Why haven't the Repubs repealed Obamacare yet?

Cuz we have to have something to replace it with and it ain't that simple. It was easy to pass the repeal part through the House 50 or 60 times, whatever it was. Knowing full well Harry Reid wasn't going to let it reach the Senate floor, let alone passing it through the Senate, and even if he did Obama would never have signed it. So it was pure political theater by the GOP, playing to their base.

But the replace part, now there's the problem and of course the Democrats will do nothing at all to help even though the current ACA is a disaster and getting worse. So, as with virtually everything else our political leaders are fighting each other instead of trying to find ways to do what's best for us. And the really sad part is we keep electing these bastards.

Cuz we have to have something to replace it with and it ain't that simple. It was easy to pass the repeal part through the House 50 or 60 times, whatever it was. Knowing full well Harry Reid wasn't going to let it reach the Senate floor, let alone passing it through the Senate, and even if he did Obama would never have signed it. So it was pure political theater by the GOP, playing to their base.

But the replace part, now there's the problem and of course the Democrats will do nothing at all to help even though the current ACA is a disaster and getting worse. So, as with virtually everything else our political leaders are fighting each other instead of trying to find ways to do what's best for us. And the really sad part is we keep electing these bastards.

go back to Pre-Obama Care. I don't care. I don't want "their Care". They don't "care". They only care for politicians and elitist. They don't have to buy Obama Care. Dirty filthy lying RINO bastards. There I said it.

Get rid of it. FIX the silly Tax code and let the country boom through growth.

They shouldnt touch commiecare.....

Let that ponzi scheme continue to f--k Americans, right up until it fails......

Hey, everybody just needs to shut the fuck up about this.

As we know, the Republicans have been telling us for eight years that they had a better plan. They laughed when we asked for details and tossed out a couple of vague "ideas", telling us not to worry, to just elect them and they'll nail it. They promised us that they would completely repeal the law and replace it something REALLY FABULOUS. And of course, the man they nominated and elected promised us he'd take care of everybody and that we'd love it.

So, after all that, there's no fucking way they won't come through for us. Not after all those promises.

So chill out and let them work their magic. It's on the way. I'm just sure.

Perhaps if the GOP propaganda for the last several year and the Republican debates , it made the insurance companies nervous, they did all their could to ruin it, and as such they own it. The Dems do not want to touch what the GOP tore apart. The GOP will live to regret what they have done.

Perhaps if the GOP propaganda for the last several year and the Republican debates , it made the insurance companies nervous, they did all their could to ruin it, and as such they own it. The Dems do not want to touch what the GOP tore apart. The GOP will live to regret what they have done.

First, the GOP hasn't really done anything yet, passing a bill out of the House is one small step ahead of nothing.

Second, the current ACA is a disaster and getting worse as insurance companies bail. The number of additional people insured now that weren't before is pretty much only the new people on Medicaid and those who are getting subsidized insurance. There's a whole lot of people who are insured today but can't afford to use it, and that ain't what I'd call progress. Fewer doctors who will take Medicaid patients too.

They did it 50+ times in the past . What are they waiting for?
Another dem president.

Another damn president? No, what the GOP is waiting for is a spine. A little backbone. And some organization. When you have jackasses in there like RINO John McCain, Toothless Mitch McConnell, ditsy Rand Paul, red-nosed Lindsey Graham, two-faced Marco Rubio, dim-witted Susan Collins, and useless Pat Toomey, it is hard to get anything accomplished. The GOP has no unity or agreement on anything. If anyone can blow the opportunity of having all of the offices, it is they. It will take Trump up their ass pushing to get the healthcare AND the tax reform through before end of year.

First, the GOP hasn't really done anything yet, passing a bill out of the House is one small step ahead of nothing.

Second, the current ACA is a disaster and getting worse as insurance companies bail. The number of additional people insured now that weren't before is pretty much only the new people on Medicaid and those who are getting subsidized insurance. There's a whole lot of people who are insured today but can't afford to use it, and that ain't what I'd call progress. Fewer doctors who will take Medicaid patients too.

I know a 61 year old Tawainese-American who lost his job during Obama years. Never got back to work. Forced to buy "upper-tier" ObamaCare as said he needs some medications. I think $1600/mo? Maybe said $1300/mo? For one only? Not married at this time, living in Santa Clara county (Bay Area).

I know a 61 year old Tawainese-American who lost his job during Obama years. Never got back to work. Forced to buy "upper-tier" ObamaCare as said he needs some medications. I think $1600/mo? Maybe said $1300/mo? For one only? Not married at this time, living in Santa Clara county (Bay Area).
This makes no sense.

If he never got back to work (thus no income) he'd either qualify for Medicaid or would have subsidies paying for most of those insurance premiums. According to the KFF calculator a 61 year old single non-smoker in zip code 95050 with $20k annual income would only pay $83/month for a Silver Plan, where out of pocket costs would be no more than $2,350 per year. I don't see how it's possible to have huge premiums in Obamacare with no/little income, it's the middle and upper middle class earners who get screwed.

This makes no sense.

If he never got back to work (thus no income) he'd either qualify for Medicaid or would have subsidies paying for most of those insurance premiums. According to the KFF calculator a 61 year old single non-smoker in zip code 95050 with $20k annual income would only pay $83/month for a Silver Plan, where out of pocket costs would be no more than $2,350 per year. I don't see how it's possible to have huge premiums in Obamacare with no/little income, it's the middle and upper middle class earners who get screwed.

You better re-think. It costs min $4K/mo to live up there. Houses are $800K meaning a payment near $3K/mo. He has to pull that out of an IRA now that he is over age 59 1/2 or savings? His income is minimum $48K/year required just to survive.

He was getting some Unemployment in the beginning at about $24K/year Taxable. That ran out. I don't pry but I guarantee his Property taxes and Insurance alone is close to $1K/mo. That has to come from somewhere. Sure it is FED tax deducitble but deductible vs. What? IRA income or past savings is how people have to live at that age. Rented rooms? who knows. I know he goes on Vacations all the time. Many times per year. He is getting income for that.

I know some of this because he wanted to argue with me that IRA affected SS payments if he took it at age 62. I was right. It does not?

Last edited:
I think he said platinum plan. I looked it up on coveredca.com and yes it was $1400-$1600/mo at $48K income. He said he also plays some poker. Maybe he has an income or gambling loss to offset IRA withdrawels? I did not pry too much information.

upload_2017-5-31_11-39-28.png

age 61. $48K.

upload_2017-5-31_11-40-11.png

Health Care Marketplace - Official Site| Covered California™

I don't think whatever a person has in a bank account or an IRA or stock holdings or any other asset has any bearing on your SSA benefits. Not does it matter what your current income is either, your payout depends on how much you contributed and what your age is, and that's it. I believe there is a minimum you can receive and also a maximum; some say we should means test a person's SSA benefits so that rich people don't get it cuz they don't need it. I don't much like that idea but we goota do something cuz the SSA Trust Fund will be bankrupt in 15 years or so.

Forum List

Back