Why does God hide himself?

... Others believe that God is omnipresent and omnipotent, which contradicts what you stated.
These Medieval concepts come from Augustine as he tried to morph Platonic Philosophy with early Christianity.
Medieval concepts, as in blind leading the blind?
Honestly, i can't understand why so many people get hooked on folklore from thousands of years ago.
Why not observe what's going on TODAY with education & experience based on modern philosophy & objective "knowledge"?
Be honest about what we don't know!
I take the agnostic position.

... Others believe that God is omnipresent and omnipotent, which contradicts what you stated.
These Medieval concepts come from Augustine as he tried to morph Platonic Philosophy with early Christianity.
Honestly, i can't understand why so many people get hooked on folklore from thousands of years ago.
Why not observe what's going on TODAY with education & experience based on modern philosophy & objective "knowledge"?
Why would you do that? You have been given more than enough information to see that there is intelligence behind the creation of the universe; that "Mind, rather than emerging as a late outgrowth in the evolution of life, has existed always as the matrix, the source and condition of physical reality - that the stuff of which physical reality is composed is mind-stuff. It is Mind that has composed a physical universe that breeds life, and so eventually evolves creatures that know and create.” Professor George Wald, Nobel Laureate, 1984, “Life and Mind in the Universe”, International Journal of Quantum Chemistry: Quantum Biology Symposium 11, 1984: 1-15.

Why would you do that? You have been given more than enough information to see that there is intelligence behind the creation of the universe; that "Mind, rather than emerging as a late outgrowth in the evolution of life, has existed always as the matrix, the source and condition of physical reality - that the stuff of which physical reality is composed is mind-stuff. It is Mind that has composed a physical universe that breeds life, and so eventually evolves creatures that know and create.” Professor George Wald, Nobel Laureate, 1984, “Life and Mind in the Universe”, International Journal of Quantum Chemistry: Quantum Biology Symposium 11, 1984: 1-15.
"I do not believe in a personal God and I have never denied this but have expressed it clearly. If something is in me which can be called religious then it is the unbounded admiration for the structure of the world so far as our science can reveal it." (Albert Einstein, 1954)

Last edited:
"The religion of the future will be a cosmic religion. It should transcend personal God and avoid dogma and theology. Covering both the natural and the spiritual, it should be based on a religious sense arising from the experience of all things natural and spiritual as a meaningful unity. Buddhism answers this description. If there is any religion that could cope with modern scientific needs it would be Buddhism." (Albert Einstein)
Did you have a point?

It is my guess that if everyone became agnostic and purely scientific and philosophical, and all ancient religions including Islam and Protestantism, all died, then the God(s) would likely send another Moses or Jesus or Muhammad.

It is my guess that if everyone became agnostic and purely scientific and philosophical, and all ancient religions including Islam and Protestantism, all died, then the God(s) would likely send another Moses or Jesus or Muhammad.
God(s)? Give me a break. There is only one Creator.

God(s)? Give me a break. There is only one Creator.
You know that how?

If everyone became agnostic and purely scientific and philosophical from the modern viewpoint, all religions would exist in cultural museums.
We would accept ignorance about origins and marvel about the mysteries in our universe ... maintaining an objective, open mind about evidence we discover.

If everyone became agnostic and purely scientific and philosophical from the modern viewpoint, all religions would exist in cultural museums.
We would accept ignorance about origins and marvel about the mysteries in our universe ... maintaining an objective, open mind about evidence we discover.
If everyone became agnostic and purely scientific and philosophical from the modern viewpoint, they would know God.

If everyone became agnostic and purely scientific and philosophical from the modern viewpoint, they would know God.
"Know God" is not scientific, not agnostic. It's a fantasy, like "talking to God" delusions.

"Know God" is not scientific, not agnostic. It's a fantasy, like "talking to God" delusions.
What I am saying is that if one is open minded (i.e. agnostic) and looks at the information that is available to them (i.e. scientific), then they will naturally conclude that God does exist. Of course this assumes they are intelligent so this rules you out.

