Why I Could Never Be GOP or Libertarian

These people don't give a flying fuck about the rights of the little guy. Sorry, but they want the 19th century and it is ugly.

The rich would keep on fucking us over and do far worse to the poor then they're currently doing. Thank god for some protections and regulations. If you truly want loserterianism I feel sorry for you.

The standard of living in the United States grew faster during the 19th century than at any time or in any place in the history of the world. What's "ugly" about that? The laizzes faire economy is the reason you have conveniences like electricity, television, telephone, refrigeration, indoor plumbing, the automobile, abundant food and modern medicine.
That's when there was a social contract between labor and business. All they care about now is profits and shareholders.

It's why America isn't great anymore
Mathew says it was some kind of despicable hell.

Look at the size of those "Alpha Hands"....

Charlie-Sheen061716-410x220.jpg
SiersK20160617_low.jpg

Listening to everything the GOP and Libertarians have to say, I have to say I viamently disagree with the direction they want to take America. They are a very selfish group.

Paul Ryan, the father of a Republican budget initiative that seeks to destroy Medicare and Social Security has continually invoked the name of Ayn Rand as his philosophical mentor and guide. Many other Republicans have do so too. They are embracing a philosophy which, according to Ayn Rand herself, is one of selfishness and is against all forms of Spirituality. The question any thoughtful Americans must ask themselves is: “Is this the America we want?”

And how do they get evangelicals to go along with them is beyond me.

Its a very selfish every man for himself mentality.

And Libertarians don't believe in the Commons. What are the Commons?

The Commons are resources that are owned by all of us. That includes the Grand Canyon, oil rights, power companies, roads, public airwaves, schools, etc.

Here is how they think. Libertarians think if we all own the land on which our sheep graze, we will each add one too many sheep until we destroy the land for future generations. That We the People can't manage the commons.

Libertarians think that if one person owns the land and charged everyone else grazing fees, he would be more committed to preserving it for the future than a village of farmers.

I disagree.
Progressives want to control every aspect of other people's lives, not my cup of tea.
Face it you're a control freak...

Listening to everything the GOP and Libertarians have to say, I have to say I viamently disagree with the direction they want to take America. They are a very selfish group.

Paul Ryan, the father of a Republican budget initiative that seeks to destroy Medicare and Social Security has continually invoked the name of Ayn Rand as his philosophical mentor and guide. Many other Republicans have do so too. They are embracing a philosophy which, according to Ayn Rand herself, is one of selfishness and is against all forms of Spirituality. The question any thoughtful Americans must ask themselves is: “Is this the America we want?”

The Commons are resources that are owned by all of us. That includes the Grand Canyon, oil rights, power companies, roads, public airwaves, schools, etc.

Here is how they think. Libertarians think if we all own the land on which our sheep graze, we will each add one too many sheep until we destroy the land for future generations. That We the People can't manage the commons.

Libertarians think that if one person owns the land and charged everyone else grazing fees, he would be more committed to preserving it for the future than a village of farmers.

I disagree.
Progressives want to control every aspect of other people's lives, not my cup of tea.

They are basically the Sith from Star Wars.

D
Trumps a mess. I would vote him over kasich Cruz rubio jeb too but that's as far as he goes.
Yikes sealybobo even I would have kept Cruz in the mix as the strongest Constitutionalist. Neither Trump nor Clinton will put the Constitution first without the insistence of peers, and they both show unwillingness to listen and comply with checks and balances.

What concerns me is who is going to either abuse or correct flaws in the justice system too easily abused to push politics. Clinton will put politics and party before the Constitution. Trump would push Conservatives but Justice Roberts was bought and sold out so that's no guarantee. With either candidate it looks like we can't trust either side to keep partisan bias out of courts laws and federal govt. Clinton and the cronies in that camp would push for partisan one sided beliefs at the expense of Constitutional equality and inclusion. And Trump would not listen to checks and balances but do his own thing regardless of other ppl or groups right or wrong. Neither is centered enough to represent the full diversity and voices of America, so they'd both need diverse teams of leaders to keep them and govt. In line. They are both too selfish and ego driven to inspire equal teamwork, which is going to have to come from the people agreeing to work together anyway. It's not going to come from them because they are both way too divisive and scary to ppl, and don't inspire faith in uniting and working together. Only bullying down the other side. My vote is for teamwork, consensus, inclusion and collaboration and there are no candidates who can pull this off alone. It looks like it would take all of them working together to represent the govt I believe the ppl of America deserve.
Do you want to know why you should stop voting for Republicans and libertarians? Go to marketplace.org and listen to the series The Price of Profits. Why careers are gone and jobs are next. It like a 4 part series. Sole responsibility of a corporation is to max profits for shareholders. This wasn't the way things were were like for people in the 50s-70s but slowly the social contract with workers has been broken.

