Zone1 Why Doesn't God Just Show Himself?

Even if he showed his face, I wouldnt worship him. Way too jealous, genocidal and vengeful for me.
Congratulations! You found an excuse to not bother with God! Too bad you read the stories out of context and missed all the points the original authors were making.

Congratulations! You found an excuse to not bother with God! Too bad you read the stories out of context and missed all the points the original authors were making.
No, I understand them, thank you. And I dont agree with them.
"you just dont understand it. You just cant get it" because i cant find the logic in killing babies because of the sins of their father.
You all say that crap. Its get old listening to you "better than thou" people.
You believe in freaking magic and STOLEN fairy tales. You have no room to judge anyone, or what they believe.
Now go eat a cracker and pretend its a dead persons body.

"you just dont understand it. You just cant get it" because i cant find the logic in killing babies because of the sins of their father.
You believe in freaking magic and STOLEN fairy tales. You have no room to judge anyone, or what they believe.
But only if you were as intelligent and well read as the believers then you would have no choice but to prostrate yourself to their god.

You are incapable of reading the bible for understanding if you first do not agree that the god in the bible is perfect and all loving

But only if you were as intelligent and well read as the believers then you would have no choice but to prostrate yourself to their god.

You are incapable of reading the bible for understanding if you first do not agree that the god in the bible is perfect and all loving
Silly me :heehee:

Critical thinking is actually Verboten
Proverbs 3:5-6 says to not lean on your own understanding if things don't add up.
Critical thinking is challenging one's beliefs to test his beliefs. Critical theory is criticizing what one doesn't believe to arrive at what he does believe.

I'm not agreeing with your biblical interpretation that we shouldn't challenge our beliefs. God is truth. He loves truth. He is truth.

No I don't you just think I do and feel threatened by the opinions of people who do not agree with your superstitions
You want Christianity to go away. That's not disagreeing with my beliefs.

Because it's much easier to control people if you can get them to turn off critical thinking.
And this isn't necessarily a bad thing. Arguably, it made civilization possible. But it is the point of religion, to get everyone on the same page, holding the same values and singing the same song. And that's easier to do if people have faith in what they're told rather than rational skepticism.

You want Christianity to go away. That's not disagreeing with my beliefs.

And it will do so of its own accord as it becomes irrelevant like so many other religions have before it.

I don't have to do anything but watch.

Critical thinking is challenging one's beliefs to test his beliefs. Critical theory is criticizing what one doesn't believe to arrive at what he does believe.

I'm not agreeing with your biblical interpretation that we shouldn't challenge our beliefs. God is truth. He loves truth. He is truth.
Critical thinking is the ability to analyze information in order to make a judgement. Like reading the story of Noah's Arc and thinking where the heck did Noah get a set of penguins or kangaroos from. Did they walk all the way to the Middle East or what?
Proverbs 3:5-6 instructs you to simply trust. You must surrender your intellectual integrity.

Oh, I am absolutely certain you understand the English translation as seen through the lens of modern Western culture. You're not a complete idiot--there are still plenty of parts that are missing.

It's getting old listening to us? Believe me, it already is old listening to your sanctimonious "Oh, I am so much better, so on top of things with my 21st century, Western culture learning, I can utterly dismiss God." Find a new cliche.

I would asked God to forgive your final remark based on "they know not what they do" but as you knew exactly what you were doing...shrug.

Critical thinking is the ability to analyze information in order to make a judgement. Like reading the story of Noah's Arc and thinking where the heck did Noah get a set of penguins or kangaroos from. Did they walk all the way to the Middle East or what?
Proverbs 3:5-6 instructs you to simply trust. You must surrender your intellectual integrity.
Read the Hebrew. In that language it is clear that the water covered the earth, not the water covered the Earth. So, no need for penguins, kangaroos, etc. What was the lesson the story of Noah's ark was teaching. (Hint, it had nothing to do with polar bears, either.)

Read the Hebrew. In that language it is clear that the water covered the earth, not the water covered the Earth. So, no need for penguins, kangaroos, etc. What was the lesson the story of Noah's ark was teaching. (Hint, it had nothing to do with polar bears, either.)
Pathetic. Where did that water come from and where did it all go. Try some critical thinking if you're able.

Pathetic. Where did that water come from and where did it all go. Try some critical thinking if you're able.
There are several theories as to that. I am sure a critical thinker such as yourself is as capable as I was to do that research...decades ago.

Oh, I am absolutely certain you understand the English translation as seen through the lens of modern Western culture. You're not a complete idiot--there are still plenty of parts that are missing.

It's getting old listening to us? Believe me, it already is old listening to your sanctimonious "Oh, I am so much better, so on top of things with my 21st century, Western culture learning, I can utterly dismiss God." Find a new cliche.

I would asked God to forgive your final remark based on "they know not what they do" but as you knew exactly what you were doing...shrug.
Its yalls bible. Nothing I can do about that.

Harsh, quite harsh...(but, excuse a bit of a chuckle).

Forum List

Back