Why does California want to ban rifles with detachable magazines and bullet buttons...anyone?

Just wondering what the lack of a thought process was involved in this attack on the 2nd Amendment.....

What exactly is the reason for this new law? What will it allegedly do? What was the problem it is meant to solve?

And please...back this up with real statistics....
To look like they're doing something when they're not really doing anything is my guess. Window dressing.

Then there's nothing to be soiling oneself over.
Not much to worry about, no...but because these politicians in CA think gun control is a winner for them. Nothing wrong with opposing this stupidity and remaining vigilant.

You should go back a revisit how Reagan got all about gun control as gov of CA when the Black Panthers decided they could open carry too.
He was being racist...

Just wondering what the lack of a thought process was involved in this attack on the 2nd Amendment.....

What exactly is the reason for this new law? What will it allegedly do? What was the problem it is meant to solve?

You know exactly why the law was proposed--it is to stop Joe Citizen from mowing down other citizens with military style weapons that can spew many bullets very fast, like the San Bernardino shooters used.

From The Gun Nut, Field and Stream "Why I Hate Detachable Magazines"
Petzal: Why I Hate Detachable Magazines
Say amen. There’s only one rational reason to design a rifle with a detachable magazine, and that is for military use, where you have to stuff as many rounds in the gun as quickly as you can.

The guy above loves guns. But he calls detachable magazines what they are and what they are for. Your law abiding citizen does not need military style weapons and neither do the crooks who can also buy them.

From The Daily Caller, by NRA ILA contributor:
Anti-Gun Activist: Ban All Detachable-Magazine Semi-Automatics
Obviously, a ban on firearms that can use detachable magazines would prohibit the manufacture of all modern semi-automatic pistols and general-purpose semi-automatic rifles such as the AR-15. These firearms together account for a majority of new firearms sold in the United States. Of course, that is precisely why banning guns based upon their ability to use detachable magazines appeals to Sugarmann.

Bullet buttons are used in California to get around the law banning assault weapons.
Bullet button - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
After certain rifles with detachable magazines and certain other features were classified as assault weapons under California State law, gun owners and manufacturers sought various ways to obtain certain styles of rifles similar to those determined to be assault weapons. One of the most common modifications is the use of a part known as a bullet button, which modifies a rifle so that the magazine is not removable without the use of a tool

You have spewn your numbers at me many times, 2AGuy, but I don't ever recall you answering my question, Why do those nice, law abiding gun owners in America need military-style assault weapons designed solely to kill more people more quickly? For self-defense, a hand gun or another type of rifle would work equally well. That's the only answer I want from you, not an argument about outlawing guns generally.
Here's the rub old girl, you don't get to decide what I need or don't need.the 2nd was written with you in mind
I don't know who you are, but I do know who doesn't need guns. And since people like 2AGuy won't allow anything to slow down the carnage, someone has to decide something. It cannot continue the way it is.

Sure it can, and it will

The only gun issue out there is the endless attack on our civil rights to acquire, shoot and transfer personal property

-Geaux
The gun issue is 16,000 or so deaths a year (not suicides) caused by guns in the U.S. If that many people were dying of a disease, the CDC would be all over it. Why not guns?

You know exactly why the law was proposed--it is to stop Joe Citizen from mowing down other citizens with military style weapons that can spew many bullets very fast, like the San Bernardino shooters used.

Say amen. There’s only one rational reason to design a rifle with a detachable magazine, and that is for military use, where you have to stuff as many rounds in the gun as quickly as you can.

The guy above loves guns. But he calls detachable magazines what they are and what they are for. Your law abiding citizen does not need military style weapons and neither do the crooks who can also buy them.

Obviously, a ban on firearms that can use detachable magazines would prohibit the manufacture of all modern semi-automatic pistols and general-purpose semi-automatic rifles such as the AR-15. These firearms together account for a majority of new firearms sold in the United States. Of course, that is precisely why banning guns based upon their ability to use detachable magazines appeals to Sugarmann.

Bullet buttons are used in California to get around the law banning assault weapons.
After certain rifles with detachable magazines and certain other features were classified as assault weapons under California State law, gun owners and manufacturers sought various ways to obtain certain styles of rifles similar to those determined to be assault weapons. One of the most common modifications is the use of a part known as a bullet button, which modifies a rifle so that the magazine is not removable without the use of a tool

You have spewn your numbers at me many times, 2AGuy, but I don't ever recall you answering my question, Why do those nice, law abiding gun owners in America need military-style assault weapons designed solely to kill more people more quickly? For self-defense, a hand gun or another type of rifle would work equally well. That's the only answer I want from you, not an argument about outlawing guns generally.
You don't know the first thing about any firearms, your so-called "military style was assault weapon" It's just the sporting rifle... dumbass
Actually, I looked up these "sporting rifles" and how many bullets they can fire in a minute without reloading. If you and your friends need that kind of firepower to get your deer, you're the dumbasses.

