Why does California want to ban rifles with detachable magazines and bullet buttons...anyone?

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
Just wondering what the lack of a thought process was involved in this attack on the 2nd Amendment.....

What exactly is the reason for this new law? What will it allegedly do? What was the problem it is meant to solve?

And please...back this up with real statistics....

Just wondering what the lack of a thought process was involved in this attack on the 2nd Amendment.....

What exactly is the reason for this new law? What will it allegedly do? What was the problem it is meant to solve?

Because they are liberal ass clowns.

What law? Is it a done deal?

It is in the new batch of gun control laws coming out of California...they are being discussed by the gun sites.......and they just got past some committee.....I think...

Is the gun black and scary looking? BAN IT

As a conservative I'll leave it to Californians to decide the laws of their state.

As a conservative I'll leave it to Californians to decide the laws of their state.
Huh? When did they have a say? Like many states the liberals in the big cities put the liberals in office. And they move there because they fucked up the last place they lived.
thats what happened to California a few decades ago.....but liberals have always been there.....its their far left cousins who moved in over those decades who fucked the place up.....now many are moving to your States.....enjoy......

Huh? When did they have a say?

Every election
Nope. Nobody elected the 9th circuit court either.

They elected the president who appointed the justices on the 9th circuit as well as the Senators who confirmed them.
So it was done by elitists, not the people.

You know exactly the reason for the law.

Huh? When did they have a say?

Every election
Nope. Nobody elected the 9th circuit court either.

They elected the president who appointed the justices on the 9th circuit as well as the Senators who confirmed them.
So it was done by elitists, not the people.

You get what you vote for. I rarely blame the politicians for their destruction of America as they are merely a reflection of the imbeciles who voted them in to do it.

You know exactly why the law was proposed--it is to stop Joe Citizen from mowing down other citizens with military style weapons that can spew many bullets very fast, like the San Bernardino shooters used.

From The Gun Nut, Field and Stream "Why I Hate Detachable Magazines"
Petzal: Why I Hate Detachable Magazines
Say amen. There’s only one rational reason to design a rifle with a detachable magazine, and that is for military use, where you have to stuff as many rounds in the gun as quickly as you can.

The guy above loves guns. But he calls detachable magazines what they are and what they are for. Your law abiding citizen does not need military style weapons and neither do the crooks who can also buy them.

From The Daily Caller, by NRA ILA contributor:
Anti-Gun Activist: Ban All Detachable-Magazine Semi-Automatics
Obviously, a ban on firearms that can use detachable magazines would prohibit the manufacture of all modern semi-automatic pistols and general-purpose semi-automatic rifles such as the AR-15. These firearms together account for a majority of new firearms sold in the United States. Of course, that is precisely why banning guns based upon their ability to use detachable magazines appeals to Sugarmann.

Bullet buttons are used in California to get around the law banning assault weapons.
Bullet button - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
After certain rifles with detachable magazines and certain other features were classified as assault weapons under California State law, gun owners and manufacturers sought various ways to obtain certain styles of rifles similar to those determined to be assault weapons. One of the most common modifications is the use of a part known as a bullet button, which modifies a rifle so that the magazine is not removable without the use of a tool

You have spewn your numbers at me many times, 2AGuy, but I don't ever recall you answering my question, Why do those nice, law abiding gun owners in America need military-style assault weapons designed solely to kill more people more quickly? For self-defense, a hand gun or another type of rifle would work equally well. That's the only answer I want from you, not an argument about outlawing guns generally.

Forum List

Back