You can thank Milton Freedman Ayn Rand Jack Walsh and this is the GOP way so fuck them. They represent the investor class. They've changed America for the worse.

I agree with compromise. A company should be a balance. Look out for workers and then max profits. But labor is a cost that cuts into profits

The reason middle class wages are flat is all the illegal aliens from third world countries that Dims are deliberately importing.
That's one reason and before you were pro illegals

When have I ever been pro-illegal?
"You" meaning the jobs Americans won't do crowd I was arguing with back in 2000-2008.

I disagree.
You just don't realize how going too far your way will ruin the middle class. And so then don't say you want to make America great again when what you really want to do is continue doing what bush was doing. Remember everything wrong with America are good for the rich. The GOP is the Ayn Rand Milton Freeman Enron anti labor party

We're moving to a temp society. No benefits, part time low wage. Why should corporations hire a full time person when temps are cheaper? Much cheaper.

And when jobs are scarce people will take what they can get.

There has to be an agreement between business and workers. Labor should have a seat at the table. In your world all that matters are shareholders. You've gone too far or will if we allow you to go further.

Hillary and democratic Senate will stop you

Clinton won't stop it, she will continue on full force, she is in bed with big business. Clinton will give more to the rich and foreign countries than you realize. Look at Obamacare, it didn't help the middle class, businesses started dropping workers to part time and offer less insurance and the costs went up. I'm dropping my companies insurance this year and going with less coverage because it will cost less. He is a small business and the costs are crazy for insurance.

Whoever believes the Democratic Party is for the middle class or the poor, is a sucker. If they were for the working guy, Sanders would have been the candidate, but the Democrats fought Sanders all the way, while Clinton was the establishment Democrats pick.

Now not only will labor be not allowed at the table, the won't be in the room or the building.

Clinton won't stop it, she will continue on full force, she is in bed with big business. Clinton will give more to the rich and foreign countries than you realize. Look at Obamacare, it didn't help the middle class, businesses started dropping workers to part time and offer less insurance and the costs went up. I'm dropping my companies insurance this year and going with less coverage because it will cost less. He is a small business and the costs are crazy for insurance.

Whoever believes the Democratic Party is for the middle class or the poor, is a sucker. If they were for the working guy, Sanders would have been the candidate, but the Democrats fought Sanders all the way, while Clinton was the establishment Democrats pick.

Now not only will labor be not allowed at the table, the won't be in the room or the building.
I agree a more liberal candidate would fight harder but I do believe once Americans understand the Ayn Rand Milton Friedman type capitalism that's being pushed on them and how its going to hurt the majority of us in the long run they will push 1 party to do something about the widening gap between rich and poor and we all know that's going to be the democrats.

I don't expect any politician to do anything unless pushed. This is why Bernie is staying in the race. He wants to make sure Clinton keeps some of her promises.

I didn't hate the rich during the Clinton years. I was doing OK too.

And I'm doing better now but I see and hear so many Americans don't have what you me and my parents have. And I did suffer from bushanomics. I don't want to go back to 2007

Corporations used to hire full time employees and paid them well and the employees had job security. Some companies paid well because they had to and some paid better than they maybe had to for social reasons. Maybe they made a profit and gave profit sharing.

But in gopland, throw all that out. All that matters is shareholder profits.

So unless you have a rare skill that can't possibly be done by a temp, you're done.

And don't think it can't happen to you. That's what architect's thought about outsourcing. That's what construction workers thought about illegals. And that's what Toyota and Honda employees think now. But more and more Toyota and Honda and even Ford and GM jobs are going to temp agencies. If you're OK with 35% of America being temp jobs how about 70%? It's coming

I agree a more liberal candidate would fight harder but I do believe once Americans understand the Ayn Rand Milton Friedman type capitalism that's being pushed on them and how its going to hurt the majority of us in the long run they will push 1 party to do something about the widening gap between rich and poor and we all know that's going to be the democrats.