You don't know the first thing about any firearms, your so-called "military style was assault weapon" It's just the sporting rifle... dumbass
Actually, I looked up these "sporting rifles" and how many bullets they can fire in a minute without reloading. If you and your friends need that kind of firepower to get your deer, you're the dumbasses.

the 2nd amendment is not about"sporting rifles" sport

And is this a problem?

there are over 3,750,000 million AR-15 rifles alone in the country, this does not add in the Ruger Mini-14s, AKs and all the other rifles with a detachable magazine.......how many are used in a crime each year...

between 2 - 4?

Cars accidentally kill 35,000 people a year...just for some perspective....

How is this a real problem again, considering how many Americans have these weapons for self defense, sport, hunting and collecting and never use them for crime....

Please......tell me why they are a problem.
I just did. As a gun lover pointed out, There’s only one rational reason to design a rifle with a detachable magazine, and that is for military use, where you have to stuff as many rounds in the gun as quickly as you can.
Why do those nice, law abiding gun owners in America need military-style assault weapons designed solely to kill more people more quickly?

Where did you get 2 - 4? If so, please enlighten us about those incidents and how many people were injured and killed during the crimes. The Aurora shooter, the San Bernardino shooters and others have used those military style weapons to kill large numbers of people as quickly as possible. Exactly what they were designed for. You are right, though, that my focus on rifles was a bit off base. Apparently handguns are the biggest problem, at least in Chicago: Graphic: The Most Popular Crime Guns in Chicago, Ranked

So once again, I've argued my way out of a moderate position. The guns in Chicago, according to the cops, are being purchased in neighboring states with loopholes in their gun control laws. The Gun control laws you oppose. I don't see how you can argue for law and order when you reflexively oppose the laws that would help keep guns out of the hands of criminals.
You obviously don't know your ass from a hole in the ground about firearms from what you just said... Lol
Only a fucking moron would think that more laws is a solution… Dumbass

And is this a problem?

there are over 3,750,000 million AR-15 rifles alone in the country, this does not add in the Ruger Mini-14s, AKs and all the other rifles with a detachable magazine.......how many are used in a crime each year...

between 2 - 4?

How is this a real problem again, considering how many Americans have these weapons for self defense, sport, hunting and collecting and never use them for crime....

I just did. As a gun lover pointed out, There’s only one rational reason to design a rifle with a detachable magazine, and that is for military use, where you have to stuff as many rounds in the gun as quickly as you can.
Why do those nice, law abiding gun owners in America need military-style assault weapons designed solely to kill more people more quickly?

Where did you get 2 - 4? If so, please enlighten us about those incidents and how many people were injured and killed during the crimes. The Aurora shooter, the San Bernardino shooters and others have used those military style weapons to kill large numbers of people as quickly as possible. Exactly what they were designed for. You are right, though, that my focus on rifles was a bit off base. Apparently handguns are the biggest problem, at least in Chicago: Graphic: The Most Popular Crime Guns in Chicago, Ranked

So once again, I've argued my way out of a moderate position. The guns in Chicago, according to the cops, are being purchased in neighboring states with loopholes in their gun control laws. The Gun control laws you oppose. I don't see how you can argue for law and order when you reflexively oppose the laws that would help keep guns out of the hands of criminals.
The military style is NOT military grade you dumb fuck... Lol

Here's the rub old girl, you don't get to decide what I need or don't need.the 2nd was written with you in mind
I don't know who you are, but I do know who doesn't need guns. And since people like 2AGuy won't allow anything to slow down the carnage, someone has to decide something. It cannot continue the way it is.

Sure it can, and it will

The only gun issue out there is the endless attack on our civil rights to acquire, shoot and transfer personal property

-Geaux
The gun issue is 16,000 or so deaths a year (not suicides) caused by guns in the U.S. If that many people were dying of a disease, the CDC would be all over it. Why not guns?

Sure, if the CDC wants to treat the human disease that causes one to murder, then go at it. I'm just confused why the CDC would be interested in the gun though

-Geaux

And is this a problem?

between 2 - 4?

Once again you're stupid as fuck there is no gun show loophole people are not buying these weapons from gun shows. Most all firearms used in crimes are stolen or come from south of the border… LOL

Because those rifles are protected by the 2nd Amendment, for one. The people who own them are not criminals....second, and because for practical reasons they are great for self defense and a lot of people enjoy competing with them....

