Why does your religion condemn people?

Ok, so what about the severely deformed kids who don't get better? Or the cancers that kill people? Or the stupid or retarded people that stay stupid/retarded?
So you are saying that God can't exist if these things exist?
I'm asking why a god would make deformed babies, cancer...?
And I am asking you if you believe that if deformed babies exist that that means God can't exist.
God can still exist, so why would it do that?
Excellent. If you believe that God can still exist if deformed babies exist, then you must also believe that our understanding of why deformed babies exist would be imperfect compared to his understanding of why deformed babies exist.
Is that your way of saying that you don't know?

Why does god even make stupid? And deformed? And cancer? ...

So that he can fix it. God makes stupid so that he can turn it into intelligence. He makes cancer so that he can heal it. In Romans 11:32 God makes us unbelievers so that he can have mercy on us and make us believers.

Such is the way of God.
Ok, so what about the severely deformed kids who don't get better? Or the cancers that kill people? Or the stupid or retarded people that stay stupid/retarded?

Why wouldn't He?

You say this as though a) people have no value unless they're perfect and free of all unpleasantness in life, and b) the existence of God must require that life be a never-ending day at the beach.
Let's face it, some deformed people are so badly deformed/retarded... that it seems like a punishment of some sort.

So that he can fix it. God makes stupid so that he can turn it into intelligence. He makes cancer so that he can heal it. In Romans 11:32 God makes us unbelievers so that he can have mercy on us and make us believers.

Such is the way of God.

Why wouldn't He?

You say this as though a) people have no value unless they're perfect and free of all unpleasantness in life, and b) the existence of God must require that life be a never-ending day at the beach.
Let's face it, some deformed people are so badly deformed/retarded... that it seems like a punishment of some sort.

Note the word "seems". Perception is not reality. Just because YOU see something as "bad" or a "punishment" because of your emotions coloring your view, doesn't mean it actually IS. A thunderstorm that is a "bad" thing to me because it prevents me from taking my kid to the park is a "good" thing to a farmer whose crops need the water, and a completely neutral it-just-exists thing to the world in general.

The reality is that the human body is designed to be fallible, to have a shelf life. It is designed to be ultimately disposable. It is also an immensely complex mechanism with a lot of moving parts and systems. With all of that in mind, it isn't at all surprising that sometimes, the things that can go wrong with it do so right from the outset.

Furthermore, temporal pleasure and enjoyment are not even remotely the purpose of this entire endeavor. Humans are also not designed mentally and spiritually to function well without stress and conflict and challenge. Come to that, we're not even designed PHYSICALLY to function well without those things (look at what happens to someone who sits on a comfy couch, happily eating his favorite potato chips, without ever exercising and getting sweaty). As much as we don't enjoy it a certain amount of suffering is built into the formula as a necessity.

And I am asking you if you believe that if deformed babies exist that that means God can't exist.
Excellent. If you believe that God can still exist if deformed babies exist, then you must also believe that our understanding of why deformed babies exist would be imperfect compared to his understanding of why deformed babies exist.
It's my way of saying no one knows or can know, Taz. We may have an idea or an inkling of an idea, but that's all it is. What we can know though is that everything works for good. Even the stuff you don't like.

Why wouldn't He?

Note the word "seems". Perception is not reality. Just because YOU see something as "bad" or a "punishment" because of your emotions coloring your view, doesn't mean it actually IS. A thunderstorm that is a "bad" thing to me because it prevents me from taking my kid to the park is a "good" thing to a farmer whose crops need the water, and a completely neutral it-just-exists thing to the world in general.

The reality is that the human body is designed to be fallible, to have a shelf life. It is designed to be ultimately disposable. It is also an immensely complex mechanism with a lot of moving parts and systems. With all of that in mind, it isn't at all surprising that sometimes, the things that can go wrong with it do so right from the outset.

Furthermore, temporal pleasure and enjoyment are not even remotely the purpose of this entire endeavor. Humans are also not designed mentally and spiritually to function well without stress and conflict and challenge. Come to that, we're not even designed PHYSICALLY to function well without those things (look at what happens to someone who sits on a comfy couch, happily eating his favorite potato chips, without ever exercising and getting sweaty). As much as we don't enjoy it a certain amount of suffering is built into the formula as a necessity.
So you wouldn't mind being so retarded and deformed that you can't move so you crap in your pants all day and suffer pain 24/7? Ya, right. Now tell me some more fartsmoke.

It's my way of saying no one knows or can know, Taz. We may have an idea or an inkling of an idea, but that's all it is. What we can know though is that everything works for good. Even the stuff you don't like.
So a deformed and retarded child suffering pain 24/7 is for good? How so?

He or she existed. Who knows what good came from that except God?

Why wouldn't He?

So you wouldn't mind being so retarded and deformed that you can't move so you crap in your pants all day and suffer pain 24/7? Ya, right. Now tell me some more fartsmoke.
So you are saying that you would have preferred to never exist?

MASSIVE COP-OUT ALERT!!!!!!

Why wouldn't He?

Your soul could simply use another body. Like when re-incarnated.

Why wouldn't He?

how long can a soul last?---------at what temperatures?

Not at all. I am saying some good does come from existing. I don't need to know what it was to know that it existed. That I don't know exactly what it is doesn't mean anything. The people in their life knows what good came out of it.

Why wouldn't He?

I'm not discussing a soul. Are you wanting to change the subject?

Not at all. I am saying some good does come from existing. I don't need to know what it was to know that it existed. That I don't know exactly what it is doesn't mean anything. The people in their life knows what good came out of it.
Total bullshit, there was the case of one father whose daughter was severely deformed and in constant pain so much that he felt that he had to kill her to end her suffering. Ya, lot of good.

Total bullshit, there was the case of one father whose daughter was severely deformed and in constant pain so much that he felt that he had to kill her to end her suffering. Ya, lot of good.
Not total bullshit. Before he made that choice he loved her so much that he suffered for her. Ask him if he thought no good came from her life, Taz, because you don't know that.

No, you made this statement "So you are saying that you would have preferred to never exist?" I'm saying that we likely exist over and over again, so tossing a deformed body is no biggie, we just move on to the next body.

Not total bullshit. Before he made that choice he loved her so much that he suffered for her. Ask him if he thought no good came from her life, Taz, because you don't know that.
He killed his own daughter, so I'm guessing that not much good was there to save.

No, you made this statement "So you are saying that you would have preferred to never exist?" I'm saying that we likely exist over and over again, so tossing a deformed body is no biggie, we just move on to the next body.
No. That was me asking you a question. Would YOU have preferred to never exist?

It is highly unlikely that we will ever exist again in this universe, Taz. That's magical thinking and convenient too. Too convenient.

He killed his own daughter, so I'm guessing that not much good was there to save.
You seem to be missing the point, Taz. The good came from her existence before he decided to end her life. He loved her so much that he suffered with her. Is this too hard of a concept for you to grasp?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back