Zone1 Why Does God Allow Us to Suffer?

My fiancee and I currently feel abandoned by God with some real life struggles and are currently feeling miserable about it.

We're both wondering if He loves us so much then why does it currently seem like He's ignoring our prayers and allowing us to suffer without getting any answers whether they be yes or no? Just some kind of acknowledgement at least that He's listening.

I thought that Jesus was supposed to answer when you called on His name, but I called for Him until I was blue in the face last night and still nothing. 😞
God is not ignoring your prayers, he’s answering them. Those struggles are to change you for the better. When a door closes go look for an open door. God will show you where it’s at.

Your attitude needs to be ‘okay, so where do I go from here’ rather than insist to God things need to go the way you think you should.

I can’t count how many times I’ve had bad things happen in my life, but when I look back I understand why they happened and I’m now better off for it. My motto in the final chapters in my life is “I plan, God chuckles” because I know I’m going to have my plans diverted at some point. But I’m old enough to understand it is for the better in the long run.

You need to read the Bible because that isn't how you make it to Heaven.
It's basically an Islamic concept. But similar hints are found in the bible.

1703701503647.png

Many possibilities.
1. There is no God.
2. There is a God, but you’re worshipping the wrong one.
3. Your suffering is part of the “plan”.
4. God is not personal and doesn’t interfere with his creations.
5. God is personal but is vindictive, capricious, and cruel.
6. Maybe God doesn’t hear our pleas, can’t do anything about them, and doesn’t know or care about our small doings and problems.

Creator never makes us feel like that.
NOT TRUE at all!

I ha ve felt this way many times (as OP says). Still, when I really stop to think of things, I realize that He IS listening. I also realize He is doing things, but sometimes you have to LOOK very hard, or so it seems. Sometimes things get answered in bits and pieces... and we have to accept that--have to accept the process God is having us endure.

Maybe in a sense you are correct to say that the Lord does not make us feel that way. But He allows it... allows the devil and his followers (who are legion) to make us feel this way. But God is omnipotent and so... Why does He allow all this evil from Satan?

I have thought of it this way: If someone owns a pitbull and knows that the animal will attack people, but does nothing to control it (like have it on a leash) and it indeed attacks people and harms them, isn't the owner of the dog responsible?

And so we sometimes criticize God---or however u put it

Forum List

Back