Zone1 Why Does God Allow Us to Suffer?

Yes. When suffering entered the equation He could have ended the entire thing right there in the Garden.

He did not.

It was worth it.

The act of a single person condemned 100 billion people and counting to a life of suffering and toil.

Yeah, I don’t get it.

Why didn’t He just smite all the sinners (with a snap of His fingers) and save His only child a lot of pain and suffering.
What if? I've never found that a good way to make one's way through life. What is...it's more practical.

I'm just not humble enough for stuff like that. There are good people praying their hearts out for their cancer striken children. But your car. That's what got God off his ass. You people are sick
An omnipotent God can multitask. Bad things happen to good people. Otherwise this would not be earth but heaven. There would be no people only angels.

I thought about praying for your soul but then felt the strong urge to withdraw that prayer--you and others in this thread. Jesus Himself said, "wipe the dust off your feet and move on".

That's where you might be right now. You toss casual words around about Christians going to boiler rooms, having no idea about the state of your own soul. It's very sad, but here we are.
If you're annoyed by my posts why don't you pray for me to stop?

My fiancee and I currently feel abandoned by God with some real life struggles and are currently feeling miserable about it.

We're both wondering if He loves us so much then why does it currently seem like He's ignoring our prayers and allowing us to suffer without getting any answers whether they be yes or no? Just some kind of acknowledgement at least that He's listening.

I thought that Jesus was supposed to answer when you called on His name, but I called for Him until I was blue in the face last night and still nothing. 😞
Have you considered the possibility that there's no one there?

I thought about praying for your soul but then felt the strong urge to withdraw that prayer--you and others in this thread. Jesus Himself said, "wipe the dust off your feet and move on".

I could be wrong but I don't think that's what Jesus meant by that. I don't think that you're ever supposed to stop praying for somebody to see the light, but trying to reason with somebody who's unwilling personally is like trying to negotiate with a brick wall. That's why it should be in God's hands now.

Yes. When suffering entered the equation He could have ended the entire thing right there in the Garden.

He did not.

It was because Adam and Eve had sinned, were undeserving of it, and Jesus hadn't entered the world yet. Which btw, I'm not sure why my Christmas and Easter comment got a laugh because it's true.

God showed His love for us by humbling Himself and being born in a stable and then dying on the cross for our sins. Hence Christmas and Easter wouldn't exist if He hated us.

Forum List

Back