Zone1 Why do you need gods?

I sense a goodly amount of "Pharisee" in you.
Ironically it is you who is arguing the letter of the law as she argues the spirit of the law. If anyone is behaving like a religious zealot who embraces the form of religion instead of the spirit of religion, it's you.

You pick and choose the bits you like about God and jettison the rest. I do the same thing. I just jettison more of the stuff.

I'm surprised you don't get that.
Incorrect. That's not what she is doing at all. You were taught that everyone can know their fate. Catholics were taught the opposite. The consequence of what you were taught is to judge others. The consequence of what she was taught was to not judge others. Arguing evangelical theology with a Catholic won't work. It's not our theology.

Incorrect. That's not what she is doing at all.

I am not interested in your opinion of things you clearly haven't read.

Catholics were taught the opposite.

So you don't know what to do to achieve Salvation in Catholicism? Interesting.

The consequence of what she was taught was to not judge others. Arguing evangelical theology with a Catholic won't work. It's not our theology.

LOL. It used to be. You guys just don't know enough of your own history. The Scholastics were amazing.

The Catholic Church used to know it all very, very well. Which is why they murdered people who failed to believe as they did.

I'm glad you guys are no longer judgemental in any way. But now you seem to have no idea how salvation is achieved. That's gotta be rough.

LOL. It used to be. You guys just don't know enough of your own history. The Scholastics were amazing.
I've never known it to be any other way than no one knows their fate or the fate of others. Perhaps you can post something from the Catechism that proves otherwise.

Actually what you are doing is uncool.

Interesting. Care to elaborate? I sense you don't like anyone discussing God if they don't agree with you.

I hope I have not offended you. I understand your faith is quite important to you. With only a few minor exceptions.

Sola fide.

(HINT: Learn latin)
The disagreement between protestants and Catholics is about God's grace not man's faith. Protestants believe that God's grace alone is what "saves" us (whatever that means). The Catholic position is that God's grace is what inspires us to do good works. Grace and works are integrally linked together and cannot be separated.

The Catholic Church used to know it all very, very well. Which is why they murdered people who failed to believe as they did.
Perhaps you can post something from the Catechism that shows that Catholics believed they know their fate and the fate of others. I think you are thinking of evangelicals.
I'm glad you guys are no longer judgemental in any way. But now you seem to have no idea how salvation is achieved. That's gotta be rough.
Let's not get carried away. I'm no saint. ;)

As for "salvation" though (whatever that means), I don't spend anytime thinking about the destination as I am focused on the journey which is what my faith is all about. The journey. Not the destination.

I've never known it to be any other way than no one knows their fate or the fate of others. Perhaps you can post something from the Catechism that proves otherwise.

This might help just a bit:

While you may not know God's actualy DECISION you do, indeed, have specific rules for salvation. This is called "soteriology".

The Catholic Church DOES have rules for salvation

From the Catholic Catechism

1696: "The way of Christ "leads to life"; a contrary way "leads to destruction". ....shows the importance of moral decisions for our salvation.

Means for salvation (830, 980)

the requiment of baptism (1256-1257),

gift of salvation offered through Christ (1811)

Sacraments necessary for salvation (pg 1129)

"Service and witness to the faith necessary for salvation" (Pg1129)

So there DO appear to be rules even in Catholicism. Again, while I don't expect you to know the mind of God, it seems that there are rules that are to be followed.

Forum List

Back