Do you acknowledge that all of the current mass shootings could have been comitted with an 1800's lever action rifle.....with no detachable magazine......or a pump action shotgun...with no detachable magazine.....or revolvers, with no detachable magazine....

There is no reason to ban these weapons...they are not used in crimes, they are used by the super, duper majority of owners for legitimate, and Constitutionally protected reasons.

Also...at the very core of the issue......any weapon that the police and military have....all citizens need to have access to them as well.....that is what keeps mass murder, genocide and ethnic cleansing from ever forming in the little minds of evil politicians....
You have shared this last argument with me before, and excuse me but I find all you boys who think you can defend yourselves against the US military as utterly, pathetically laughable. You still haven't told me, actually, why nice, law abiding normal gun owners need military-style assault weapons. You've simply given me your standard argument for why guns shouldn't be taken away. If the current mass shootings were committed with an 1800's lever action rifle with no detachable magazine or a pump action shotgun or a revolver with no detachable magazine, less people would have been killed and injured. There might be more kids alive in Newtown. That is the grisly hill I am standing on. Less destruction.
Are you stupid in the head, the military is the US citizen that believes in the Second Amendment and right to bear arms they are not going to stand up for some fucked up progressive control freak commander-in-chief you dumb fuck… LOL

Because those rifles are protected by the 2nd Amendment, for one. The people who own them are not criminals....second, and because for practical reasons they are great for self defense and a lot of people enjoy competing with them....

Do you acknowledge that all of the current mass shootings could have been comitted with an 1800's lever action rifle.....with no detachable magazine......or a pump action shotgun...with no detachable magazine.....or revolvers, with no detachable magazine....

There is no reason to ban these weapons...they are not used in crimes, they are used by the super, duper majority of owners for legitimate, and Constitutionally protected reasons.

Also...at the very core of the issue......any weapon that the police and military have....all citizens need to have access to them as well.....that is what keeps mass murder, genocide and ethnic cleansing from ever forming in the little minds of evil politicians....
The second amendment gives us the right to bear arms (at least according to some people's reading of the amendment). It does not specify which types. We can't buy grenades. Why not? Aren't they "arms?" So what makes you say every type of gun should be legal?
Some of the people who own them ARE criminals or insane, and they use them to kill and injure many innocent people.
As you pointed out, the mass shootings that have taken place could have been done with a pump action shotgun or lever action rifle, or a revolver, all with no detachable magazine. Good. Let them try shooting up an entire movie theater with one. A lot more people could have gotten away alive or uninjured if he had used those slower, less lethal weapons.
Can you just speak English and address these points in particular without your usual pivot to why guns aren't the problem?
JUST A HINT: If you want someone to listen to you, it helps not to always start with "You are wrong." Just sayin'.
bdd4af1ae61249e13212ec1616e7282a.jpg

Gun violence is a non-issue in this country, much bigger fish to fry. Dumbass

Sure it can, and it will

-Geaux
Most the gun deaths in this country, homicide wise are gang related... Dumbass
Those People don't obey laws... You're Stupidly naïve. Lol

OK, you want to play that game - what is the difference between an AR15 sporting rifle and M4 military grade weapon besides a couple thousand dollars??

And is this a problem?

between 2 - 4?

You obviously don't know your ass from a hole in the ground about firearms from what you just said... Lol
What's so dumb about limiting the number of bullets per minute a gun can fire? Makes perfect sense.

Sure it can, and it will

-Geaux
They are still people. Dying. And sometimes hitting innocent bystanders with their bullets.
In Chicago this week, 140 people were related in a gang/drug bust. Only 23 illegal firearms were confiscated. Only 23 of those people had guns? Or were only 23 illegal?

And is this a problem?

between 2 - 4?

What's so dumb about limiting the number of bullets per minute a gun can fire? Makes perfect sense.
They are already limited to how fast a person can pull a trigger on the sporting rifle, it's called a semi-auto.
Very, very few people are killed every year by such rifles in this country. Its a non-issue.

Gun violence is a non-issue in this country, much bigger fish to fry. Dumbass
Sez you. And only you.

And is this a problem?

between 2 - 4?

They are already limited to how fast a person can pull a trigger on the sporting rifle, it's called a semi-auto.
Very, very few people are killed every year by such rifles in this country. Its a non-issue.
Tell that to the folks in Aurora. Newtown. San Bernardino. Oh, wait, you can't. They're dead.

Sure it can, and it will

-Geaux
They are still people. Dying. And sometimes hitting innocent bystanders with their bullets.
In Chicago this week, 140 people were related in a gang/drug bust. Only 23 illegal firearms were confiscated. Only 23 of those people had guns? Or were only 23 illegal?
How Will more frivolous laws help this?
Shit happens, criminal control not gun control...

Forum List

Back