Why does Jerry Brown say water shortage is from global warming??

dear if you have evidence I lied I will pay you $10,000. Bet?? This is legally binding yes or no question.
Do you deny you said there were no reservoirs built in the last 30 years, which would mean since 1985, because that is your easily proven lie. Now agree to leave when I prove it or STFU.

Well, when the total number of dams built by the State from 1989 to now, is TWO, Diamond Valley and Los Vaqueros with a combined storage capacity of a little over 1 million acre feet, it is easy to see how they could have missed those. Below is a list of the dams built over the years. The majority of the new ones built by municipalities are small, 200 acre feet or smaller. The overwhelming majority of dams being built are private ownership.

http://www.water.ca.gov/damsafety/docs/Jurisdictional2014.pdf

Republican here. HARDCORE fiscal conservative.
National Glacier Park Montana when it was founded 1910 had 150 glaciers
Today there are 25 glaciers in National Glacier Park
By 2030, 15 years there will be zero 0 glaciers in Glacier National Park
What makes things melt that were once frozen?
A. Climate is getting cooler
B. Climate is getting warmer

B is the only answer.

Only a complete dumb ass, no shortage of them here, would claim the climate is not warming now and has been at an unprecedented rate since late 1800s unlike any other recorded ice core data spanning thousands of years and recorded temperatures since late 1800s. Just a few degree rise which is what has happened over the last 100 years and continues to happen melts glaciers world wide has caused the glaciers to disappear, 25 now down 125 melted in 100 years.
Now that we have that undisputed fact out of the way we can debate what causes it and how much of it is man made. I am open to that as rash decisions need not be made to hurt our competitiveness world wide but a few things are certain, increased development causes runoff from streets and concrete and that warms the waterways more and pollution warms the water. I fish and hog oysters Apalachicola Florida for 45 years. Far more parasites in the fish now, due to warmer water and oyster shoals, as well as coral reefs, are dying off because of warm water. Denying that makes one ignorant as that is indisputable fact also.

"Why does Jerry Brown say water shortage is from global warming??"

Why does Moonbeam say anything?

Idiocy breeds idiots and idiots say idiotic stuff. Idiotic stuff leads to idiotic policy which idiots proclaim idiotic stuff to sustain and defend.

Leftism rests entirely in idiocy.

if you have evidence I lied I will pay you $10,000.
dear for it to be legally binding you have to accept the bet and agree to pay if you are mistaken. Do you understand??
Actually, you clearly state you will pay if I have evidence, so I am not obligated to pay you anything. You have already welshed 7 times, so it is obvious you will not pay money you don't have now when you lose now.

What I will do is loser leaves the board, which puts a risk on both of us.

B is the only answer.

Only a complete dumb ass, no shortage of them here, would claim the climate is not warming now and has been at an unprecedented rate since late 1800s unlike any other recorded ice core data spanning thousands of years and recorded temperatures since late 1800s. Just a few degree rise which is what has happened over the last 100 years and continues to happen melts glaciers world wide has caused the glaciers to disappear, 25 now down 125 melted in 100 years.
Now that we have that undisputed fact out of the way we can debate what causes it and how much of it is man made. I am open to that as rash decisions need not be made to hurt our competitiveness world wide but a few things are certain, increased development causes runoff from streets and concrete and that warms the waterways more and pollution warms the water. I fish and hog oysters Apalachicola Florida for 45 years. Far more parasites in the fish now, due to warmer water and oyster shoals, as well as coral reefs, are dying off because of warm water. Denying that makes one ignorant as that is indisputable fact also.

Yeah... the earth's climate has been warming, which is likely due to the warming cycle, which typically follows cooling cycles. So, yeah... .

The fascinating thing now is what happens NEXT? Hot-cold-hot-cold-hot-cold-hot-cold-hot... There's simply NO WAY TO KNOW!

B is the only answer.

Yeah... the earth's climate has been warming, which is likely due to the warming cycle, which typically follows cooling cycles. So, yeah... .

