Why do you want right wing judges on the bench, what do you want

Falls under civil rights.

Really? Quote the part of the Constitution that applies.

The Civil Rights Act of 1964. Quote the constitution that abortion is illegal.

It's not about whether it''s legal or not. It's about if it's constitutionally protected or not. Nowhere in the Constitution will you find the words Marriage, Church and State, or Abortion.

Well then they can't make any laws concerning them can they? I guess the founders didn't find them imp. enough to stick in it.

Making laws were stopped by the constitutional protection the court gave abortions at the time. You can't make laws against the Constitution. However if Roe is ever reversed, then it goes back to the states how they want to handle abortion. And yes, then the states could make laws against it or some of it.
You're gonna give Penelope a headache!

Money is not speech, but the people with money are guaranteed the same right to free speech as people without money, and they have the right to pool their resources should they desire to do so, as do people without money.

No, guy, this is where you are confused. Transfers of wealth are not speech.

The Koch Brothers and Soros buying up all the air time is not helpful to a democracy... I'm sorry you guys don't get this.

from them?? What do you think they will do??

Just list them:

like repealing Roe v. Wade

Allow insurance companies to opt out of birth control?

Make no laws concerning guns.

End SSM

Start saying prayers in public schools.

Get rid of public schools.

End the EPA.

End ACA for good.

End all social programs , except for vets.

All I want is someone who will regard the Bill of Rights as sacrosanct protection of individual liberties to be interpreted literally.
You mean like Freedom of Religion, Freedom of Speech, Freedom of Assembly for starters?

Right to bear arms, Bodey-Odey-O?

Well yes, money is speech if you want your speech to be heard.

Then everyone should be given equal access to the airwaves, that would be the solution to that.

We used to have an equal time policy, where you had to give equal time to opposing views... that would seem reasonable and fair. Everyone gets their equal say, people can make up their own minds.

So I should be able to marry my father because he's 87, and I could use his SS benefits after he passes along?

Get your own SS, the marriage would not be legal.

Gay marriage was not legal either, dumbass!

The right to LIFE, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. Declaration of independence, the legal document establishing the United States of America.

Then everyone should be given equal access to the airwaves, that would be the solution to that.

We used to have an equal time policy, where you had to give equal time to opposing views... that would seem reasonable and fair. Everyone gets their equal say, people can make up their own minds.
Everyone has equal access to the airwaves.

The question of this thread was why do we want right wing judges on the bench. More to the point, why does anyone want unbiased judges on the bench at the USSC?

Why I want that is for them to revisit any case where a Justice openly declared to the public his/her bias on a case and how s/he would cast on it BEFORE the case was heard. This happened in 2015 for instance..

Same-sex marriage should be reversed. There is no mention of marriage in the Constitution, and marriage laws are state matters.

Just list them:

End SSM

End the EPA.

End ACA for good.

Except for vets?

White House: U.S. Can’t Afford Veterans’ Health Care Without Cuts

Proposed VA Benefit Cut Angers Elderly, Disabled Vets

Veterans Sustain Two Serious Defeats From Trump And The House To VA Health Care

-----------

The ignorant GOP base has this hilarious idea that Republicans would help veterans.

They would help veterans all right.

Only if they are billionaires, otherwise, they would help veterans over a cliff.

It's been that way for years. Like when they cut veterans food stamps and job training.

Republicans only help the rich. Everyone else, not at all.

Stops left wing Judicial Activism

What stops right wing judicial activism?

Sent from my SM-J727VPP using Tapatalk
Hiring Constitutionalist..................Kav is a by the book on past rulings Judge...........his case history confirms that.

Yet constitutional republicans don't mind sending our military to attack other countries without a declaration of war.

Ha! Did you type that with a straight face? Obama is the king of attacking countries without even consulting Congress, much less asking for authorization. You changed the rules so now you can live with it!

Which countries did we attack under Obama that the UN was not involved in???

Those goal posts re being moved again, aren't they? Since when is the UN a substitute for Congress under the War Powers Act?

So why should it be a right to get married?

Its a right to get the same benefits as heterosexuals marriages. That is why they legalized it.
You know the first amendment.

So I should be able to marry my father because he's 87, and I could use his SS benefits after he passes along?

