Why I changed my mind on weed

Decriminalization is a totally different thing than glorification.

What we have seen lately is glorification of pot.

Decriminalization is needed ASAP, glorification is asinine. And harmful as is pot itself.

I worked construction while going to college. I will tell you without a doubt if an operator was running a backhoe I would choose to work around the guy who smoked weed the night before rather than the guy who drank the night before.

I find myself in the awkward position of agreeing with a bed wetting moonbat.

Alcohol leads to WAY MORE accidents, destruction, and just plain stupidity, than pot ever has.

I'm stuck with beer, since my career path (and wife :whip: ) forbids my consumption of something I actually prefer :420:. Now don't get me wrong, I love beer. It's the nectar of God.

However the worst thing about pot is that it makes people lethargic.

Gupta is an idiot of course, and he's just advancing the moonbat cause. I believe liberals want pot legalized because a lethargic stoned population is easier to control.

I think (and I believe all of those who aren't moonbats agree) that throwing people in jail for pot is not an effective means to preventing it's use, and that making it an illicit commodity has created a black market that wouldn't otherwise exist.

One of the most influential conservatives was William F. Buckley. After reading his op-ed "A Plea To Legalize Marijuana" I opened my mind to conservative ideas. Legalizing pot is fundamentally conservative. The government should not have the power to regulate your consumption of a plant that really causes no harm, or at least no more harm than other legally purchased commodities.

Republicans would CRUSH the democrook party if they could convince the "religious right" of that simple truth.

When I hear only praises about something I'm immediately suspicious because there is an upside and a downside to everything. Both sides have to be weighed when deciding what is the best course of action. My biggest concern is the effect legalization will have on the dealers themselves. There are a LOT of them and there is a LOT of money involved. What happens to them after legalization. Do they get legit jobs to support themselves and their families ? Do they move on to other illegal and possibly more dangerous activity ?
I'm sure we will learn more about the unintended consequences as times passes in the states that have already legalized it.

Well if it is anything like what happened to the rum running gangsters after prohibition was lifted they all become successful businessmen and politicians instead. Then again the line between those groups might as well not exist given how often they are caught crossing it. :D

The market for illegal drugs isn't going to disappear but it might take a hit if marijuana is legalized. Fewer customers means lower profits. On the other side the government manpower wasted on marijuana suppression can now be devoted to dealing with the genuinely dangerous illegal drugs. With fewer offenders behind bars for minor possession of weed offenses there will be space in the prison-industrial-complex to keep the dangerous drug criminals locked up for longer periods.

Oh ya----I can see small time local pot dealers becoming politicians and businessmen. :lol:

The way to sanely handle the subject of legalization is to allow localities to opt out of legalization. Just the same way we did when prohibition ended. There are "dry" counties and cities to this day. More with limitations on the hours liquor can be purchased.

Some cities will become more like Detroit and some cities will flourish. People who do not want to be subjected to the actions of drug addicts will be able to move away to safer places.

Detroit troubles certainly did not come from pot...

yes, they did. partially

Decriminalization is needed ASAP, glorification is asinine. And harmful as is pot itself.

I agree with you there.

The left glorifies it, again I think it's because they know a lethargic stoned population is more maliable.

They're certainly not concerned in the slightest about an individual's rights, they clearly hold that in contempt.

The way to sanely handle the subject of legalization is to allow localities to opt out of legalization. Just the same way we did when prohibition ended. There are "dry" counties and cities to this day. More with limitations on the hours liquor can be purchased.

Some cities will become more like Detroit and some cities will flourish. People who do not want to be subjected to the actions of drug addicts will be able to move away to safer places.

yes, they did. partially

really ? the are not even in the top ten in statistical use compared to many thriving cities hat are in the top ten ...you have nothing to substantiate this ludicrous claim

I agree with you there.

The left glorifies it, again I think it's because they know a lethargic stoned population is more maliable.

They're certainly not concerned in the slightest about an individual's rights, they clearly hold that in contempt.

yep. right on spot.

I've said it yesterday as well

I agree with you there.

thats right hippies and pot activist have always been so malleable...lol

yes, they did. partially

really ? the are not even in the top ten in statistical use compared to many thriving cities hat are in the top ten ...you have nothing to substantiate this ludicrous claim

are you THAT stupid?

Detroit is plagued by drug gangs and crime is through the roof.

But it has nothing to do with pot, sure :cuckoo:

I agree with you there.

yep, they have been. Sheeple

I agree with you there.

Look how many dead headed hippies bought into "progressive" stupidity.

Why I changed my mind on weed

Dr. Sanjay Gupta: Why I changed my mind on weed - CNN.com

CNN) -- Over the last year, I have been working on a new documentary called "Weed." The title "Weed" may sound cavalier, but the content is not.

I traveled around the world to interview medical leaders, experts, growers and patients. I spoke candidly to them, asking tough questions. What I found was stunning.

Long before I began this project, I had steadily reviewed the scientific literature on medical marijuana from the United States and thought it was fairly unimpressive. Reading these papers five years ago, it was hard to make a case for medicinal marijuana. I even wrote about this in a TIME magazine article, back in 2009, titled "Why I would Vote No on Pot."
Because you got high and now think weed is good for you.... Got it... Your a naive idiot.

Last edited:
I worked construction while going to college. I will tell you without a doubt if an operator was running a backhoe I would choose to work around the guy who smoked weed the night before rather than the guy who drank the night before.

Then your a idiot. Because both shouldn't effect what he is doing the next day.

Last edited:
legalized or not, people are going to smoke it. making it ilegal isn't stopping anyone from using it. if nothing else, legalization would take a lot of unnecessary pressure of our court and prison system. not to mention it would cut out an avenue of revenue for gangs and the illegal drug trade. it could even become a much needed source of revenue for the government.

I agree with you there.

Look how many dead headed hippies bought into "progressive" stupidity.

Pot smoking city council meetings will come up with some really far out man ideas..:lol:

yes, they did. partially

are you THAT stupid?

Probably has

A LOT MORE

to do with Crack, Heroin and Meth than a few stoned hippies watching Sponge Bob and eating twinkies.

Drug gangs are already starting to diversity and move to identity theft, which is real easy when the victim is also a drug user.

CBS4 Investigates: Gangs Move From Drugs To ID Theft « CBS Miami

For street gangs, identity theft and tax fraud are the new crack cocaine.

“Fact of the matter is there is a lot more money to be gained than slinging crack at the corner,” explained Lt. Luis Almaguer, head of Miami Dade’s gang unit. “We’re dealing with people who used to make a hundred here or there selling crack on the corner and now they are making thousands of dollars.”

In essence, as CBS4 investigator Jim DeFede discovered, the street gangs are diversifying into the highly profitable world of white collar crime.

“We are seeing the street gangs use the tax refund scams to fund their drug trafficking [and] to fund their ability to buy guns,” said Willy Ferrer, the U.S. Attorney for the Southern District of Florida. “Why? It’s lucrative, it’s less dangerous and it is something they can do easily

are you THAT stupid?

Probably has
A LOT MORE

to do with Crack, Heroin and Meth than a few stoned hippies watching Sponge Bob and eating twinkies.

probably not.

if dealing pot would be that miniscule Mexican cartels which thrive on marijuana business in the US would be beggars.

Forum List

Back