I don't expect any politician to do anything unless pushed. This is why Bernie is staying in the race. He wants to make sure Clinton keeps some of her promises.

And I'm doing better now but I see and hear so many Americans don't have what you me and my parents have. And I did suffer from bushanomics. I don't want to go back to 2007

Meanwhile the facts are that libs have grown the government to be 10x bigger relative to the economy than it once was, and yet for some reason, the result has been widening inequality. Also, these people actively incentive people to be poor. They only care for votes and power.

It would be smart to go back to the time of voluntary transactions. That actually worked... But then there are these idiots who advocate for more government control, which has not worked.

These people don't give a flying fuck about the rights of the little guy. Sorry, but they want the 19th century and it is ugly.

The rich would keep on fucking us over and do far worse to the poor then they're currently doing. Thank god for some protections and regulations. If you truly want loserterianism I feel sorry for you.
Well if trump says he's going to make America great again I want to know specifics. My dad and mom both got pensions and good paying jobs with highschool educations. We paid $5 for emergency room visits. They were able to save for retirement. They got interest on their savings. They had job security.

Seriously listen to that marketplace.org series the price of profits.

Although it's not you who needs to listen to it. This next generation needs to realize the Republicans are trying to sell them that workers are a cost that hurts shareholder profits. That's how Republicans see workers
=====

Welcome to the United Corporate States of America

Democracy is dead

Long live the Corporation

Meanwhile the facts are that libs have grown the government to be 10x bigger relative to the economy than it once was, and yet for some reason, the result has been widening inequality. Also, these people actively incentive people to be poor. They only care for votes and power.

It would be smart to go back to the time of voluntary transactions. That actually worked... But then there are these idiots who advocate for more government control, which has not worked.
========
The fact is that government has grown much more under Republicans ( who claim they will reduce government ) than it has under Democratic administrations.

========
The fact is that government has grown much more under Republicans ( who claim they will reduce government ) than it has under Democratic administrations.
Not even counting all the "private contractors" the GOP loves to employ. The most obvious is haloburton.

========

Thanks for pointing to a other eternal problem: Rinos.

========

Thanks for pointing to a other eternal problem: Rinos.
You're such a right wing tool. You don't hear a word we say. We're showing you GOP policies over the last few decades have done harm to the middle class. It was Ayn Rand Milton Freeman policies. Paul Ryan worships thes men. Put 2 and 2 together you have to realize the GOP way is not good for Americas poor and middle class.

What years were the times of "voluntary transactions?

There's a reason unions exist. Workers were treated like shit. Are these the good old days?

What years were the times of "voluntary transactions?

There's a reason unions exist. Workers were treated like shit. Are these the good old days?

Employees were getting rich at a very fast rate. Today, only the government is getting rich. I know you hate prosperous workers. You just must really, really hate them.

Well if trump says he's going to make America great again I want to know specifics. My dad and mom both got pensions and good paying jobs with highschool educations. We paid $5 for emergency room visits. They were able to save for retirement. They got interest on their savings. They had job security.

Seriously listen to that marketplace.org series the price of profits.

Although it's not you who needs to listen to it. This next generation needs to realize the Republicans are trying to sell them that workers are a cost that hurts shareholder profits. That's how Republicans see workers
=====

Welcome to the United Corporate States of America

Democracy is dead

Long live the Corporation
You're thinking way too small. I'd love it if corporations only pitted union states against red states. Up north a $50k a year job can be done by a $30k temp employee and thats not including benefits.

Id have nothing to say if they kept it in America but they even pit low paid southern temp workers against Indian call centers, illegal workers and mexico and china. Multinational companies only care about shareholder profits. Nothing else

I disagree.

If it's very selfish for people to look out for him/herself, those on the government dole living off the taxpayers are the most selfish of all. They look out for themselves and do it with money someone else earned. The difference between me and one of those leeches is that the money I want to keep for myself is money I earned. The money they want is something they didn't do a damn thing to get.

Are you willing not claim that those on the dole actually give a shit that the money they have handed to them had to be taken from someone else first?

Forum List

Back