You stop the lying and I'll stop being mad about it.

I agree with most all of this, but side with Einstein on the humility toward it all.
Who knows?
What is absolutely certain is there is lots that we DON'T know.
No reason to invent anything to slip in the gaps, either god or any other claimed certainty, theological or scientific.
They are the unknown.
Period.
My hot button is poor argumentation.

Last edited:
We see them here everyday, interjecting their hate-filled insultuous attacks on the religious, mocking and ridiculing to a bizarre extreme, anything and everything to do with God. They largely profess to be "Atheists" although some, as if to denote a hint of reluctance to go quite that far, will claim agnosticism instead. Best play it safe if we're dealing with a super-force who can send you to the pits of hell for all eternity, eh? But they have a dirty little secret they don't want any of us to know. They are not, in fact, Atheists or agnostic.

True Atheists have absolutely no inclination to attack people who profess religious belief. If anything, they are amused by the "believers" and find them a bit of a novelty. Much like an adult who encounters a child believing in Santa or the Easter Bunny. There is no harm to the adult in such beliefs, the adult knows these are not real entities, and it's simply an amusement to them. In fact, they may even 'play along' with the idea, just in the name of fun. What does it hurt? No, you don't see hoards of smart-assed punks at the mall where Santa visits, ridiculing and belittling the people standing in line to see him. Message boards aren't clogged up with degenerate misfits decrying the belief of a giant bunny who brings candy and hides eggs, because it doesn't really matter to anyone that some people entertain this notion.

Oh but it's because those are just kids, Boss! Well okay, let's take the thousands of nutty conspiracy theories out there. Do you see any evidence of people devoting every waking hour to go on message boards and forums to "inform" these people how they are crazy and misinformed? Nope. It doesn't matter. As long as you know something is too far-fetched to be true, you could care less what other people think. If someone wants to think Elvis is still alive on some remote island, what difference does that make to me? I might be inclined to casually comment that I don't believe it, but I am certainly not devoting the bulk of my energy and time online to categorically try and refute any inkling of thought pertaining to such a theory. And I am certainly not going to the extreme efforts to ridicule and insult the nuts who believe such theories. It's just not that important to me, nor to anyone else for that matter.

But with the God-haters and God, things are quite different. Although they claim to be Atheists or agnostics, my suspicion is they are anything but. It appears they are devout believers in God, who fully understand the power of God and how much God influences others who believe in Him. To put it in simple terms, they fear God. They are afraid if they do not stand up and fight God with all their might, God may become a bigger influence and that wouldn't be good for them, for whatever reason.

Most of the time, these reasons center around that person's life choices. They have totally abandoned the God they very much believe in, so they can be unaccountable for their moral behaviors. As long as there is "no god" to judge them, they can do whatever they please and there are no consequences. It's important that we understand, any time someone is doing something immoral or wrong, they had rather have company. This provides a codependency, a way they can somehow justify their behavior to themselves.

So this is why the God-haters persist on message boards and forums, to 'recruit' people over to their way of thinking. They believe they can ridicule and cajole people into being ashamed of their beliefs and those people will ultimately join their faction. If nothing else, it is 'therapeutic' for them to vent their anger and vitriol toward the God they know is real, and they are almost certain to meet up with others who are doing the same thing.

more likely they can't live up to the standards and expectations set by god so they chose to tear him down rather than admit to their own shortcomings and failures.

By the way

I always thought God-haters were Satanists.
Yep, they believe in God, but argue Satan is more worthy of worship.

How did the atheists and agnostics get wrapped up in to the "God hating business"?

If anything, are not Atheist and agnostics more along the line of "religion denying/doubting" business?

We see them here everyday, interjecting their hate-filled insultuous attacks on the religious, mocking and ridiculing to a bizarre extreme, anything and everything to do with God. They largely profess to be "Atheists" although some, as if to denote a hint of reluctance to go quite that far, will claim agnosticism instead. Best play it safe if we're dealing with a super-force who can send you to the pits of hell for all eternity, eh? But they have a dirty little secret they don't want any of us to know. They are not, in fact, Atheists or agnostic.

