Why GWB will be one of the greatest Presidents in MY LIFETIME...

My top three worst presidents.

1. Obama
2. Carter
2. GWB

Carter was pretty bad, but even he produced 10 million jobs in 4 years according to establishment data. Compared to Bush, who produced only 1 million in 8 years.

and even that 1 million gain was due to expanding the government (which righties say they hate) and public sector jobs.

In the private sector, George Bush left office with fewer jobs than when he started. A dubious record he shares with only one other president ... Herbert Hoover.

Last edited:
HEY dummy!!!

YES the numbers ARE worse! NOT ONE person disputes that you dumb sh...!
BUT WHAT caused those terrible numbers THAT IN spite of them... the GDP grew 16% Unemployment on average OVER the 8 years was ..5.3%
AND YET YOU have NOT commented about the 4 major events that if ONE happened would be detrimental.. i..e Sandy HOOK hurricane you said for Obama.. YUP
BUT 4 major events..
Recession YES happened to Obama you excused but BUSH you blame for 2001 recession that started under Clinton!
Hurricane YES Obama BUT there were 7 of them that were categorized as 7 of the TOP ten hurricanes... but you don't take that in account?
9/11 Occurred and NOTHING like that has happened to Obama... YET you don't seem to realize the net affect on the economy, jobs,etc.???

Why are you so afraid to admit the truth that these 4 gigantic earth shaking (literally!!) events DIDN"T have any affect???

See this is where your stupidity REALLY comes through!
YOU hold Bush up for Spending..etc... BUT totally negate the causes which were NEVER caused by Bush but a RESPONSE to... UNLIKE Obama who has
GENERATED KNOWN job losses.. due to his stated desires to:

1)Obama wants higher gas prices... "I'd like higher gas prices, just not so quickly" LiveLeak.com - Obama: Id like higher gas prices, just not so quickly
2)"Under my plan of a cap and trade system, electricity rates would necessarily skyrocket." Obama: I?ll make energy prices ?skyrocket? « Hot Air
3)"I happen to be a proponent of a single payer universal health care program" Barack Obama on single payer in 2003 | Physicians for a National Health Program

NOT ONE time did you ever hear any president in my lifetime complain gas prices were not high enough! Or that the plan was to make utilities' rates "skyrocket".. or that
stated intention to put 1,300 companies out of business that pay $100 billion a year in FEDERAL/STATE/LOCAL taxes putting out of work 400,000 people!
Again, Bush's Great Recession caused far more damage to our economy than all those events you listed, combined.

Says the far left Obama drone

Actually, no. That's what economists say. Bush's Great Recession cost our economy trillions of dollars and roughly 12 million jobs to under/unemployment.

HEY dummy!!!

YES the numbers ARE worse! NOT ONE person disputes that you dumb sh...!
BUT WHAT caused those terrible numbers THAT IN spite of them... the GDP grew 16% Unemployment on average OVER the 8 years was ..5.3%
AND YET YOU have NOT commented about the 4 major events that if ONE happened would be detrimental.. i..e Sandy HOOK hurricane you said for Obama.. YUP
BUT 4 major events..
Recession YES happened to Obama you excused but BUSH you blame for 2001 recession that started under Clinton!
Hurricane YES Obama BUT there were 7 of them that were categorized as 7 of the TOP ten hurricanes... but you don't take that in account?
9/11 Occurred and NOTHING like that has happened to Obama... YET you don't seem to realize the net affect on the economy, jobs,etc.???

Why are you so afraid to admit the truth that these 4 gigantic earth shaking (literally!!) events DIDN"T have any affect???

See this is where your stupidity REALLY comes through!
YOU hold Bush up for Spending..etc... BUT totally negate the causes which were NEVER caused by Bush but a RESPONSE to... UNLIKE Obama who has
GENERATED KNOWN job losses.. due to his stated desires to:

1)Obama wants higher gas prices... "I'd like higher gas prices, just not so quickly" LiveLeak.com - Obama: Id like higher gas prices, just not so quickly
2)"Under my plan of a cap and trade system, electricity rates would necessarily skyrocket." Obama: I?ll make energy prices ?skyrocket? « Hot Air
3)"I happen to be a proponent of a single payer universal health care program" Barack Obama on single payer in 2003 | Physicians for a National Health Program

NOT ONE time did you ever hear any president in my lifetime complain gas prices were not high enough! Or that the plan was to make utilities' rates "skyrocket".. or that
stated intention to put 1,300 companies out of business that pay $100 billion a year in FEDERAL/STATE/LOCAL taxes putting out of work 400,000 people!
Again, Bush's Great Recession caused far more damage to our economy than all those events you listed, combined.

I am not a fan of GWB, but it wasn't his great depression. And the Obama non-recovery (unless, of course you work the auto unions) has been pretty lame.
Bush had a lot to do with it, it's his Recession.