The fascinating thing now is what happens NEXT? Hot-cold-hot-cold-hot-cold-hot-cold-hot... There's simply NO WAY TO KNOW!

Your claim that 150 glaciers melting in 115 years is "a warming cycle" is absurd.
Funny you offer that while everyone else here says there is NO warming, period.

How is it possible for there to be NO warming at all going on coming out of one side of your mouth yet when presented with evidence that there IS and HAS been warming out of the other side of your mouth it is "Oh, my bad, it HAS been warming but it is the "earth's cycle of warming."

Sounds like BS to me Moe.

there is no proof whatsoever yet he proclaims it with great confidence much like other liberals say "hands up don't shoot" and "Romney paid no taxes" with great confidence. The water shortage comes from a 60% increase in population in the last 30 years, no new reservoirs , and
letting 70% of rain water run off into the ocean.

Jerry Brown's lie seems especially egregious since, 1) it is a lie to absolve himself and liberals for responsibility for the shortage, and 2) it is a very dishonest way to promote global warming.
I see scientists the world over laughing at you deniers of global warming.

"Deniers"?

LOL! That's a pretty cool word. Now how far can we be from being called "HERETICS!"?

If Jeb Bush was Governor of Cally instead of Jerry, you think this mess would be the no. 1 story in the media 24/7? being he is a republican?

dear if you have evidence I lied I will pay you $10,000. Bet?? This is legally binding yes or no question.
Do you deny you said there were no reservoirs built in the last 30 years, which would mean since 1985, because that is your easily proven lie. Now agree to leave when I prove it or STFU.
Well, when the total number of dams built by the State from 1989 to now, is TWO, Diamond Valley and Los Vaqueros with a combined storage capacity of a little over 1 million acre feet, it is easy to see how they could have missed those. Below is a list of the dams built over the years. The majority of the new ones built by municipalities are small, 200 acre feet or smaller. The overwhelming majority of dams being built are private ownership.
http://www.water.ca.gov/damsafety/docs/Jurisdictional2014.pdf
So now the liars are quibbling over size and number since they can no longer deny reservoirs were built in the last 30 years.

Diamond Valley Lake is a man-made offstream reservoir located near Hemet, California, United States. It is one of the largest reservoirs in Southern California and also one of the newest. With a capacity of 800,000 acre feet (990,000,000 m3), the lake nearly doubled the area’s surface water storage capacity and provides additional water supplies for drought, peak summer, and emergency needs.[2]

The Metropolitan Water District of Southern California began the $1.9 billion construction project in 1995. Filling of the lake, by way of the Colorado River Aqueduct, began in 1999 and was completed in 2003.[3] The lake is currently served by the Inland Feeder.

The Los Vaqueros Reservoir was completed by the Contra Costa Water District (CCWD) in 1998 to improve the quality of drinking water for its 550,000 customers in Central and Eastern Contra Costa County in Northern California. The name vaquero is Spanish and means "cowboy" in English. The reservoir is accessible via Vasco Road from Brentwood, California and Livermore, California. An expansion project begun in 2010 raised the height of the dam to increase storage capacity from 100,000 acre-ft to 160,000 acre-ft of water.

New Spicer Meadow Reservoir is a reservoir in Stanislaus National Forest in the Sierra Nevada, in Tuolumne County, near the Alpine County line, at an elevation of 6,621 feet (2,018 m). The 189,000 acre foot (233,000,000 m3) reservoir is formed by New Spicer Meadow Dam on Highland Creek, a tributary of the Stanislaus River. The 265-foot (81 m) tall dam is composed of rock-fill and was completed in 1989. Additional water is diverted from the North Fork of the Stanislaus River by the North Fork Diversion Dam and a two-mile (3 km) tunnel. Downstream from the dam, the water continues flowing in Highland Creek until it meets the North Fork of the Stanislaus River.

Calaveras County Water District owns the dam. Water from the reservoir supplies drinking water and water for recreation and irrigation. Also, along with the Northern California Power Agency, the water district sells electricity from the 5.5-MW hydroelectric plant at the base of the dam. They also operate the 253-MW Collierville Powerhouse on the North Fork of the Stanislaus River.

