Why I am a Republican

I love this new revisionist logic. The Southern Strategy never existed because Nixon did something for blacks. Lets recap this logic, The only way the Southern Strategy could be real is if Nixon did nothing for blacks at all.

This is how you link two pieces of info together that has nothing to do with the other.

Really let's recap, there was a southern strategy but it didn't involve black disenfranchisement as the left likes to lie. Much unlike LBJ's southern stratergy designed to fools and use the black vote.
Before the 1950's and the integration battle, the Republican party was a joke in the deep south. To register Republican meant you had no chance to vote in the election that really counted, the Democratic primary.

You call it what you like, but the fact is Democrats outside of the South sided strongly with Southern blacks starting in the early 1950's and after some years were able to get 90% of the black vote in many areas. Increasing numbers of white voters in the south turned Republican in response to the growing Democrat black vote.

Was there really a Republican plan at the national level to appeal to racism against African Americans in the south? I have no idea. However, locally Republicans were certainly appealing to the racism of whites in the south to draw them into the party. The line was drawn. Being Democrat meant you were siding with the Blacks, against states rights, and southern tradition. For many white southerns, the Republican party was the only option. I was there in 50's and 60's. Almost everything political was about race.

Last edited:
I knew that the left would get their panties all twisted in a knot over this video. Elbert Guillory, is a former democrat, and now he's a Republican State Senator. He's telling the truth. He's going to the black community with his message, and the lib's are foaming at the mouth. What could be nicer then that?

He changes parties whenever it suits him. He was a republican who ran as a Democrat and then switched back to Republican. That's some bonafide hard core conservative principles there!!! Something Cons can be proud of.

can you counter his points?

everytime...nope you gotta learn if you want info your conservadaddies aint giving it to you straight

ok...then counter them. why is the senator wrong?

Because his old self disagrees with his new self which also disagrees with his older self :lol:

Up until 2007, Guillory had been a registered Republican[6] and served on the Louisiana Republican state central committee.[7] He became a Democrat in 2007 when he first ran for the state House in the heavily Democratic District 40.[8][9][7] During the 2013 regular session of the Louisiana Legislature, Guillory switched his party affiliation back to Republican.[10]

everytime...nope you gotta learn if you want info your conservadaddies aint giving it to you straight

Because his old self disagrees with his new self which also disagrees with his older self :lol:

Up until 2007, Guillory had been a registered Republican[6] and served on the Louisiana Republican state central committee.[7] He became a Democrat in 2007 when he first ran for the state House in the heavily Democratic District 40.[8][9][7] During the 2013 regular session of the Louisiana Legislature, Guillory switched his party affiliation back to Republican.[10]

People with an open mind can sometimes change their oppinions.

He is a politician though. They tend to do that A LOT.

He was for Democrats before he was against them before he was against Republicans before he was for them. Does that make sense.:lol: What a stand up guy.:eusa_whistle:

The question still remains, "can you refute the Senator's points?" The liberal rope a dope of deflection wont work here. The Senator made some very good points. Can you refute them? While you're chewing on that here is the reason why Senator Guillory change parties.

Elbert Guillory: Why I Chose To Become A Republican | RealClearPolitics

He didn't make "good points" he made the exact SAME points as every other Repub. Bumper sticker talk and vagueness. "Freedom!"

The question still remains, "can you refute the Senator's points?" The liberal rope a dope of deflection wont work here. The Senator made some very good points. Can you refute them? While you're chewing on that here is the reason why Senator Guillory change parties.

He didn't make "good points" he made the exact SAME points as every other Repub. Bumper sticker talk and vagueness. "Freedom!"

Specifically, what points do you feel should be logged in the bad column, and why do you feel they're bad points?

Specifically, what points do you feel should be logged in the bad column, and why do you feel they're bad points?

They're not positions there platitudes

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KisCn1TyOc]LA Senator Elbert Guillory Why I Became A Republican and My Brothers and Sisters should Join Me - YouTube[/ame]

It's easy to get disenchanted about our future. But always remember that there are patriots left who will fight for what's right, and our ideas are the ones that would win any day against the left's.

While this video is about 6 months old, it's still amazing to hear. I think this is a great rebuttal to leftists' claims that Democrats are the "caring" party(this isn't just about blacks; this is the whole idea of the Dem vs. GOP mindset about government - master vs. servant).

"It's easy to get disenchanted about our future."

Yeah, it takes a Reagan optimist to see through rosy glasses....

Forum List

Back