Why does God hide himself?

If everyone became agnostic and purely scientific and philosophical from the modern viewpoint, they would know God.
"Know God" is not scientific, not agnostic. It's a fantasy, like "talking to God" delusions.
What I am saying is that if one is open minded (i.e. agnostic) and looks at the information that is available to them (i.e. scientific), then they will naturally conclude that God does exist. Of course this assumes they are intelligent so this rules you out.

Just because a person believes in God , gives them no card blanch to determine who is intelligent and who is not. Insulting believers are just a group we must add to the list of "Fake believers news", believers who report on things based on their arrogant views , instead of plain truth.
Right, intelligence is demonstrated. It can be observed.

In many Christians like yourself it can be demonstrated ; your self righteousness and attitude of " I'm right , I'm right , and I am right all the time" , can be observed. You are the perfect example of Christian superiority and selfishness complex where the things of God are concerned.
Would you rather I say things I don't believe just so you will feel better? My beliefs are based on sound reasoning and facts and I explain the basis for my beliefs. If you can't handle it, don't say stupid stuff or be able to back up what you say with reason and facts. If you make a good argument, I'll agree with you. It is as simple as that.

"Know God" is not scientific, not agnostic. It's a fantasy, like "talking to God" delusions.
What I am saying is that if one is open minded (i.e. agnostic) and looks at the information that is available to them (i.e. scientific), then they will naturally conclude that God does exist. Of course this assumes they are intelligent so this rules you out.

Just because a person believes in God , gives them no card blanch to determine who is intelligent and who is not. Insulting believers are just a group we must add to the list of "Fake believers news", believers who report on things based on their arrogant views , instead of plain truth.

In many Christians like yourself it can be demonstrated ; your self righteousness and attitude of " I'm right , I'm right , and I am right all the time" , can be observed. You are the perfect example of Christian superiority and selfishness complex where the things of God are concerned.
Would you rather I say things I don't believe just so you will feel better? My beliefs are based on sound reasoning and facts and I explain the basis for my beliefs. If you can't handle it, don't say stupid stuff or be able to back up what you say with reason and facts. If you make a good argument, I'll agree with you. It is as simple as that.

I couldcareless to have your agreement. You got the people your talking to mixed up; Your words are meaningless to me. I know that God hides himself from Christianity because of their pride; your pride is just proof of that. Welcome to " I see through you."

God isnt hiding from people people are hiding from God . Selfish lives need a absence of God to assuage guilty feelings. Lets face it if you honestly believe in God you would NEVER kill a unborn baby.

Christians would never admit to even having the mindset of a killer; that requires too much honesty. Christians kill with their lips and with their judgments.
Funny considering more killing is done under the banner of no God then ever under God. this even includes the Muslim terrorists.

I couldcareless to have your agreement. You got the people your talking to mixed up; Your words are meaningless to me. I know that God hides himself from Christianity because of their pride; your pride is just proof of that. Welcome to " I see through you."
That's good because I have not seen you write anything yet that has made sense.

Explain to the people just why you keep looking?

Why? You are the one who claims God is hiding. Have you found Him yet?

Why? You are the one who claims God is hiding. Have you found Him yet?[/QUOTE

Why are you so interested in what I write? Why are you on this thread? Why not go where the rest of the Christians are?

Why not consort with your ilk?

God isnt hiding from people people are hiding from God . Selfish lives need a absence of God to assuage guilty feelings. Lets face it if you honestly believe in God you would NEVER kill a unborn baby.

Christians would never admit to even having the mindset of a killer; that requires too much honesty. Christians kill with their lips and with their judgments.
Funny considering more killing is done under the banner of no God then ever under God. this even includes the Muslim terrorists.

Christians are not under God , they created their own banner.

I really don't know God that well , of course I would like to; but I have no need to pretend that I know God ; I mean God would want me to be honest about knowing him. Notice Isaiah 45:15, " Truly you are a God that hides himself; O God of Israel , the Saviour." Why would God hide himself?

Notice Job 36:26 " Behold , God is Great , and we know him not! Neither can the number of his years be searched out." Many believers in God like to claim that they know him , but his word says that we don't. They have been trained to" Assume they know God", and their pride has been swelled so much, they lack the humility to admit they do not know God.

God is Great, and we know him not! Most believers will simply ignore this teaching in the word of God. God is indeed Great, he must be! I think its unusual that God hides himself from , I think , all humans! There are no exceptions, unless God makes the exception.

But I want to look into some biblical reasons as to " Why" God actually does this.

