Why don't people want to know the truth about 9/11?

Well think about it some dumbfuck... There's a fire, and it spreads to steel beams,

Think about what you just posted. If heat from a hot day can cause railroad tracks to thermally expand and bend what the hell do you think is going to happen to a steel beam with a constant heat source such as a fire will do?

Here's more Mr. Jones.
Structural steel requires external insulation (fireproofing) in order to prevent the steel from weakening in the event of a fire. When heated, steel expands and softens, eventually losing its structural integrity. Given enough energy, it can also melt. Heat transfer to the steel can be slowed by the use of fireproofing materials.

From Structural steel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia in the section about fireproofing.

Here's how much steel expands per degree.

6.5 10-6 (in/in oF)

Go figure it out.

"You must spread some reputation around before giving it to Gamolon again."

I bet he's still in college and majoring in business or something. He has no idea how structural components work. You're correct. Good Job.

6.5 10-6 (in/in oF)

Go figure it out.

I bet he's still in college and majoring in business or something. He has no idea how structural components work. You're correct. Good Job.

I'm still in college and have no idea how structural components work?

Thermal expansion of railroad tracks on a hot day.

Train1.gif

How the hell do you think a steel beam or column under stress and it's connection points would react to the same thermal expansion?

Are the bolted connection going to give or is the beam going to bend?
You are totally fucking clueless here. The point is that the scattered fires in the building could not have reached the required temps, at all the precise locations, and heated up with the intensity required for the building to collapse straight fucking down!

The bolded part is why you continue to fail miserably. There fires didn't all have to be at precise locations for the structure to fail.

This is why having some knowledge about that which you speak makes a BIG difference. Getting this information from youtube videos doesn't cut it.

Here is the explanation. I structural steel design is made up of MANY different components such as columns, beams, and their respective connections. All these components are used together to support a load.

Here's an easy example of load distribution. Let's say, God forbid, that I cloned three of you. The we took a 20 foot long, 10" diameter steel pipe and put one of you at each end and one in the middle to hold it up. All three of you are supporting the total weight of that pipe. Let's say the middle person let's go leaving only two of you at the ends. That means two of you are now supporting the total weight of that pipe, meaning the two of you are now supporting MORE WEIGHT than when you had three.

When you weaken the steel support column due to fire, that column no linger can support the weight intended.Now the remaining structural components have to pick up the slack. When column 79 (circled in red) failed, where did the load (weight) of all the floors, beams, and girders go that it once supported? Where was that transfered to? Then the core columns failed to the west leaving what left?
WTC1_1.jpg

See if you can follow this.

6.5 10-6 (in/in oF)

Go figure it out.

HE...not YOU. It was a dig at him and a compliment to you. I tried to give you a rep but I already gave you one.

Last edited:

HE...not YOU

Ah.

I saw my name posted above and thought you meant me.

Ah.

I saw my name posted above and thought you meant me.

No sir, I think you're great! lol. I've been arguing with these loons for the last few years about this nonsense. Mr. Jones has obviously dug himself into a hole filled with his own BS.

because you post a diagram and parrot back nonsense you do not not even understand ?

I didn't post a diagram. It's apparent that I understand more than you. You use youtube videos and lack of evidence to prove your points.

6.5 10-6 (in/in oF)

Go figure it out.

I believe engineers are aware that metal can expand and have been for sometime...you make out like they were unaware of this recently discovered property of steel and that collapse from fire is simply to be expected...clown

No d-bag.

It was for Mr. Jones' purpose, not the engineers. Get with the program and put down the bong for a change.

6.5 10-6 (in/in oF)

Go figure it out.

I believe engineers are aware that metal can expand and have been for sometime...you make out like they were unaware of this recently discovered property of steel and that collapse from fire is simply to be expected...clown

No d-bag.

It was for Mr. Jones' purpose, not the engineers. Get with the program and put down the bong for a change.

the bong ?...so what you are really saying is you have no intelligent response so you say..bong... to distract from that fact...I see

No d-bag.

the bong ?...so what you are really saying is you have no intelligent response so you say..bong... to distract from that fact...I see

Why would NIST want to say Building 7 did not experience free fall? NIST’s lead technical investigator, Shyam Sunder, stated in the WTC 7 technical briefing that free fall could only happen when an object “has no structural components below it.”[ii] The only way for a building to have no structural components below it is to remove the lower structural components with an external force such as explosives. If the upper part of a building is crushing its lower structural components, in other words, doing the work of removing them, not all of its energy will be converted into motion and its descent will not be free fall.