Where in the Constitution? Are you incapable of reading above a third grade level?

Politics today depends on television and radio ads. The concern is not about political junkies that watch the MSM. It's to reach out to people that don't follow politics. Those are the people who will make the difference in elections.

That's your job! Since is not there, it falls to the states under the 10th Amendment. Have a nice day!

Stops left wing Judicial Activism

What stops right wing judicial activism?

Sent from my SM-J727VPP using Tapatalk
Hiring Constitutionalist..................Kav is a by the book on past rulings Judge...........his case history confirms that.

Yet constitutional republicans don't mind sending our military to attack other countries without a declaration of war.

Ha! Did you type that with a straight face? Obama is the king of attacking countries without even consulting Congress, much less asking for authorization. You changed the rules so now you can live with it!

Which countries did we attack under Obama that the UN was not involved in???

The UN is not the one that makes the decision whether the US goes to war, nor is the UN above the Constitution. Congress not the UN authorizes whether we go to war or not.

Penelope, let me tell you how well ACA worked. My brother was unemployed. He was on Medicaid. Whenever he went to the doctor his office visit was free, his lab tests were free, and his prescriptions were free. When he did get a job, they dropped him from Medicaid and he went on "Obamacare" proper. His premiums were $700 a month, which was well over half his income, plus he had a $4000 deductible. If he had fallen and broken a bone, he would pay every penny out of pocket that he would have paid even if he had no insurance at all. Then he would STILL have to pay $700 month.

Who can survive on that? He just took the penalty and paid it because that was NOTHING compared to his premiums that got him zero coverage for the first $4000 out of pocket.

Made too much money I guess to get a higher subsidy. Obviously your brother was highly uninformed.

He made $11.00 an hour. You are a typical libtard, You are so stupid that you don't even realize how stupid your are!

You know I hate to comment, so much goes unsaid, what state do you live in ? and how many hours did he work. Also what plan was he on, how much money do people who live with him, how many are on his ins, all these questions make a different. You just can't tell me what he makes and that it and expect me to think he knows what he is talking about.

Ha Ha, nothing can get me down , I just watched the Lions beat the Packers. Love it.

Why should I give you another chance to spread your ignorance? I wish they would come up with a vaccine for ignorance and that would eradicate liberalism forever!

I know of only one sure fire cure for liberalism, but that involves expending one round from a sufficient caliber weapon directly into the cranium.

Just FYI, he worked 40 hours a week in Kentucky. I have other numerous friends and relatives who simply could not afford Obamacare because the costs were so exceptionally high. My grandsons were on the state's insurance program for years and it cost them almost nothing for coverage. Now that my daughter has insurance, my grandson's medication is $300.00 per month. The problem with you libtards is you don't live in the real world where people are getting hammered by your stupid solutions to problems that did not exist before.

Two Years Later: How Kynect Has Impacted Kentucky’s Healthcare System | THCB

Well they have a state run plan so I don't know but it insured lots of people:
Kentucky and the ACA’s Medicaid expansion: eligibility, enrollment and benefits

Kentucky health insurance marketplace: history and news of the state’s exchange: Obamacare enrollment

Even though the subsidies are getting a lot smaller now, Trump made sure of that. So if you have a problem look at TRump and his ACA, and its blank.

It's Kentucky's version of Medicaid, dumbass!

Just list them:

End SSM

End the EPA.

End ACA for good.

Simple. They're the opposite of left wing judges you jerks want. We won, you lost and you're now suffering want Barry called the consequences. Too funny, huh?

Politics today depends on television and radio ads. The concern is not about political junkies that watch the MSM. It's to reach out to people that don't follow politics. Those are the people who will make the difference in elections.

which is why it's kind of bad that a few rich people are dominating that discussion, dummy.

sorry you don't get this.

Just list them:

End SSM

End the EPA.

End ACA for good.

All I want is someone who will regard the Bill of Rights as sacrosanct protection of individual liberties to be interpreted literally.
You mean like Freedom of Religion, Freedom of Speech, Freedom of Assembly for starters?
Right and where have I ever had a problem with any of that ?

If you want to imply I have a problem with these things then find a quote of mine that supports your implication

Forum List

Back