What I am saying is that if one is open minded (i.e. agnostic) and looks at the information that is available to them (i.e. scientific), then they will naturally conclude that God does exist. Of course this assumes they are intelligent so this rules you out.

Just because a person believes in God , gives them no card blanch to determine who is intelligent and who is not. Insulting believers are just a group we must add to the list of "Fake believers news", believers who report on things based on their arrogant views , instead of plain truth.

• Thanks
Reactions: PK1
Be careful what you wish for. You might end up getting it.

Agreed ... and then God(s) would need to send another Moses or Jesus, etc.

I really don't know God that well , of course I would like to; but I have no need to pretend that I know God ; I mean God would want me to be honest about knowing him. Notice Isaiah 45:15, " Truly you are a God that hides himself; O God of Israel , the Saviour." Why would God hide himself?

Notice Job 36:26 " Behold , God is Great , and we know him not! Neither can the number of his years be searched out." Many believers in God like to claim that they know him , but his word says that we don't. They have been trained to" Assume they know God", and their pride has been swelled so much, they lack the humility to admit they do not know God.

God is Great, and we know him not! Most believers will simply ignore this teaching in the word of God. God is indeed Great, he must be! I think its unusual that God hides himself from , I think , all humans! There are no exceptions, unless God makes the exception.

But I want to look into some biblical reasons as to " Why" God actually does this.
View attachment 114201

Perhaps you're looking in the wrong places... God's hiding right in plain sight.

*****HAPPY SMILE*****

:)

It's not that God is hiding. It's simply that there are those who refuse to look. Everyone is born with an awareness of God. There will be no excuses on Judgement Day.

I really don't know God that well , of course I would like to; but I have no need to pretend that I know God ; I mean God would want me to be honest about knowing him. Notice Isaiah 45:15, " Truly you are a God that hides himself; O God of Israel , the Saviour." Why would God hide himself?

Notice Job 36:26 " Behold , God is Great , and we know him not! Neither can the number of his years be searched out." Many believers in God like to claim that they know him , but his word says that we don't. They have been trained to" Assume they know God", and their pride has been swelled so much, they lack the humility to admit they do not know God.

God is Great, and we know him not! Most believers will simply ignore this teaching in the word of God. God is indeed Great, he must be! I think its unusual that God hides himself from , I think , all humans! There are no exceptions, unless God makes the exception.

But I want to look into some biblical reasons as to " Why" God actually does this.
View attachment 114201

Perhaps you're looking in the wrong places... God's hiding right in plain sight.

*****HAPPY SMILE*****

:)

It's not that God is hiding. It's simply that there are those who refuse to look. Everyone is born with an awareness of God. There will be no excuses on Judgement Day.

Thank God there will be no Christians in charge of handling those who make excuses. We won't need that bloodthirsty element.

Just because a person believes in God , gives them no card blanch to determine who is intelligent and who is not. Insulting believers are just a group we must add to the list of "Fake believers news", believers who report on things based on their arrogant views , instead of plain truth.
Right, intelligence is demonstrated. It can be observed.

God isnt hiding from people people are hiding from God . Selfish lives need a absence of God to assuage guilty feelings. Lets face it if you honestly believe in God you would NEVER kill a unborn baby.

Right, intelligence is demonstrated. It can be observed.

In many Christians like yourself it can be demonstrated ; your self righteousness and attitude of " I'm right , I'm right , and I am right all the time" , can be observed. You are the perfect example of Christian superiority and selfishness complex where the things of God are concerned.

God isnt hiding from people people are hiding from God . Selfish lives need a absence of God to assuage guilty feelings. Lets face it if you honestly believe in God you would NEVER kill a unborn baby.

Christians would never admit to even having the mindset of a killer; that requires too much honesty. Christians kill with their lips and with their judgments.

Forum List

Back