Why I changed my mind on weed

Drug gangs are already starting to diversity and move to identity theft, which is real easy when the victim is also a drug user.

drug gangs are an example how versatile and fast changing a business can be.

legalized or not, people are going to smoke it. making it ilegal isn't stopping anyone from using it. if nothing else, legalization would take a lot of unnecessary pressure of our court and prison system. not to mention it would cut out an avenue of revenue for gangs and the illegal drug trade. it could even become a much needed source of revenue for the government.

Legal or not people are going to rape and murder should we decriminalize that?

Pot is a gateway drug. Hell look what it did to this guy:

6a00d8341cc90353ef0105367e6525970b.jpg

Turned him into a raving idiot. A guy with absolutely no brain function. A guy who throws a ball like a girl.

Last edited:
really ? the are not even in the top ten in statistical use compared to many thriving cities hat are in the top ten ...you have nothing to substantiate this ludicrous claim

are you THAT stupid?

Detroit is plagued by drug gangs and crime is through the roof.

But it has nothing to do with pot, sure :cuckoo:

Probably has

A LOT MORE

to do with Crack, Heroin and Meth than a few stoned hippies watching Sponge Bob and eating twinkies.

You know what crack heads and tweekers and pill poppers have in common???? They ALL smoke pot.

I don't care what people drink or smoke when they drive as long as they drive safely.

Pot will be legalized soon simply because the government wants the revenue from taxes.

legalized or not, people are going to smoke it. making it ilegal isn't stopping anyone from using it. if nothing else, legalization would take a lot of unnecessary pressure of our court and prison system. not to mention it would cut out an avenue of revenue for gangs and the illegal drug trade. it could even become a much needed source of revenue for the government.

No. Raping and murder harms others. Duh.

Why I changed my mind on weed

Dr. Sanjay Gupta: Why I changed my mind on weed - CNN.com

CNN) -- Over the last year, I have been working on a new documentary called "Weed." The title "Weed" may sound cavalier, but the content is not.

I traveled around the world to interview medical leaders, experts, growers and patients. I spoke candidly to them, asking tough questions. What I found was stunning.

Long before I began this project, I had steadily reviewed the scientific literature on medical marijuana from the United States and thought it was fairly unimpressive. Reading these papers five years ago, it was hard to make a case for medicinal marijuana. I even wrote about this in a TIME magazine article, back in 2009, titled "Why I would Vote No on Pot."

Good article, thank you.

I know of no one who has been sexually traumatized or killed by tolerating pot smokers.

So does pot and other illegal narcotics.

I know of no one who has been sexually traumatized or killed by tolerating pot smokers.

Really??? Did you not hear about all the rapes in the Occupy protests?

so does smoking pot.
it harms others

When I hear only praises about something I'm immediately suspicious because there is an upside and a downside to everything. Both sides have to be weighed when deciding what is the best course of action. My biggest concern is the effect legalization will have on the dealers themselves. There are a LOT of them and there is a LOT of money involved. What happens to them after legalization. Do they get legit jobs to support themselves and their families ? Do they move on to other illegal and possibly more dangerous activity ?
I'm sure we will learn more about the unintended consequences as times passes in the states that have already legalized it.

Well if it is anything like what happened to the rum running gangsters after prohibition was lifted they all become successful businessmen and politicians instead. Then again the line between those groups might as well not exist given how often they are caught crossing it. :D

The market for illegal drugs isn't going to disappear but it might take a hit if marijuana is legalized. Fewer customers means lower profits. On the other side the government manpower wasted on marijuana suppression can now be devoted to dealing with the genuinely dangerous illegal drugs. With fewer offenders behind bars for minor possession of weed offenses there will be space in the prison-industrial-complex to keep the dangerous drug criminals locked up for longer periods.

Oh ya----I can see small time local pot dealers becoming politicians and businessmen. :lol:

If the Kennedy's could do it! The last 3 presidents have all smoked pot. 43% of Americans have tried it at least once so there is no reason to believe that doesn't hold true for politicians and businessmen too.

Forum List

Back