Zone1 Why do you need gods?

But you get the point, right? Thousands of people killed each other over this little topic.

It's just a little difference? Nothing big? Well, the entire history of Christianity says quite differently.

But maybe that's just MAN making a big deal of the rules?

Unfortunately God's "rules" are only passed to us by humans.

The point being: IF GOD was clearly obvious to all observers (ie real) and His truths the most important truths in all of Creation then there would be no disagreements between his worshippers as to his nature and his rules.

Does that make sense? Can you POSSIBLY understand that point?
No. I don't get your point. Your point seems to keep shifting.

Interesting. Care to elaborate? I sense you don't like anyone discussing God if they don't agree with you.

I hope I have not offended you. I understand your faith is quite important to you. With only a few minor exceptions.
I thought I had made it clear when I posted that you are behaving like a religious zealot who embraces the form of religion instead of the spirit of religion.

I thought I had made it clear when I posted that you are behaving like a religious zealot who embraces the form of religion instead of the spirit of religion.

"For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled."
-Jesus

The point being: IF GOD was clearly obvious to all observers (ie real) and His truths the most important truths in all of Creation then there would be no disagreements between his worshippers as to his nature and his rules.
Is this really the point you have been arguing for 5 pages?

The answer to your new point is that different people have different perceptions and customs concerning God. Diversification is Darwinian. It's perfectly natural. Surely you can come up with a better reason for not believing in a Creator.

No. I don't get your point. Your point seems to keep shifting.

It says that there are rules that God wishes us to follow for Salvation.

Ergo: even if you don't know who, someone won't make the cut.

(Unless, of course, your version of Catholicism is one in which everyone gets salvation no matter what)

Is this really the point you have been arguing for 5 pages?

The answer to your new point is that different people have different perceptions and customs concerning God. Diversification is Darwinian. It's perfectly natural. Surely you can come up with a better reason for not believing in a Creator.

I agree! The God concept has evolved.

IT's very easy to evolve a concept. Much harder to evolve unchanging perfected truth.

I honestly at times wish I was talking to smarter people so you'd understand that point. But you aren't. Which is sad.)

"For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled."
-Jesus
Yep. And Amen. Doesn't mean free will is no longer in effect. You have a very simple view of people. People are complex. They make mistakes. They learn. So, I'm not seeing your point.

It says that there are rules that God wishes us to follow for Salvation.

Ergo: even if you don't know who, someone won't make the cut.

(Unless, of course, your version of Catholicism is one in which everyone gets salvation no matter what)
So you are saying that if you believed in God you could walk around pointing out all the people going to hell? You really were a protestant.

I agree! The God concept has evolved.

IT's very easy to evolve a concept. Much harder to evolve unchanging perfected truth.

I honestly at times wish I was talking to smarter people so you'd understand that point. But you aren't. Which is sad.)
No. People evolve. That's why your overly simplistic focus on rules is invalid.

Last edited:
Then you'll have NO PROBLEM showing me the language of 1Sam15:3 and how it means something rather different from the plain text.
It is more than just language. It is culture and history as well. It is also research into when the account was written, researching that time, and what intent(s) the author likely had. Then it is researching what scholars and experts have contributed over time. I have already mentioned this several times.
THen you will have no problem proving your point.
I have no point to prove. I am sharing what I learned through research. It is up to each individual to dismiss it, or do their own research, or accept me at my word. For me this is a discussion, not a debate.

It is more than just language. It is culture and history as well. It is also research into when the account was written, researching that time, and what intent(s) the author likely had. Then it is researching what scholars and experts have contributed over time. I have already mentioned this several times.

I have no point to prove. I am sharing what I learned through research. It is up to each individual to dismiss it, or do their own research, or accept me at my word. For me this is a discussion, not a debate.
I note you didn’t actually explain 1 Sam15:3

Feel free to do so. Thanks!

Forum List

Back