Isaiah 45:15, is a simple statement that God cannot be represented by wooden or molten images. Job notes God can never be adequately defined in words.

Now that we know that God is not playing a game of Hide and Seek with us, our approach to Him can begin on another level, one of which is, Where can God be found? The Book of Kings recommends seeking God in the tiny whispers.

God is spirit, and we are made of body, soul, and spirit. A form of prayer that may be helpful is silencing the mind (as much as possible) of all thought and noise. Let God come and commune with you in the silence, spirit to spirit. I am not advocating all prayer take this form, because I also feel articulating our problems, needs, and thanksgiving is equally as vital.

I really don't know God that well , of course I would like to; but I have no need to pretend that I know God ; I mean God would want me to be honest about knowing him. Notice Isaiah 45:15, " Truly you are a God that hides himself; O God of Israel , the Saviour." Why would God hide himself?

Notice Job 36:26 " Behold , God is Great , and we know him not! Neither can the number of his years be searched out." Many believers in God like to claim that they know him , but his word says that we don't. They have been trained to" Assume they know God", and their pride has been swelled so much, they lack the humility to admit they do not know God.

God is Great, and we know him not! Most believers will simply ignore this teaching in the word of God. God is indeed Great, he must be! I think its unusual that God hides himself from , I think , all humans! There are no exceptions, unless God makes the exception.

But I want to look into some biblical reasons as to " Why" God actually does this.

Isaiah 45:15, is a simple statement that God cannot be represented by wooden or molten images. Job notes God can never be adequately defined in words.

Now that we know that God is not playing a game of Hide and Seek with us, our approach to Him can begin on another level, one of which is, Where can God be found? The Book of Kings recommends seeking God in the tiny whispers.

God is spirit, and we are made of body, soul, and spirit. A form of prayer that may be helpful is silencing the mind (as much as possible) of all thought and noise. Let God come and commune with you in the silence, spirit to spirit. I am not advocating all prayer take this form, because I also feel articulating our problems, needs, and thanksgiving is equally as vital.

The" Silence" is another new age tatic; its sweeping the new age movement. And sweeping your thoughts as well. It will sweep Christianity , because Christianity is gullible.

Why are you so interested in what I write? Why are you on this thread? Why not go where the rest of the Christians are?

Have you found Him yet?

What's it feel to be meaningless to a thread?
It's not so bad. Have you found God yet?

Oh its bad , because your pride demands that you be the most important voice in a thread. It won't allow you to be anything less in your mind. Donald Trump has the same problem ; he " Must be!" He must be relevant or he will have hissy fits. The hissy fits of Ding is legendary here.

Have you found Him yet?

Oh its bad , because your pride demands that you be the most important voice in a thread. It won't allow you to be anything less in your mind. Donald Trump has the same problem ; he " Must be!" He must be relevant or he will have hissy fits. The hissy fits of Ding is legendary here.
It's not near as bad as you not being able to find God.

Have you found Him yet?

Your judgments of my dealings with God are meaningless. Your personal view of how God views me are meaningless. You listen to your own press , your not as important as you think you are.

God withdraws from Christians because they are too condemning of others. You get off on putting others down with your religious opinions.

God hides from Christianity because they are too harsh on humanity.

The" Silence" is another new age tatic; its sweeping the new age movement. And sweeping your thoughts as well. It will sweep Christianity , because Christianity is gullible.

If New Age people are using silence, they may have learned it from Christianity. It has been a form of prayer for centuries. Both Teresa of Avila and John of the Cross (not to mention others) practiced it. Certainly I learned of it decades before New Age came into vogue.

It appears that God's presence in Christianity underscores scripture that things of God cannot be adequately portrayed or described. ;)

Have you found Him yet?

Your judgments of my dealings with God are meaningless. Your personal view of how God views me are meaningless. You listen to your own press , your not as important as you think you are.

God withdraws from Christians because they are too condemning of others. You get off on putting others down with your religious opinions.

It seems to me that the only person here doing any condemning is you.

If New Age people are using silence, they may have learned it from Christianity. It has been a form of prayer for centuries. Both Teresa of Avila and John of the Cross (not to mention others) practiced it. Certainly I learned of it decades before New Age came into vogue.

God is at a distance , believers will try anything to get in touch with him. Silence is just another idiotic method for people to manipulate God.

I personally think all those efforts are meaningless. God loves us no matter what we do. Christians just have a bad habit of limiting salvation in their teachings. They have been hell hounds for decades.

Forum List

Back