Zone1 Why Doesn't God Just Show Himself?

So what you are saying is that I should accept your belief that God is imaginary despite all the tangible benefits I have reaped from having a real relationship with an "imaginary" creator of existence?

Sell me on the benefits of non-belief. How exactly has your non-belief enriched your life and made it better?
You tell people they have to believe your god exists don't you?

You do it all the time when you tell people they cannot question your religion
No, that's not the same thing. I tell them to believe whatever they want to believe.

You are confusing my defending my faith from militant atheists such as yourself with promoting my faith.

No, that's not the same thing. I tell them to believe whatever they want to believe.

You are confusing my defending my faith from militant atheists such as yourself with promoting my faith.
Except when they say what they believe and disagree with you.

And you need to know the definitions of words before you use them.

Atheists deny the existence of all gods. I have never done that and you cannot quote any post where I have.

Except when they say what they believe and disagree with you.

And you need to know the definitions of words before you use them.

Atheists deny the existence of all gods. I have never done that and you cannot quote any post where I have.
I couldn't care less if they agree or disagree with me. I only care that they are trying to subordinate religion like communists.

I couldn't care less if they agree or disagree with me. I only care that they are trying to subordinate religion like communists.

You obviously do care that I disagree with you. If you didn't you would keep responding to to my posts.

And religion is doing a fine job of destroying itself. I'm just enjoying the show.

The benefits of non belief? Peace, Joy, Objectivity, Happiness, Maerial success, Success in relationships, turning on all the learning centers of the mind, it's endless.

Where is your evidence that these things come not from yourself, your circumstances, your hard work and efforts, and your friends and family, as they do for me but instead come from this "god" you speak of?
I know some people who are absolutely convinced that their life has drastically improved since they took up religion. Those improvement usually coincide with em giving up drugs or alcohol.

The "reality" according to physics, is that how we view the world is illusion. All that we take for being objects/things is merely concentrations of energy. While that is not an argument for the existence of a supreme deity, it is sound proof that what we perceive does not accurately describe what is 'right before our eyes'.

Lot's of people confuse critical theory for critical thinking. They were conditioned for it and didn't even know it.
Critical thinking is actually Verboten
Proverbs 3:5-6 says to not lean on your own understanding if things don't add up.

"die to self" is meaningless nonsense.
Not when taken in context of all scripture. Worship and serve have the same etymology. Do we choose worship/serve God or do we choose to serve--i.e., worship--self. Dying to self means broadening one's horizons to be aware, not only of God, but of the help that can be extended to those around us.

Self is a limited place to live. To truly live, move outside the self-cocoon and into broader horizons.

Forum List

Back