Why Does Michelle Obama’s Mother Live at the White House?

Can't afford alternatives? Is that how conservatives look at extended families? You never consider that they may love their mother and want to take care of her? Or that they want their mother in their daughters lives?

Why do Conservatives struggle so much with the concept of family? We know you have issues with gay families....but bitching about grandma is creeping me out

I don't speak for all conservatives. I speak for myself.

You can spin it any way you want. I'm telling you what I believe and have experienced. My mother lived with me with when could no longer care for herself, now I could have put her in a convalescent home as some people choose to do, but I chose to have a live in nurse there to tend to her because I had the money and could afford it.

Now had I been a poor Democrat then I would probably let the state i.e. the taxpayers provide for her needs. Much like what the Obama's are doing.

Don't be an ass. It has nothing to do with Mrs. Robinson's health. She is Michelle's immediate family. They were living together after she was widowed. She helps with the girls, and I doubt anybody is paying her to do so, as a nanny would be paid. My mom took care of my daughter at no charge. That's what family does. And family doesn't STOP being family just because the man of the house landed the highest office in the land.

I wasn't talking about her health. Reading comprehension isn't that hard. Try it sometimes!!

You idiots can't even understand what the issue here is. The issue isn't her living at the Whitehouse, the issue is who is paying for it!

If a family wishes to let their relatives live with them for whatever reason, I'm ok with that since I'm not footing the bills. But I am footing the bill for Obama's in-law and that where I take exception.

You can spin it any way you want. I'm telling you what I believe and have experienced. My mother lived with me with when could no longer care for herself, now I could have put her in a convalescent home as some people choose to do, but I chose to have a live in nurse there to tend to her because I had the money and could afford it.

Now had I been a poor Democrat then I would probably let the state i.e. the taxpayers provide for her needs. Much like what the Obama's are doing.

Did you call her a freeloader?

Why, I do believe he did!

Another little piece of the puzzle us sane people have. My parents carried me to age 18, and helped me every so often when needed. Not very often. I am a proud one. I don't ask for help except maybe once a decade. But they raised me, and they did without in my honor (in the early years).

Apparently in neocon land, there is no familial debt to a senior parent.

Maybe they should just stick her on an ice floe and wave her out to sea.

Well...they did oppose Social Security and Medicare

We were forewarned

Can't afford alternatives? Is that how conservatives look at extended families? You never consider that they may love their mother and want to take care of her? Or that they want their mother in their daughters lives?

Why do Conservatives struggle so much with the concept of family? We know you have issues with gay families....but bitching about grandma is creeping me out

Is he always this deaf? I usually have stupid people on ignore.

You know - half the board.

I haven't called her anything other than an in-law. But why let that ruin your imagination.

No, but I do object to extended family.

You can point to four examples where it has been done before but that doesn't mean it's right, it just means they were wrong four times before.

You dont get to define whats considered extended family. Just pay your taxes.

What is your definition of an "extended" family?

Oh I do pay my taxes asshole!! Otherwise your ilk would starve.

Anyone that has had a hand in raising me, my wife, or my children is considered immediate family. Stop lying asshole. You don't pay taxes you bum convict.

I haven't called her anything other than an in-law. But why let that ruin your imagination.

But she's not. Not by law. There's no such thing as delineation by 'in-law' when it comes to immediate family.

Another little piece of the puzzle us sane people have. My parents carried me to age 18, and helped me every so often when needed. Not very often. I am a proud one. I don't ask for help except maybe once a decade. But they raised me, and they did without in my honor (in the early years).

You morons are the most dishonest people on the planet.

Still waiting for proof that Mrs. Robinson is not a member of the immediate Obama family.

Put up or shut up.

Still waiting for proof that Mrs. Robinson is not a member of the immediate Obama family.

Put up or shut up.

She's Barak's mother-in-law. Not his immediate family.

But she's not. Not by law. There's no such thing as delineation by 'in-law' when it comes to immediate family.

She's not Barak's mother-in-law?

After all he's the one that was elected, if it weren't for him none of them idiots would be living there.

Then none of them except him should get to live there

She's not Barak's mother-in-law?

After all he's the one that was elected, if it weren't for him none of them idiots would be living there.

Is Michelle not living there, and is her mother not her immediate family? Earlier, you were insisting that she wasn't. Does this mean you have admitted your error?

Check this out. And then kindly admit you were wrong, and we can both walk away as adults who comported themselves admirably.

Immediate Relative

An individual with any of the following relationships to the employee:

• Spouse, and parents thereof;
  • Sons and daughters, and spouses thereof;
  • Parents, and spouses thereof;
  • Brothers and sisters, and spouses thereof;
  • Grandparents and grandchildren, and spouses thereof;
  • Domestic partner and parents thereof, including domestic partners of any individual in 1 through 5 of this definition; and
  • Any individual related by blood or affinity whose close association with the employee is the equivalent of a family relationship.

Definitions Related to Family Member and Immediate Relative for Certain Leave Purposes

You dont get to define whats considered extended family. Just pay your taxes.

What is your definition of an "extended" family?

Oh I do pay my taxes asshole!! Otherwise your ilk would starve.

Anyone that has had a hand in raising me, my wife, or my children is considered immediate family. Stop lying asshole. You don't pay taxes you bum convict.

Weren't you the one that said you should ask people what they want to be called. I'm assuming to be politically correct and all.

But seriously, all you idiots have are the same tired lame-assed insults because you get your ass handed to you when it comes down to principles.

Now, I don't care what the fuck you call her, the fact is we the tax payers should not be providing for her. That responsibility falls on her family not on the taxpayers.

But hey, I understand you idiots think the government is made out of money and aren't smart enough to realize that while you're bitching about high taxes you are the ones voting for bigger government that you and/or you children will ultimately have to pay for.

She's Barak's mother-in-law. Not his immediate family.

Look up one post. :thup:

Lonestar is a dishonest convict. He will start lying shortly. He learned nothing about moral integrity in the pen.

I have no problem with the convict part. But I have NO respect for people who are unable to admit when they are wrong. If he can admit it, we're back on equal footing. If not, - well, then I know what kind of man he is.

And what about the dog?

He's not related to anyone and yet he gets to live there scot free while us taxpayers pay for his dogfood and one or more of the Whitehouse staff to walk him no doubt.

Why aren't the righties bitching about that?

Forum List

Back