The Olivenhain Dam is a gravity dam near Escondido, California. The dam was constructed between 1998 and 2003 as part of San Diego's Emergency Storage Project with the primary purpose of water supply for municipal use. It does not sit on a river or stream but is supplied with water by a system of pumps and pipes. The dam is connected to Lake Hodges and the Second San Diego Aqueduct. It is constructed of roller-compacted concrete and is the first of its type in California.

Seven Oaks Reservoir is a reservoir on the Santa Ana River in San Bernardino County, California, about 8 miles (13 km) northeast of the city of Redlands. The reservoir is formed by Seven Oaks Dam, which was completed in 1999.

The United States Army Corps of Engineers built the zoned earth-and-rock-fill dam at the foot of the San Bernardino Mountains to protect against flooding in the eastern portion of the Greater Los Angeles Area. Its maximum height is 550 feet (168 m) above the pre-existing streambed and 650 feet (198 m) above the lowest portion of the foundation. The reservoir is medium-sized at 147,970 acre feet (182,520,000 m3), though it is a bit large for a reservoir whose sole purpose is flood control, which means that water is released as soon as safely possible, while still slow enough to allow water to seep into the streambed, recharging the groundwater aquifer. Also, releases are coordinated with Prado Dam, which is 40 miles (60 km) downstream.

Global Warming is a religion. Just as primitive people in the past cried to the Rain Gods for rain, the primitive thinkers today worship the AGW god.

It makes about as much sense as any other religion.

B is the only answer.

Your claim that 150 glaciers melting in 115 years is "a warming cycle" is absurd.

I didn't make any such claim. Glaciers are ice... so their nature is to melt where they exist in climates with an average temperature above 32 degrees. So, it follows that since most of the real estate of the earth has been enjoying temperates averaging well above 32 degrees, that most glaciers would be either in the state of 'melted' or 'melting'.

Funny you offer that while everyone else here says there is NO warming, period.

Well, I'm not much of a joiner... but, from what I can see, the earth's climate is roughly what it has been for the last 54 years. Which is the extent of my personal experience with it. In that experience, the earth's core is located roughly where the center of Dallas, TX... the hottest place on earth... suffering temperatures of Death Valley and the humidity roughly equal to that common to the deepest parts of the Amazon Jungle.

In general, the argument is whether or not humanity is causing the Climate to Warm. It's not.

How is it possible for there to be NO warming at all going on coming out of one side of your mouth yet when presented with evidence that there IS and HAS been warming out of the other side of your mouth it is "Oh, my bad, it HAS been warming but it is the "earth's cycle of warming."

Hey, it's your straw reasoning, you shape it up to appear like whatever you need it to be. The Earth's Climate warms and cools... in the same cyclic pattern common to virtually every other facet of nature.

Sounds like BS to me Moe.

That it do Curly.

He's a little prick, that's why.

There's nothing in the press that criticizes agriculture as a culprit. And the water restrictions exempt agriculture including cattle farming and cow milking operations.
You are correct sir. :)

He is a robot rich boy prick fucker who never made an honest dollar in his pathetic life.

I just cant wait for the day when 20 million "Barely Legal" residents wake up and discover that there is no running water. well, THEY ALL SUPPORT JERRY BROWN! can't blame the Bush's this time.

Jerry Brown and his ilk can talk the crap they want: I have a case of old school hairspray packed with CFC's, and I go out into my backyard at night and spray that crap right into the ozone layer.
Take that, Jerry "Build Me a High Speed Train to Nowhere" Brown! :badgrin:

Jerry Brown and his ilk can talk the crap they want: I have a case of old school hairspray packed with CFC's, and I go out into my backyard at night and spray that crap right into the ozone layer.
Take that, Jerry "Build Me a High Speed Train to Nowhere" Brown! :badgrin:

Damn what they've done to that state To me it's become a laughing stock. shame
Only thing is now they want us ALL to have to pay for their mess though the Federal government

Forum List

Back