Why has "COMPROMISE" become a dirty word to Republican Conservatives?

Newt has bedded down with everyone except Hillary apparently. Is he on wife three or four now, I forget...
Oh, I don't believe that. I enjoy the idea of what a pain he'd be for Obama. Opposition is something Obama doesn't handle very well. I'd really enjoy watching Obama have a meltdown if obamacare and planned parenthood are defunded.

That's hilarious - considering that "opposition" and obstructionism are all President Obama has endured from NaziCons during his tenure. BTW, why do you hate women?
Obstruction by the opposition is their constitutional duty. You just don't like it, that's all. You want a leftist dictator, admit it.

No, sparky, "obstruction" is not the opposition's "constitutional duty" - COMPROMISE is their duty.
Nope. Republicans control both houses of congress. Compromise is Obama's duty.

How much compromise from Obama do you suppose will be needed for the house repubs to get 218 votes for a speaker?

Repubs are the problem. So much discord that they can't even agree on a presidential candidate that is electable or even elect a speaker in the house.

Is the Republican party even a viable political party if they can't even elect a speaker without help from the dems?

Oh, I don't believe that. I enjoy the idea of what a pain he'd be for Obama. Opposition is something Obama doesn't handle very well. I'd really enjoy watching Obama have a meltdown if obamacare and planned parenthood are defunded.

That's hilarious - considering that "opposition" and obstructionism are all President Obama has endured from NaziCons during his tenure. BTW, why do you hate women?
Obstruction by the opposition is their constitutional duty. You just don't like it, that's all. You want a leftist dictator, admit it.

No, sparky, "obstruction" is not the opposition's "constitutional duty" - COMPROMISE is their duty.

How much compromise from Obama do you suppose will be needed for the house repubs to get 218 votes for a speaker?

Repubs are the problem. So much discord that they can't even agree on a presidential candidate that is electable or even elect a speaker in the house.

Is the Republican party even a viable political party if they can't even elect a speaker without help from the dems?
Oh my god, how ignorant. The primaries are still months away. What an ignorant post.

Republicans insist on all or nothing, which is why they have lost on every social issue they have fought for, as well as ACA, and the last two presidential elections. Even when they win, they lose. Witness the Speaker of the House issue.

I totally agree! Plus, they may have to ask Democrats to bail their retarded asses out of their dysfunctional mess.

Dems should do nothing to help. Only if an interim speaker is needed. Let the repubs bleed out.

Oh my god, how ignorant. The primaries are still months away. What an ignorant post.

Not a one is electable. Especially the frontrunners.

Very true

And they are willing to vote to raise their own taxes while wealthy Republicans vote to slash programs that help the poor
Government programs don't help the poor, it subsidizes them. Education and jobs help the poor.

Feeding the hungry, housing the homeless, caring for the sick does not help them?

Only to conservatives

People need personal responsibility and jobs, not handouts as a first step
That is a great idea!

Let's get republicans to bring back the jobs that have left poor neighborhoods. Then we can watch the personal responsibility come gushing back

Everything to you is something for someone else to do, ay comrade big guy?
Winner, winner chicken dinner!

You come back as I expected

Your response to poverty is.....Get a job
When I respond, there are no jobs they will have to be brought in

You respond......Not my problem

boner-obstruction-5.jpg

Has anyone ever heard a Democrat make such statements? Anarchy is not what the founding fathers intended. Compromise is how a democracy is able to function. Compromise is how our Constitution was written and ratified. What the far right now calls RINOs is what the Republican Party used to be. Radical extremist obstructionism is no way to govern.

Definition of COMPROMISE

a : settlement of differences by arbitration or by consent reached by mutual concessions

b : something intermediate between or blending qualities of two different things

compromise | a way of reaching agreement in which each person or group gives up something that was wanted in order to end an argument or dispute

consensus | a general agreement about something : an idea or opinion that is shared by all the people in a group

My guess is because the progressive version of "compromise" is they get what they want and the repubs can go pound sand. I never see the slightest give from the progressives. For it to be called compromise there has to be too and fro.

Please provide some "credible" proof of your claim.

It's in the MSM nearly every day. Knock yourself out.

Thanks for the cop-out. President Obama has practically had both his hands bitten off by trying to reach out to Republicans.
Oh my god.
Republicans control both houses of congress. Obama is the one who needs to compromise.
What have Republicans gotten done so far?

Unless they learn to compromise, even Obama can't help them
Obama can compromise on planned parenthood cuts and cease funding abortions. Okay?

Except the gov't doesn't fund abortions loon.

My guess is because the progressive version of "compromise" is they get what they want and the repubs can go pound sand. I never see the slightest give from the progressives. For it to be called compromise there has to be too and fro.

Thanks for the cop-out. President Obama has practically had both his hands bitten off by trying to reach out to Republicans.
Oh my god.
Republicans control both houses of congress. Obama is the one who needs to compromise.

Obama can compromise on planned parenthood cuts and cease funding abortions. Okay?

Lie. Planned parenthood gets over 40% funding from taxpayers.

NSNBC admitted Hillary was the first one to question his nationality. Now you've got a problem.

Hillary Clinton denies starting birther theory

"But there’s no evidence the Clinton campaign itself was behind the conspiracy theories."
Of course not. She's never responsible for anything. Her handlers make sure of that. Democrats have refined not being responsible to an art.
So...in the absence of proof, you claim the absence of proof constitutes proof

Oh my god.

None of which goes to fund abortion

Oh my god.

None of which goes to fund abortion
Bullcrap.

boner-obstruction-5.jpg

Has anyone ever heard a Democrat make such statements? Anarchy is not what the founding fathers intended. Compromise is how a democracy is able to function. Compromise is how our Constitution was written and ratified. What the far right now calls RINOs is what the Republican Party used to be. Radical extremist obstructionism is no way to govern.

One doesn't compromise with the Devil.

As Ayn Rand put it "in any compromise between good and evil, the good always loses and the evil always wins."

There is the root of the problem. Cons see it as a battle and their opposition as enemies. A battle between good and evil. Within that context, compromise is impossible. That is by definition, extemism.

Show me what a man will kill and die for and I will show you what he cares about. Show me what a man will not kill or die for and I will and I will show you what he cares not a whit about.

That is as much a Political statement as a Physical or Philosophical one. If anyonr is,truly willing to compromise, then the subject of the discussion means nothing to them.
when 1 side gets everything they want and the other side gets shit,then you have problems with the side who got nothing......when 2 sides give a little and get a little and agree they can live with it....you will only have problems with the asswipes on both sides who want it all their way or nothing....in our current political arena the asswipes would be the far right and left.....

So what have the Republicans got since Obama got elected?

What have they tried to get through good faith negotiations?

Forum List

Back