A high school physics teacher named David Chandler objected to NIST’s initial claim, pointing out that, based on video footage of Building 7’s destruction, NIST’s claim contradicted “a publicly visible, easily measurable quantity.”[iii] Mr. Chandler wrote a comment to NIST, saying, “Acknowledgement of and accounting for an extended period of free fall in the collapse of WTC 7 must be a priority if NIST is to be taken seriously.”

Responding to the criticism, NIST in its final report issued in November 2008 did finally acknowledge that Building 7 descended at free fall. According to NIST, “This free fall drop continued for approximately 8 stories, or 32.0 meters (105 ft), the distance traveled between times t = 1.75 s and t = 4.0 s [a period of 2.25 seconds].”[v] However, NIST did not attempt to explain how Building 7’s free fall descent could have occurred.

Only explosives can instantaneously remove 8 stories allowing the upper structure to accelerate downwards in free fall. The absolute free fall of Building 7 over a period of 2.25 seconds is by itself overwhelming evidence that explosives were used to bring down the building.

Last edited by a moderator:

No d-bag.

I guess you're too stupid to see the sentence before the bong comment?

The thermal expansion number was for Mr. Jones who seems to think that the fireproofing of steel was to keep heat from transferring to other components that have a (I laugh at this every time) lower flash point.

I didn't post it to point out that engineers just learned about thermal expansion.

Idiot.

No d-bag.

The thermal expansion number was for Mr. Jones who seems to think that the fireproofing of steel was to keep heat from transferring to other components that have a (I laugh at this every time) lower flash point.

I didn't post it to point out that engineers just learned about thermal expansion.

Idiot.

then builders were well aware of how much steel expanded per degree and factored that in to the design obviously...this is the reasons that hi-rise buildings do not collapse in fires

No d-bag.

Why would NIST want to say Building 7 did not experience free fall? NIST’s lead technical investigator, Shyam Sunder, stated in the WTC 7 technical briefing that free fall could only happen when an object “has no structural components below it.”[ii] The only way for a building to have no structural components below it is to remove the lower structural components with an external force such as explosives. If the upper part of a building is crushing its lower structural components, in other words, doing the work of removing them, not all of its energy will be converted into motion and its descent will not be free fall.

A high school physics teacher named David Chandler objected to NIST’s initial claim, pointing out that, based on video footage of Building 7’s destruction, NIST’s claim contradicted “a publicly visible, easily measurable quantity.”[iii] Mr. Chandler wrote a comment to NIST, saying, “Acknowledgement of and accounting for an extended period of free fall in the collapse of WTC 7 must be a priority if NIST is to be taken seriously.”

Responding to the criticism, NIST in its final report issued in November 2008 did finally acknowledge that Building 7 descended at free fall. According to NIST, “This free fall drop continued for approximately 8 stories, or 32.0 meters (105 ft), the distance traveled between times t = 1.75 s and t = 4.0 s [a period of 2.25 seconds].”[v] However, NIST did not attempt to explain how Building 7’s free fall descent could have occurred.

Only explosives can instantaneously remove 8 stories allowing the upper structure to accelerate downwards in free fall. The absolute free fall of Building 7 over a period of 2.25 seconds is by itself overwhelming evidence that explosives were used to bring down the building.

My God, can you do anything other than cut and paste? Can't you think on your own at all? We've seen this same post from you at least 25 times if not more. Enough already.

Last edited by a moderator:
No d-bag.

Why would NIST want to say Building 7 did not experience free fall?

Why was there .8 seconds of no free fall before the2.25 seconds? I though the explosives removed all the supports?

Idiot.

then builders were well aware of how much steel expanded per degree and factored that in to the design obviously...this is the reasons that hi-rise buildings do not collapse in fires

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Please eots. Let us bask in your structural design knowledge. Pray tell, how do the structural engineers accommodate for this thermal expansion of columns and beams in a steel structure?

If a column or beam grows due to heat in a fire, how do they compensate for that growth?

Let's see what you've got.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Forum List

Back