Why Haven't Dogs Evolved?

I had two labs, brother and sister, both spayed/neutered.

But they would have sex all the time!!!

I would yell and tell them to stop, because it was unnatural to me... But it was natural to them!

And in fact, human rulers in past civs have always used incest to keep bloodlines semi-intact. They used a half-sister, and the reasons were different, but the point is that incest is rampant in sexually-reproducing organisms. And therefore, like-mutations can flourish.

Now that you have finally latched onto something with actual scientific merit, can you dispense with the name calling and charts that purport to show species development as you would like it to have occurred rather than as according to archaeological records, which indicate nearly simultaneous arrivals of new sub-phylums and classes of animalia?

The incest theory is very interesting, although it might have to be combined with massive external events (e.g., asteroid collisions or solar radiation flares) to account for the large number of new species that have appeared at certain time intervals.

P.S. Mountains are created by geologic forces, not evolution.

....although it might have to be combined with massive external events (e.g., asteroid collisions or solar radiation flares) to account for the large number of new species that have appeared at certain time intervals.
P.S. Mountains are created by geologic forces, not evolution.
One notes you did Not quote me but have referred to my post.
Of course, I have already described:
1. 'Puntuated Equilibrium' being a result of 'massive external events'.
P-E is just a Tweak of evolution and 100% Consistent with it as to Why species change.
2. I used 'Mountains' merely as an example of Geologic time that our lifespens were too short see them rise/"evolve", JUST as with animal species/Dogs you were IGNORANTLY demanding happen before your eyes, or within a mere few thousand years.
2a. and I pointed to Fossils as Evidence of BOTH geology and Evolution: Uncontested.
3. I also pointed out what a consistent Dope you were for not Googling your Evo questions/Attempted trickery as it's so Easy now. You don't need a College degree.
4. SPLAT MFer.
-

exposes your fundamental lack of understanding regarding the concept of interspecies transformation.
No, using phrases like 'interspecies transformation' exposes your fundamental lack of understanding as much as does your opening post.

exposes your fundamental lack of understanding regarding the concept of interspecies transformation.
No, using phrases like 'interspecies transformation' exposes your fundamental lack of understanding as much as does your opening post.

Sorry for using such big words. Which of them do you not understand?

Now that you have finally latched onto something with actual scientific merit, can you dispense with the name calling and charts that purport to show species development as you would like it to have occurred rather than as according to archaeological records, which indicate nearly simultaneous arrivals of new sub-phylums and classes of animalia?

The incest theory is very interesting, although it might have to be combined with massive external events (e.g., asteroid collisions or solar radiation flares) to account for the large number of new species that have appeared at certain time intervals.

P.S. Mountains are created by geologic forces, not evolution.]

Thanks for the compliment, but I don't think I was the one you were referring to. : -)

Just trying to bring some logic into the conversation.

They have been subjected to intense genetic specialization for 5,000 years, resulting in the greatest intraspecies variation in Earth's history. Despite a 100X size disparity, a Great Dane and a Chihuahua can still (theoretically) mate. Why? Because they are both still DOGS.

Can someone explain why they haven't evolved into different species?
It takes hundreds of thousands or millions of years. We can't see it because it happens very slowly over a long period of time.

But dogs have evolved very fast living beside us. Pbs showed this dog it could understand over 100 commands. Very smart. Who knows in 1000 years.

Forum List

Back