My top three worst presidents.

1. Obama
2. Carter
2. GWB

Carter was pretty bad, but even he produced 10 million jobs in 4 years according to establishment data. Compared to Bush, who produced only 1 million in 8 years.

and even that 1 million gain was due to expanding the government (which righties say they hate) and public sector jobs.

In the private sector, George Bush left office with fewer jobs than when he started. A dubious record he shares with only one other president ... Herbert Hoover.

More far left propaganda.

Actually, no. That's what economists say. Bush's Great Recession cost our economy trillions of dollars and roughly 12 million jobs to under/unemployment.

Like I said far left propaganda.

What about the trillions in debt from stupid tax cuts for the rich?

The couple of thousand dead from neglect after Katrina?

The tens of thousands dead and maimed in Iraq?

The trillions lost rebuilding Iraq.

The.......well, you get the picture.

Yes, we get the picture, you're an idiot who can't even get your facts right when you're criticizing W. Talk about missing the broad side of a barn.

As for W, God, I hope we can do better than that. But Obama sure wasn't it.

I am not a fan of GWB, but it wasn't his great depression. And the Obama non-recovery (unless, of course you work the auto unions) has been pretty lame.

Really? Do elaborate....

Bush added millions of loans to minorities who couldn't afford those loans and had their downpayments waived to make it even easier for them to get the loans which should not have been given. To make the situation worse, he gauranteed those loan, in what would become toxic loans, by way of the GSEs, Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. It wss then that greedy lenders began furiously writing mortages they knew were probably no good because they knew they could either sell them while they were good or write them off to the government if they were bad.

What was needed was additional oversight of the GSEs and that never came. To Bush's credit, he did implore Congress to deliver oversight, but the Republican led Congress never did get him a bill to sign. Bush should never have passed the Dream Act unless it had the oversight that was needed, in it. Though Democrats were on the wrong side of that issue, they weren't in charge. Republicans were and Repblicans failed to deliver. By the time Democrats took over in 2007, it was too late, the damage was done. Though by then, the writing was on the wall, which alerted Democrats to change their position and draft oversight. Barney Frank tried in 2007; and though his bill passed in the House, it died in the Democrat led Senate. Pelosi would ultimately get a bill signed by Bush, but that was 6 years after Bush first asked Congress for oversight. By then, it was way to late.

I suspect that the problems dragging down America result from political inbreeding that may result in hemophilia, or at least presidents with twelve toes. First we had Bush I, a mediocrity. Then Bush II, for whom mediocrity would have been an achievement, like winning a marathon while hopping backward on one leg. There was talk of Jeb Bush as Bush III; together they would have constituted a topiary garden.
Fred Reed
Fred on Everything blog
Dec. 15, 2013

Bush added millions of loans to minorities who couldn't afford those loans and had their downpayments waived to make it even easier for them to get the loans which should not have been given.

While it's true that Bush did that, only a liberal would bypass that W continuing a Clinton policy was on W. You're not a faun, you're a sheep. Baa...

Really? Do elaborate....

Bush added millions of loans to minorities who couldn't afford those loans and had their downpayments waived to make it even easier for them to get the loans which should not have been given. To make the situation worse, he gauranteed those loan, in what would become toxic loans, by way of the GSEs, Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. It wss then that greedy lenders began furiously writing mortages they knew were probably no good because they knew they could either sell them while they were good or write them off to the government if they were bad.

What was needed was additional oversight of the GSEs and that never came. To Bush's credit, he did implore Congress to deliver oversight, but the Republican led Congress never did get him a bill to sign. Bush should never have passed the Dream Act unless it had the oversight that was needed, in it. Though Democrats were on the wrong side of that issue, they weren't in charge. Republicans were and Repblicans failed to deliver. By the time Democrats took over in 2007, it was too late, the damage was done. Though by then, the writing was on the wall, which alerted Democrats to change their position and draft oversight. Barney Frank tried in 2007; and though his bill passed in the House, it died in the Democrat led Senate. Pelosi would ultimately get a bill signed by Bush, but that was 6 years after Bush first asked Congress for oversight. By then, it was way to late.

HERE are the FACTS regarding Fannie/Freddie! FACTS OK!@!

GWB's administration was LAUGHED AT BY Democrats Frank and Dodd after 17 times trying to get Fannie/Freddie fixed!
"Over the past six years, the President and his Administration have not only warned of the systemic consequences of failure to reform GSEs but also put forward thoughtful plans to reduce the risk that either Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac would encounter such difficulties.
President Bush publicly called for GSE reform at least 17 times in 2008 alone before Congress acted.
Unfortunately, these warnings went unheeded, as the President's repeated attempts to reform the supervision of these entities were thwarted by the legislative maneuvering of those who emphatically denied there were problems.

