Why does so many on the Left suffer from Hoplophobia??

OriginalShroom

Gold Member
Jan 29, 2013
It seem strange to me that so many in one political party suffer from the same disease.

Perhaps it is the disease that makes them liberals?

Or is it that it is a disease caused by being too emotional?

Oh... You don't know what Hoplophobia is?

It is the "Irrational, morbid fear of guns".

It seem strange to me that so many in one political party suffer from the same disease.

do

Stupid thread. Many on the left own guns. Some love them.

Try harder.

do

Stupid thread. Many on the left own guns. Some love them.

Try harder.

Then there are people like Schumer, Feinstein, Bloomberg, etal who are afraid of them.

There are more of them than the so very few who aren't.

The Left does not suffer from Hoplophobia, they are clearly comfortable with the police and military having guns.

Not here. I just think that we should try to keep them out of the wrong hands.

According to the Left, the People are the "wrong hands" because the people are not Sovereign. The Left embraces Statism, the non-religious analogue of Divine Right of Kings, where the King is Sovereign and the Subjects are born without rights, and that the King bestows privileges upon them, that may be revoked, denied or disparaged at any time; where the King is endowed with unlimited rights, and to question the decisions of the King is challenge the will of God.

What's sad is that most Republicans are on the left themselves, they just don't realize it.

Last edited:
Lefties hated the Vietnam war which evolved to hatred for the Troops and now they have an irrational hatred for the civilian version of the rifle that was used in Vietnam. It's as simple as that. They hate the AR 15 because it is ugly.

Then there are people like Schumer, Feinstein, Bloomberg, etal who are afraid of them.

There are more of them than the so very few who aren't.

Well, I can certainly see why the history of their people would make them wary of the democratic impulse...

The Left does not suffer from Hoplophobia, they are clearly comfortable with the police and military having guns.

Not here. I just think that we should try to keep them out of the wrong hands.

According to the Left, the People are the "wrong hands" because the people are not Sovereign. The Left embraces Statism, the non-religious analogue of Divine Right of Kings, where the King is Sovereign and the Subjects are born without rights, and that the King bestows privileges upon them, that may be revoked, denied or disparaged at any time; where the King is endowed with unlimited rights, and to question the decisions of the King is challenge the will of God.

What's sad is that most Republicans are on the left themselves, they just don't realize it.

Do you really think the Democratic Party is averse to popular sovereignty?

Perhaps to an unlimited popular sovereignty, but who isn't?

Forum List

Back