Why evangelicals are upset at recent Trump, Vance statements on leaving abortion to states

Magnus

Diamond Member
Jun 22, 2020
Conservative evangelical Christian voters continue to wrestle with a shifting Republican stance toward abortion, with former President Donald Trump and his running mate JD Vance further agitating that confusion with recent statements about a federal abortion ban.

Stalwart evangelical supporters of Trump called out the GOP presidential nominee for taking a less hard-lined stance against abortion, going as far to say Trump is no less pro-choice than Democratic nominee Vice President Kamala Harris. The recent angst is a continuation of a debate that erupted ahead of the Republican National Convention in July, when the religious right urged the GOP not to soften its stance on abortion.

Influential leaders within the Nashville-based Southern Baptist Convention and other prominent evangelical figures are increasingly expressing a sense of disillusionment and are outright saying they won’t vote for Trump come November.

Talk about flip-flop. The guy who was crowing just a year ago about how he was single-handedly responsible for the overturning of Roe vs Wade is now trying to reverse his earlier stance.

Donald Trump also says he doesn’t support the six-week abortion ban put in place by former ally Gov. Ron DeSantis in the former president’s adopted home state.

It is good that the Evangelicals are taking notice. Let's see how many more get vocal about this.

So they're going to vote for the party that kills babies as they exit the "bonus hole", as they refer to it, and sells off the body parts?

I dunno, we'll see.

Conservative evangelical Christian voters continue to wrestle with a shifting Republican stance toward abortion, with former President Donald Trump and his running mate JD Vance further agitating that confusion with recent statements about a federal abortion ban.

Stalwart evangelical supporters of Trump called out the GOP presidential nominee for taking a less hard-lined stance against abortion, going as far to say Trump is no less pro-choice than Democratic nominee Vice President Kamala Harris. The recent angst is a continuation of a debate that erupted ahead of the Republican National Convention in July, when the religious right urged the GOP not to soften its stance on abortion.

Influential leaders within the Nashville-based Southern Baptist Convention and other prominent evangelical figures are increasingly expressing a sense of disillusionment and are outright saying they won’t vote for Trump come November.

Talk about flip-flop. The guy who was crowing just a year ago about how he was single-handedly responsible for the overturning of Roe vs Wade is now trying to reverse his earlier stance.

Donald Trump also says he doesn’t support the six-week abortion ban put in place by former ally Gov. Ron DeSantis in the former president’s adopted home state.

It is good that the Evangelicals are taking notice. Let's see how many more get vocal about this.
/----/ So the Evans want Roe v Wade reinstated? What is your point?

/----/ So the Evans want Roe v Wade reinstated? What is your point?
I could explain what the thread is about but then you would remain a retard. Who wants that, amIright?

Take a moment to read it a few times, and once you’re finished, go through it a couple more times. You’ll eventually grasp it—I believe in you, buddy. Good luck!

I could explain what the thread is about but then you would remain a retard. Who wants that, amIright?

Take a moment to read it a few times, and once you’re finished, go through it a couple more times. You’ll eventually grasp it—I believe in you, buddy. Good luck!
/----/ I'm busting the cops of the Evans.

No matter what you achive in politics people will complain. Even if they get a national ban on Abortions it will not stop them from happening. Leaving it to the states is progress and a sound conservative solution.
The only way to totaly stop abortions is with education and counseling of both men and women of all ages. A change of attitudes about sex by parents , places of worship and schools. Stop letting children learn about sexual behaviour by what they see in movies and other media. Stop expecting government to take care of these issues it starts at home and with you.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back