Zone1 Why Doesn't God Just Show Himself?

I’m not religious, so I’m not a good one to ask.

Stil, since the depth of my religious belief is basically that I believe in God, I suppose it’s fair to speculate.

What if God does show Himself to all who fervently and truly seek to see Him? Maybe life itself is just a test to see if we might be ready to see Him once this mortal and physical portion of our lives are done.

Beyond that, I have nothing to assist in answering the question.
Life sort of is a test. Not sure how anyone can objectively argue otherwise.

Why Doesn't God Just Show Himself?​

Same thing could be asked of extraterrestrials. It's kind of hard for fairy tale Gods and UFO pilots to show themselves when they don't exist.
can you prove they dont exist?.....just asking....

So what you are saying is that I should accept your belief that God is imaginary despite all the tangible benefits I have reaped from having a real relationship with an "imaginary" creator of existence?

Sell me on the benefits of non-belief. How exactly has your non-belief enriched your life and made it better?
"tangible benefits"?

Like what?

Nobody's trotted out a dead alien or alien spacecraft for public viewing yet. Again I chose to use this as proof that neither exist.

Your not seeing something that millions of others have only means that you haven't seen evidence of it, not that they don't exist. Nobody has trotted out any neutrinos or quarks or antimatter for public viewing neither yet you believe in them on faith don't you?

"tangible benefits"?

Like what?
Peace, joy, objectivity, happiness, material success, success in relationships, turning on all the learning centers of the mind, it's endless.

So sell me on the benefits of non-belief.

So, basically, your theory is that millions of people including entire military bases all at the same time, half the city of Phoenix, and countless others the world over have reported seeing them and much more for at least the last 5,000 years is all just, what?
  • A figment of their imagination?
  • They couldn't tell a UFO from a star or lighthouse or boat?
  • They all deliberately made it up hoping to get a paid gig on Candid Camera?
UFOs are common, I've seen them for myself. Little Green Men, however, are imaginary.

UFOs are common, I've seen them for myself. Little Green Men, however, are imaginary.

Not sure how you can call something imaginary because you've never seen it. Lots of people claim to have seen Grays.

So you've seen a UFO---- to those who haven't, they call them imaginary too.

Everything is imaginary until you experience it first hand.

Not sure how you can call something imaginary because you've never seen it. Lots of people claim to have seen Grays.

So you've seen a UFO---- to those who haven't, they call them imaginary too.

Everything is imaginary until you experience it first hand.
Someday I hope to be convinced. Until then...

I feel a bit sorry for those that have never seen Him or stood in His presence.
Neither of which you have ACTUALLY experienced.

This ^^^^^ is a FACT, you have NEVER experienced either, expect in Dream or Faith, neither of which is Real.
Sell me on the benefits of non-belief. How exactly has your non-belief enriched your life and made it better?
They are the Same thing.
Your Faith is the Same as MY Dreams.
Neither of US has been enriched by our Dreams or Faith.
You just want to pretend that you have experienced something that isn't REAL.

This ^^^^^ is a FACT, you have NEVER experienced either, expect in Dream or Faith, neither of which is Real.

They are the Same thing.
You poor thing. But then, I say the same thing about people claiming to be in love.

They are the Same thing.
The science of happiness says otherwise. :)

Peace, joy, objectivity, happiness, material success, success in relationships, turning on all the learning centers of the mind, it's endless.

So sell me on the benefits of non-belief.
The benefits of non belief? Peace, Joy, Objectivity, Happiness, Maerial success, Success in relationships, turning on all the learning centers of the mind, it's endless.

Where is your evidence that these things come not from yourself, your circumstances, your hard work and efforts, and your friends and family, as they do for me but instead come from this "god" you speak of?

The benefits of non belief? Peace, Joy, Objectivity, Happiness, Maerial success, Success in relationships, turning on all the learning centers of the mind, it's endless.

Where is your evidence that these things come not from yourself, your circumstances, your hard work and efforts, and your friends and family, as they do for me but instead come from this "god" you speak of?
My evidence is that I have tested both paths. I literally saw the change.

You have none of those benefits because you are unhappy and are not at peace and you know it.

My evidence is that I have tested both paths. I literally saw the change.

You have none of those benefits because you are unhappy and are not at peace and you know it.
A, That's not "objectivity" it is the very definition of subjective.

B. I'm a very happy guy. YOu religious whack-jobs are always trying to tell us how we feel, well you don't know so quit it.

A, That's not "objectivity" it is the very definition of subjective.

B. I'm a very happy guy. YOu religious whack-jobs are always trying to tell us how we feel, well you don't know so quit it.
It most certainly was an objective experiment. Both paths were tested. Both paths were lived. It wasn't even close. It was easy to see the better way. I chose the better portion and am reaping the rewards.

Happy people don't get upset by other people's beliefs. Most of your posts drip with misery.

Last edited:
Because it's hard to do that when you are a figment of someone's imagination?
i might sometimes answer more seriously that god shows herself whenever you see the homeless huddled in the cold and etc with the music from the spca commercial in background.......but

i like your answer as well.

i might sometimes answer more seriously that god shows herself whenever you see the homeless huddled in the cold and etc with the music from the spca commercial in background.......but

i like your answer as well.
You think God is a show pony? Or pulling levers, turning knobs and pushing buttons? That's polytheism not monotheism.

It's your perception of God that is flawed. Not God.

whenever you see the homeless huddled in the cold
Men often overexaggerate the bad while under estimating the good. By any objective measure, the good vastly outweighs the bad.

Forum List

Back