True Atheists have absolutely no inclination to attack people who profess religious belief. If anything, they are amused by the "believers" and find them a bit of a novelty. Much like an adult who encounters a child believing in Santa or the Easter Bunny. There is no harm to the adult in such beliefs, the adult knows these are not real entities, and it's simply an amusement to them. In fact, they may even 'play along' with the idea, just in the name of fun. What does it hurt? No, you don't see hoards of smart-assed punks at the mall where Santa visits, ridiculing and belittling the people standing in line to see him. Message boards aren't clogged up with degenerate misfits decrying the belief of a giant bunny who brings candy and hides eggs, because it doesn't really matter to anyone that some people entertain this notion.

Oh but it's because those are just kids, Boss! Well okay, let's take the thousands of nutty conspiracy theories out there. Do you see any evidence of people devoting every waking hour to go on message boards and forums to "inform" these people how they are crazy and misinformed? Nope. It doesn't matter. As long as you know something is too far-fetched to be true, you could care less what other people think. If someone wants to think Elvis is still alive on some remote island, what difference does that make to me? I might be inclined to casually comment that I don't believe it, but I am certainly not devoting the bulk of my energy and time online to categorically try and refute any inkling of thought pertaining to such a theory. And I am certainly not going to the extreme efforts to ridicule and insult the nuts who believe such theories. It's just not that important to me, nor to anyone else for that matter.

But with the God-haters and God, things are quite different. Although they claim to be Atheists or agnostics, my suspicion is they are anything but. It appears they are devout believers in God, who fully understand the power of God and how much God influences others who believe in Him. To put it in simple terms, they fear God. They are afraid if they do not stand up and fight God with all their might, God may become a bigger influence and that wouldn't be good for them, for whatever reason.

Most of the time, these reasons center around that person's life choices. They have totally abandoned the God they very much believe in, so they can be unaccountable for their moral behaviors. As long as there is "no god" to judge them, they can do whatever they please and there are no consequences. It's important that we understand, any time someone is doing something immoral or wrong, they had rather have company. This provides a codependency, a way they can somehow justify their behavior to themselves.

So this is why the God-haters persist on message boards and forums, to 'recruit' people over to their way of thinking. They believe they can ridicule and cajole people into being ashamed of their beliefs and those people will ultimately join their faction. If nothing else, it is 'therapeutic' for them to vent their anger and vitriol toward the God they know is real, and they are almost certain to meet up with others who are doing the same thing.

more likely they can't live up to the standards and expectations set by god so they chose to tear him down rather than admit to their own shortcomings and failures.

Being agnostic isn't hedging my bet, it means that I see no proof either way to say for sure whether a god exists or not, that's all. I've always been interested in WHY people believe in the invisible superdude, with really no solid reason. Some here go as far as saying their invisible dude plopped down humans fully formed, again with nothing solid to back it up. I find that weird and interesting at the same time.

Being agnostic isn't hedging my bet, it means that I see no proof either way to say for sure whether a god exists or not, that's all. I've always been interested in WHY people believe in the invisible superdude, with really no solid reason. Some here go as far as saying their invisible dude plopped down humans fully formed, again with nothing solid to back it up. I find that weird and interesting at the same time.

As an agnostic, you go to far

how do they even know that god is even sentient? Let alone intended this if god was sentient?

Why do the God-haters persist?

It's mostly revealed religion haters. They just say "God" to piss the thumpers off. But they aren't nearly the threat that those who purvey the socialist brand of revealed religion are, at this point.

We can observe by your own words, you are far from an objective and fair-minded "agnostic" who accepts that it could be "either way." You clearly do not believe God is possible and think it is a silly irrational thing to believe. You detest the idea of God so much, you can't help but be disrespectful and call Him names.

You are a God-hater, plain and simple. You lie to people and tell them you are an "agnostic" because you believe this makes you appear more objective and reasonable. You're actually worse than a God-hater who claims to be an Atheist because you are attempting to dishonestly portray yourself as objective.

The night janitor with his boom box is saving the roach and laughing his ass off.

I accurately predicted what your reaction would be.....its what makes me a prophet.....

Forum List

Back