Zone1 Why do you need gods?

Let's see....Your version of God is genocidal maniac. Your version of me is that everyone gets salvation. While both are wrong, at least I get off better than God. :)

Then if there are some who FAIL to get salvation that indicates that even in YOUR version of Catholicism there are rules specific to God to be granted salvation.

Ergo my original point still stands.

I think I know a goodly amount about Christianity and Catholicism. I think I've more than amply shown my bona fides.

Apart from lifting entire chapters in a cut-n-paste, let me know when you are up to the task of talking about this topic.
I think you think you know more about other people's religion than they do. Have you even read the Catechism of the Catholic Church?

The Bible sets forth many descriptions and perceptions of God, meaning people then--and now--see the same thing in a variety of ways.

Indeed. Which one is correct? Guess you have to pick a side and hope that you got the right one on Judgement Day.

The Biblical description that made the greatest imprint/impact on me is God being described as a tiny whispering sound.

And the biblical description of God as a jealous god who delivers cities over to be killed by the edge of a sword, that is best left in the dust.

And since I'm in little need of a tiny whispering sound I am more than happy to toss out the whole thing.

Like I said earlier: you and I only differ by degree.

Forum List

Back