Why Does It Seem Like Obama Is Getting Everything He Wants?

Obama isn't getting hardly anything he wants. The illusion is that the GOP has made everything an all or nothing proposition. So when they can't get it all, they feel as though they've gotten nothing and the further away from the center of the political spectrum you are, the more pain you're in for.

After the Zimmerman verdict, there was something like a 2 week period there where the "We're so fucked" threads took a vacation. A black kid being killed seems to appease some people. I guess the bloom is off the rose.

If he isn't getting what he wants feel free to let me know what that is.

He got Obamacare,
2 years ago. Get over it loser.
he's getting away with Benghazi
Nothing to get away with there loser.
IRS abuses, NSA
It was investigated...again conservative superstition is an all or nothing proposition and since this scandal didn't bring down the entire government, you feel cheated.

Look at it this way, when 9/11 happened and we had an intelligence collapse on a scale that resulted in the deaths of 3,000 Americans, nobody was fired or resigned as I recall. More scalps have been gotten over this minor scandal than that.

spying on every American
He got a court order to carry out spying and notified Congress of the program.
The same program has been in place for something like a decade. If you're surprised by this, you're either not paying attention or simply stupid.

he got re-elected even though the economy sucked.
He was the superior choice to the guy you picked to run against him.

He's been given a Nobel Prize for doing nothing but promise to bring peace instead of the chaos he's brought.
Really? He brought chaos to the globe? :cuckoo:

They even gave him a Grammy.
I didn't know that....you're really obsessed with picking out all the ways the President hurts your witt'le feelings.

Who the hell just said Levin's a tool? Are you fucking crazy? Who said that?

I did. He is a tool. :cool:

My Satellite Radio subscription ended in my rig. One of the sadder things about this was that I can't turn on the radio and listen to all the reasons he's pissed off at whatever happened today.

He's a pathetic toothache of a "man" but he is entertaining.

My Satellite Radio subscription ended in my rig. One of the sadder things about this was that I can't turn on the radio and listen to all the reasons he's pissed off at whatever happened today.

Who the hell just said Levin's a pathetic toothache of a man? Who said that? Just wait until Tinydancer hears about this. :tongue:

My wild-ass-guess is that we'll look back on the Obama administration and say yes, this was the turning point. But it won't completely because of Obama, it will also be about the culmative effects of liberalism in general, an educational system, a media, and a culture (via Identity Politics) that have been pushing in that direction for decades now.

I could even argue that it's a chicken-or-the-egg issue: Did Obama create "the change", or was he the result of it?

So, as I've been babbling for quite a while, here we go: A move away from federalism and towards central planning; deeper divides between races and less assimilation by immigrants; more dependence on government; more scorn and punishment for individual achievement and effort; deeper political divides but a clear momentum for the Democrats due to their wildly successful Identity Politics strategy; a culture in clear decay; continued lowered standards and expectations and the inevitable resulting decline.

Not trying to sound alarmist, we've already passed the tipping point. So the question is how well those of us who are not thrilled by this can adapt to it.

Give the credit/blame to Obama, or consider the possibility that he's the result and not the driving force.

Last edited:
It was really special when Obama got the gun control measures he wanted put in place.
And his jobs program he put in front of Congress, he got that didn't he?
And a job at the White House. He did get that though I am sure he now wonders why in the fuk he bothered.

Its easier to destroy than to create/preserve. As long as he is able to prevent the Americans who care from fixing all the problems, its mission accomplished as far as he is concerned.

Its easier to destroy than to create/preserve. As long as he is able to prevent the Americans who care from fixing all the problems, its mission accomplished as far as he is concerned.

I know what you mean? Which Republican "leader" were you thinking of?

A political target perhaps, but has anyone been taken out and shot? That's what I think of when I hear the word "tyranny". It's that kind of hyperbole that causes people to discount the Obama-haters.

Excuse me?

Taken out and shot? Is that the standard?

There are other ways of taking people out. One of them is destroying their lives. This is the first time I've seen the kind of abuse that the White House has been dishing out. The only thing that even comes close to some of the thuggish behavior we've witnessed from Obama was when LBJ blackballed Eartha Kitt for mouthing off to him in public.

Hmmm...try suggesting that to Val Plame.

Valarie Plame outed herself more than anyone. Nobody would have even noticed the little slip that took place other than the fact that she personally was driving the scandal in an attempt to nail Bush or Cheney with some sort of criminal activity. Her husband decided to personally prove Bush was a liar and went on a phony tour of Africa looking for phony scandals. Turns out Saddam had purchased tons of yellow cake uranium because we found tons of the stuff in Iraq.

I'm trying to see just exactly how Valarie Plame's reputation was ruined and how she had to leave her job and go work for McDonalds. I don't know of any Black Panthers putting out million dollar death warrants for her and her husband. I haven't heard of ABC or NBC doctoring videos and 911 calls in an attempt to massage the details or completely change what she said or did. We have seen all of this coming from Obama, the White House, and his state run media.

Last edited:
[I]"Why Does It Seem Like Obama Is Getting Everything He Wants?" [/I]

Obama gets MOST of what he wants because he is a leader and Nation builder - not a petty whiner, obstructionist and promoter of phony scandals

And has a huge 'likeable' number!

While Republicans have a huge 'unlikeable' number

See how that works?

