Why Does Michelle Obama’s Mother Live at the White House?

So what do we have here?

Hotel staff is "fed up" because the Obamas are causing extra security at the hotel and they can't wait for them to leave and their lives return to normal

The rightwing jumps at the story as an example of the Obamas being low-life tyrants

Michelle Obama praised for style, warmth in China - CBS News

U.S. first lady Michelle Obama brought the importance of education to the foreground on Sunday on the third day of a visit to China, where she has won praise for her approachability and admiration for her comments supporting freedom of speech.

Mrs. Obama, traveling with her two daughters, has been photographed at famous spots including the Forbidden City and Great Wall during the first independent trip by a U.S. president's wife to China. She has won compliments for her elegant clothing and her interactions with ordinary people in a country where it is rare to see leaders' spouses or children in public.

"She is very warm and frank, and when she is talking to people she conscientiously listens to what they have to say," said Wu Qing, a retired professor of Beijing Foreign Studies University who met Mrs. Obama on Sunday.

You really don't understand China.

I understand that China loves the Obama family

You just proved my point.

The Obama's have no shame in taking advantage of you taxpayers...this is something else I have never seen before
LINKS with this at site

SNIP:

March 21, 2014 - 3:32 pm
Here’s a question I’ll bet nobody ever asked Jay Carney at a White House press briefing: Why does Michelle Obama’s mother live at the White House at taxpayer expense? (If someone has asked, please send link for me to stand corrected.)

Now that Michelle Obama’s mother has caused a disruption on the latest exotic vacation for the first lady, perhaps it is time for some answers about why Marian Robinson is even on the trip to China. Worse, why is she appearing in official photographs with Chinese officials?

Drudge is reporting in big bold lead letters that Marian Robinson is barking orders at hotel staff and generally misbehaving.

How many Americans know that Michelle Obama’s mother is living at the White House at taxpayer expense? Not many, I’d guess.

all of it here

The PJ Tatler » Why Does Michelle Obama?s Mother Live at the White House?

I want to talk to you guys but we are getting off subject.

this is the subject of the thread.

Bubba's mother died not long after he became president in 1994 while she was living in Hot Springs, Arkansas. Virginia Clinton Kelley - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You're making that up.

What about "from time to time" don't u understand? Regardless of what Clinton's mom had as her domicile...she was known to reside w the Clintons in the whitehouse for extended periods...as did Ike's mom in law and others....
So answer the question...Why r U and ur Ilk picking on Michelle?

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Republicans struggle with the concept of family. The idea that you would have grandma live with you is bizarre to them

You seem to struggle with a lot of concepts.

One of them you really struggle with is the difference between right and wrong.

People have gone to jail for using political funds for personal use. It's one thing to have a mother that needs to be watched 24/7 living in the White House, quite another who could have a place of her own but chooses to sponge off of the taxpayers. It really is illustrative of this family. They're going to have to rewrite the regulations to prevent these abuses in the future. All of these personal expenses should be paid back to the Treasury, but don't hold your breath waiting on it to happen.

Last edited:
The Obama's have no shame in taking advantage of you taxpayers...this is something else I have never seen before
LINKS with this at site

SNIP:

Here’s a question I’ll bet nobody ever asked Jay Carney at a White House press briefing: Why does Michelle Obama’s mother live at the White House at taxpayer expense? (If someone has asked, please send link for me to stand corrected.)

Now that Michelle Obama’s mother has caused a disruption on the latest exotic vacation for the first lady, perhaps it is time for some answers about why Marian Robinson is even on the trip to China. Worse, why is she appearing in official photographs with Chinese officials?

Drudge is reporting in big bold lead letters that Marian Robinson is barking orders at hotel staff and generally misbehaving.

How many Americans know that Michelle Obama’s mother is living at the White House at taxpayer expense? Not many, I’d guess.

all of it here

She lives there because the POTUS and the First Lady want her to. Any other questions?

What about "from time to time" don't u understand? Regardless of what Clinton's mom had as her domicile...she was known to reside w the Clintons in the whitehouse for extended periods...as did Ike's mom in law and others....
So answer the question...Why r U and ur Ilk picking on Michelle?

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Republicans struggle with the concept of family. The idea that you would have grandma live with you is bizarre to them

People have gone to jail for using political funds for personal use. It's one thing to have a mother that needs to be watched 24/7 living in the White House, quite another who could have a place of her own but chooses to sponge off of the taxpayers. It really is illustrative of this family. They're going to have to rewrite the regulations to prevent these abuses in the future. All of these personal expenses should be paid back to the Treasury, but don't hold your breath waiting on it to happen.

30 pages into this thread and conservatives still can't accept that a grandmother can be part of a family....Even one who is not crippled

Sad commentary on an ideology that is increasingly out of touch with American values

Barry just LOVES her flapjacks! And her pancakes too! :D

30 pages into this thread and conservatives still can't accept that a grandmother can be part of a family....Even one who is not crippled

Sad commentary on an ideology that is increasingly out of touch with American values
Enough with the spamming. Do you think you're being cute and clever or something?

LINKS with this at site

SNIP:

all of it here

She lives there because the POTUS and the First Lady want her to. Any other questions?

What makes their wants more important that what "we the people" want?

I've yet to see a conservative claim she wasn't part of the family.

But go ahead and make shit up. That's what you idiots do best.

Then how did we get 31 pages into a thread about the Obamas having grandma as part of their family unit?

Last edited:

Then how did we get 31 pages into a thread about the Obamas having grandma as part of their family unit?

Because the question is whether the tax payers should be footing the bill for extended family members. I mean why stop at the mother-in-law? Why not uncles, aunts, cousins...etc... The Obama's have plenty of money to set her up in a nice house but they choose to let us tax payers support her because they are too damn cheap and too damn liberal to use their own money. I don't understand why you leftwing dumbasses want to argue about it.

Because the question is whether the tax payers should be footing the bill for extended family members. I mean why stop at the mother-in-law? Why not uncles, aunts, cousins...etc... The Obama's have plenty of money to set her up in a nice house but they choose to let us tax payers support her because they are too damn cheap and too damn liberal to use their own money. I don't understand why you leftwing dumbasses want to argue about it.

31 pages and you still can't understand why families want to have their grandmother with them

What a condemnation of conservative values

31 Pages and I'm still waiting for conservatives to say....We don't really care if their grandmother lives with them

31 pages and you still can't understand why families want to have their grandmother with them

31 Pages and I'm still waiting for conservatives to say....We don't really care if their grandmother lives with them

That's not the point dumbass.

The point is "we the people" shouldn't be paying for it.

I could care less if they had their entire clan living there with them as long as they paid for it and not us taxpayers.

I could care less if they had their entire clan living there with them as long as they paid for it and not us taxpayers.

Hate to break it to you....but for 200 years the White House has been the home to the Presidents family.....you object to THAT?

Hate to break it to you....but for 200 years the White House has been the home to the Presidents family.....you object to THAT?

No, but I do object to extended family.

You can point to four examples where it has been done before but that doesn't mean it's right, it just means they were wrong four times before.

You can point to four examples where it has been done before but that doesn't mean it's right, it just means they were wrong four times before.

You dont get to define whats considered extended family. Just pay your taxes.

So then your issue comes down to what is a "real family" and that you don't consider a family with a grandma living with them to be a "real family"

Come on conservatives ...31 pages....you can do it
Just admit this is not a big deal and that you support extended families

Forum List

Back