Why does God hide himself?

What these terms imply to me:
"hard wired" = innate, something one is born with
"formed" = instructed, educated, socialized
"brainwashed" = restructuring, wiping out old formation and supplying new
"enlightened" = becoming intimately aware of the unity of 'self' and 'other', transcending perception

In Philosophy we discuss what people are born with, and the fairly universal conclusion among philosophers is that they are born with perception abilities only. Everything else is tabula rasa.

In education, there are things like methodologies such as mathematics which are not opinionated. This is "education" in the purest sense of the word.

Anything political, religious, opinionated, or conclusionary (even evolution and the big bang) are brainwashing.

Thus, innate seeking for 'God' is absent of free will.
It all depends on how you came to the conclusion that such a God might/may exist.

There are people who show no interest in religion at all. These are called agnostics.

There are people who deny religion completely. These are called atheists.

There are people who believe in a God but feel he/she/they is/are too distant to help us. This is called Deism. That's me.

There are people who believe that angels are watching over them. This is called Theism. Whatever floats your boat.

Whatever is innate about them is hard to say since they are each such different kinds of people.

The innate mind seeks after answers to its own questions.

God is a popular answer to the question of how did everything and us get here? How did the celestial bodies that we can see get their motion? Why are biology and astronomy so beautiful? Why are physics and mathematics so well ordered?

Some people seem to reach out and seek a God for all of this.

Anciently almost everyone did the same. And they created several gods -- entire pantheons. Now we call that superstition.

Belief that is 'hard wired' negates the concept of 'free will'.
How so? Do people still not have to execute? Does their execution still not show they make choices that are good and evil? Man prefers good over evil. He doesn't always choose it, he just rationalizes that he does.

Thus, innate seeking for 'God' is absent of free will.

When a child gets lost in a dark forest, it cries out for mommy or daddy.

When an adult whether they are a believer, atheist, agnostic, theist, spiritual or just superstitious, realizes that they have lost their way and their mind, they cry out to God.

"enlightened" = becoming intimately aware of the unity of 'self' and 'other', transcending perception
Do you believe science when it tells you that we are hardwired for morality?

The Moral Life of Babies

Is Morality Innate and Universal? | DiscoverMagazine.com

Are we born with a moral core? The Baby Lab says 'yes' - CNN.com

God hides himself because he is busy. He is working and Jesus is working.

God hides himself because he is busy. He is working and Jesus is working.
You know that how?
Others believe that God is omnipresent and omnipotent, which contradicts what you stated.

I go by scripture, which is informative to Theist ; John 5:17 , Jesus said he and the Father are working.

God is not omnipresent. I disagree with others.

... Others believe that God is omnipresent and omnipotent, which contradicts what you stated.
These Medieval concepts come from Augustine as he tried to morph Platonic Philosophy with early Christianity.

When a child gets lost in a dark forest, it cries out for mommy or daddy.

When an adult whether they are a believer, atheist, agnostic, theist, spiritual or just superstitious, realizes that they have lost their way and their mind, they cry out to God.
As do I but normally it is in the form of an expletive more than a petition.

:D

Forum List

Back