Setting the Record Straight: The Three Most Egregious Claims In The New York Times Article On The Housing Crisis

Many prominent Democrats, including House Finance Chairman Barney Frank, opposed any legislation correcting the risks posed by GSEs.

* House Financial Services Committee Chairman Barney Frank (D-MA) criticized
the President's warning saying:
"these two entities - Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac - are not facing any kind of financial crisis .The more people exaggerate these problems,
the more pressure there is on these companies, the less we will see in terms of affordable housing."
(Stephen Labaton, "New Agency Proposed To Oversee Freddie Mac And Fannie Mae," New York Times, 9/11/03)

* Senate Committee on Banking, Housing and Urban Affairs Chairman Christopher Dodd also ignored the President's warnings and called on him to "immediately reconsider his ill-advised" position. (Eric Dash, "Fannie Mae's Offer To Help Ease Credit Squeeze Is Rejected, As Critics Complain Of Opportunism," New York Times, 8/11/07)

Barney Frank's Fannie and Freddie Muddle - Sam Dealey (usnews.com)

And you're still wrong. Hell, you can do the math yourself (maybe). Calculate the number of unemployed folks according to the U6 rate when Bush's Great Recession began and then subtract that from the number of people unemployed according to the U6 rate when the recession ended.

The number is something like 11.5 million jobs lost to under/unemployment.

And you're still wrong. Hell, you can do the math yourself (maybe). Calculate the number of unemployed folks according to the U6 rate when Bush's Great Recession began and then subtract that from the number of people unemployed according to the U6 rate when the recession ended.

And if you count the number employed from when W became President to when he left, the number still went up. Not so for our dear leader. And Obama had a huge advantage that we were in a deep recession when he started.

Yes I know math is not a far left strong point, I don't need any more examples proving that.

And it is still far left propaganda.

If you want to argue just to argue that is fine, but just know that you are in the wrong!

Really? Do elaborate....

HERE are the FACTS regarding Fannie/Freddie! FACTS OK!@!

GWB's administration was LAUGHED AT BY Democrats Frank and Dodd after 17 times trying to get Fannie/Freddie fixed!
"Over the past six years, the President and his Administration have not only warned of the systemic consequences of failure to reform GSEs but also put forward thoughtful plans to reduce the risk that either Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac would encounter such difficulties.
President Bush publicly called for GSE reform at least 17 times in 2008 alone before Congress acted.
Unfortunately, these warnings went unheeded, as the President's repeated attempts to reform the supervision of these entities were thwarted by the legislative maneuvering of those who emphatically denied there were problems.

Setting the Record Straight: The Three Most Egregious Claims In The New York Times Article On The Housing Crisis

Many prominent Democrats, including House Finance Chairman Barney Frank, opposed any legislation correcting the risks posed by GSEs.

* House Financial Services Committee Chairman Barney Frank (D-MA) criticized
the President's warning saying:
"these two entities - Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac - are not facing any kind of financial crisis .The more people exaggerate these problems,
the more pressure there is on these companies, the less we will see in terms of affordable housing."
(Stephen Labaton, "New Agency Proposed To Oversee Freddie Mac And Fannie Mae," New York Times, 9/11/03)

* Senate Committee on Banking, Housing and Urban Affairs Chairman Christopher Dodd also ignored the President's warnings and called on him to "immediately reconsider his ill-advised" position. (Eric Dash, "Fannie Mae's Offer To Help Ease Credit Squeeze Is Rejected, As Critics Complain Of Opportunism," New York Times, 8/11/07)

Barney Frank's Fannie and Freddie Muddle - Sam Dealey (usnews.com)
Holy shit! You even say the warnings went "unheeded." Who was in charge?? It wasn't Barney Frank. Even though he was dead wrong, it was Republicans who were in charge of the Congress.

Hey, but at least you've got your talking points memorized. Good for you!

Yes I know math is not a far left strong point, I don't need any more examples proving that.

If you want to argue just to argue that is fine, but just know that you are in the wrong!
Leave it to the brain-dead right to call math, far left propaganda. :eusa_doh:

And if you count the number employed from when W became President to when he left, the number still went up. Not so for our dear leader. And Obama had a huge advantage that we were in a deep recession when he started.

Yes, the number is up for Obama, even though we were losing hundreds of thousands of jobs per month when Bush handed Obama the keys to the economy.

SO I take it this means you are (in your own far left way) admitting you are wrong.

And far left math is not math it is propaganda no matter how you spin it.

SO I take it this means you are (in your own far left way) admitting you are wrong.

And far left math is not math it is propaganda no matter how you spin it.

WTF?? No, I'm admitting that the numbers support my claim. I merely suggested you do the math yourself (if you're capable) if you don't beoieve me.

Forum List

Back