:)

Last edited:
It was really special when Obama got the gun control measures he wanted put in place.
And a job at the White House. He did get that though I am sure he now wonders why in the fuk he bothered.

Obama did put in place new regulations. They were already in place before Sandyhook happened.
His jobs program is a distraction. He doesn't have one.
Yes, he got the Oval Office. Course he spends more time flying around the world than working there.

Why Does It Seem Like Obama Is Getting Everything He Wants?

not the impression I'm getting...

seems lately that the media hoards have sensed a blooded and weakened Obama...

and, just like that, have turned on him...

no longer his faithful lap dogs...

but rather hounds unleashed and hungry for fresh meat...

That has more to do with the fact that nobody in his administration knows anything and keeps repeating there is no evidence of wrongdoing, even after they already apologized for their wrongdoing. Obama said what happened was terrible and he would not rest till he gets to the bottom of it, then he wastes everyone's time stonewalling Congress and stonewalling the press. The latest version of their story is that the GOP is just making it all up. It's clear that if the right people were interested Obama would be toast, but they aren't. Obama would have been gone long ago it he wasn't in with the right people.

[I]"Why Does It Seem Like Obama Is Getting Everything He Wants?" [/I]

Obama gets MOST of what he wants because he is a leader and Nation builder - not a petty whiner, obstructionist and promoter of phony scandals

And has a huge 'likeable' number!

While Republicans have a huge 'unlikeable' number

See how that works?

:)

Obama won elections using phony scandals. He whines about everything. He never accepts blame where blame is due. The only people that like his sorry ass is blacks or a few sycophants who never will admit they wish Hillary had won. His approval ratings are nearing Bush levels. Currently Bush is more popular than Obama. Bush left office with a 40% approval rating and Obama is currently at 41%. Bush is at 49% as of last month.

George W. Bush's ratings improve

I don't like listening to him. He's a troll.

My wild-ass-guess is that we'll look back on the Obama administration and say yes, this was the turning point. But it won't completely because of Obama, it will also be about the culmative effects of liberalism in general, an educational system, a media, and a culture (via Identity Politics) that have been pushing in that direction for decades now.

I could even argue that it's a chicken-or-the-egg issue: Did Obama create "the change", or was he the result of it?

So, as I've been babbling for quite a while, here we go: A move away from federalism and towards central planning; deeper divides between races and less assimilation by immigrants; more dependence on government; more scorn and punishment for individual achievement and effort; deeper political divides but a clear momentum for the Democrats due to their wildly successful Identity Politics strategy; a culture in clear decay; continued lowered standards and expectations and the inevitable resulting decline.

Not trying to sound alarmist, we've already passed the tipping point. So the question is how well those of us who are not thrilled by this can adapt to it.

Give the credit/blame to Obama, or consider the possibility that he's the result and not the driving force.

He was the lynch pin that got the ball really rolling. Most of the changes were happening under the surface. He just brings it out in the open. He's the progressive spokesman who is tasked with making us used to all of the changes. His job is to keep us from bringing down our government like the Arab Spring. I can't give him enough credit for being a driving force for anything good. He's just a careless playboy who is enjoying life while the world goes down in flames around him. He specializes in organized chaos, if there is such a thin. Stealing elections and putting the right people in the right places of power is what he taught at the University of Chicago for 12 years, and what he put into practice with "Project Vote", the Chicago Annenberg Challenge, and through his "Camp Obama" program. He has direct ties to SEIU and ACORN, which originated in Chicago and his friend Andy Stern who helped push through the Stimulus bill. Stern worked as an adviser to Obama starting in 2010.

Obama couldn't get anymore Stimulus bills after the GOP won the House, so he went around them and started printing $85 billion a month and buying up bonds in the market causing the stock market to go to unheard of heights. It's all just a house of cards built on cheap currency.

Last edited:
our debt is larger, more people are on entitlements, we are spying on our own citizens and now using drones to do so, we are spending more on the defense budget even though we claim to be ending wars, we are giving aid to terrorist nations, unemployment is still up. jobs are shifting form FT jobs with benefits to part time jobs with no benefits, racial strife is up, our rights are being attacked from multiple angles, government remains non transparent, partisanship is at it's worse, satisfaction with government performance is at its lowest, the infrastructure is still crumbling, we are about to greatly extend benefits to a segment of society that provides no return or benefit to society with obamacare.

What has improved in the last 5 year? I can't think of anything.

Obama and his party are successful because we GOP are still trying to pacify the neo-cons and socons.

Nonsense, let the far right reactionaries and social traditionals either toe the line or go start another party.

Otherwise, our far right will keep scaring the shit out of the rest of America and keep voting for Dems.

It also doesn't help that the GOP continues to try to repeal Obamacare--what 40 times now--and loses every time.

When your team loses 40 times at anything, it's pretty easy to think the other guy is always winning as a result.

To just mention a few things he didn't get...

Silly thread but I'm disturbed that the GOP is so frustrated that they're assuming the position of a defeatist party.

I wish we had two parties to choose from. One thing that won't get mentioned is the mile-deep fissures in the GOP; in a binary situation; you have a winner and a loser. When you're in a trinary system where you have two strains of conservatives you can actually come in third place in a two-horse race.

I think that is the primary source of the angst these losers feel. Good.:lol:

Forum List

Back