Why I don't believe in God

Do you really fool yourself into believing anyone at all cares why you don't believe in God? Really? LOL!!
Your inability to formulate a proper response to his comment is duly noted.

Well, frankly Scarlet . . . Like I said, WHO CARES???
You obviously do, you've answered twice so far on this page.

I get a kick out of rattling the cages of the demented.

So'd Igor,

Yuk! I smell your flesh burning already. TOAST!!

Your concession is duly noted.

You can't concede something that was never held.

You have a problem with logic, don't you?
No, logically, spirituality is obviously made up by people who fear death and the unknown. Like you.

Nope. That is an illogical and irrational theory and I illustrated it with an example. You cannot make up something and have it explain anything unless you're a crazy person. Case in point, your disbelief in God. You think God is made up... does God provide any comfort for you or explain anything to you? Of course not, that would be illogical.... crazy.

God was not made up to explain or console because we can't imagine things that aren't real and have them explain things. It simply defies logic. Humans HAD to believe first.

If there is no God, then where do the destroyed go to rest?
We don't know what happens to the soul when a person or frog or fly dies. Do you know? What actual scientific evidence do you have our soul is special and lives forever? Humans just wish they live forever. Churches pray on this

Let's do an exercise. Ready? What was your soul doing 13 million years before you were born?

At least 4 dead, 14 injured in Maryland crash

"At least four people were killed and 14 others injured after a church van crashed into a pickup truck and caught fire in Hyattsville, Md. on Sunday, according to local authorities."

What's the point of a god who never prevents this sort of thing. Church vans crash all the time.
But religion can explain this. So I suspect there are many other reasons you don't believe.

The woman suicide bomber was a real whore before she found Islam. Then she went the other extreme. Everything in moderation.

We don't know what happens to the soul when a person or frog or fly dies. Do you know? What actual scientific evidence do you have our soul is special and lives forever? Humans just wish they live forever. Churches pray on this

Let's do an exercise. Ready? What was your soul doing 13 million years before you were born?
I heard the other day, that according to Buddhist/hinduist tradition, the soul integrates from all kinds of things, including souls of stones, animals, plants, all kinds of objects, to form higher density souls like the human soul. Then there is the other scale in there too, that is above human, like the Buddha has a few past lives as a few gods. I think it is also possible that the souls not only integrate but disintegrate too, back into animals, plants, various objects. This may be too fantastic for the Buddhists to just invent it, I think they must have observed something.

I heard the other day, that according to Buddhist/hinduist tradition, the soul integrates from all kinds of things, including souls of stones, animals, plants, all kinds of objects, to form higher density souls like the human soul. Then there is the other scale in there too, that is above human, like the Buddha has a few past lives as a few gods. I think it is also possible that the souls not only integrate but disintegrate too, back into animals, plants, various objects. This may be too fantastic for the Buddhists to just invent it, I think they must have observed something.

For a Jewish perspective on this. Zohar: Genesis: Chapter LXXXVII. Kabbalistic Philosophy of the Soul

When I'm destroyed, I usually end up in my bed. Usually. :D
And what does he mean by destroyed? Does he mean dead?

That's what I'm wondering too. I've never heard anyone use that term in such a context before.
It's a scare tactic. He's trying to put the fear of God in us.

But that's not how convincing someone something is true should work. You should be able to rationally be able to convince me your God exists without resorting to scare me with the fear of hell or that not believing will prevent you from going to heaven.

This tactic might work on them but not me. If you can't prove your God is real fuck you and your fake ass God.

I would have been a fear factor champion because apparently fear is not a factor for me

That's what I'm wondering too. I've never heard anyone use that term in such a context before.

But that's not how convincing someone something is true should work. You should be able to rationally be able to convince me your God exists without resorting to scare me with the fear of hell or that not believing will prevent you from going to heaven.

This tactic might work on them but not me. If you can't prove your God is real fuck you and your fake ass God.

I would have been a fear factor champion because apparently fear is not a factor for me
It is amazing what becomes of a post when you lose it. Looks like this time it gained fear tactics. But no, the question is not moral or morality. The question is who if not God can give place to everything destroyed. It is also possible to argue that existence stops at the point of destruction. However in this case, does existence come out of nothing at the point of creation? And what is the point of creation if we assume no God?

It is amazing what becomes of a post when you lose it. Looks like this time it gained fear tactics. But no, the question is not moral or morality. The question is who if not God can give place to everything destroyed. It is also possible to argue that existence stops at the point of destruction. However in this case, does existence come out of nothing at the point of creation? And what is the point of creation if we assume no God?
What is our purpose? Maybe there is no purpose? What was the purpose of dinosaurs or the trilobites who ruled the planet before them? If we destroy ourselves and cockroaches rule the planet after we are gone, what is their purpose?

And when our solar system dies, what was the purpose?

And what about your great x 1000 grandparents?

I will be working a soup kitchen tomorrow. I'm making my life have purpose.

I think some people have a difficult time with the fact that things happen randomly to random people. It is not a punishment from a god or gods. Good people, bad people, religious people, non-religious people. It really doesn't seem to matter. They have a hard time accepting that there may be no "higher purpose" and that perhaps nothing exists after death. I think fear of the unknown and the urge to try and explain things is another factor on why religion exists. Besides different gods and small differences in different religious beliefs throughout time, they all seem to be based on pretty much the same things. Man trying to explain things he doesn't understand and fears.

I think some people have a difficult time with the fact that things happen randomly to random people. It is not a punishment from a god or gods. Good people, bad people, religious people, non-religious people. It really doesn't seem to matter. They have a hard time accepting that there may be no "higher purpose" and that perhaps nothing exists after death. I think fear of the unknown and the urge to try and explain things is another factor on why religion exists. Besides different gods and small differences in different religious beliefs throughout time, they all seem to be based on pretty much the same things. Man trying to explain things he doesn't understand and fears.
And theists want to impose their wishful thinking on us but want us to keep quiet if we don't want to go along.

How about I'll keep my beliefs to myself when they keep their beliefs to themselves. For example, if I want to get an abortion I don't want to hear what their God thinks about it.
From now on when I sneeze and someone says God bless you I'm going to start responding back "who?"

I think fear of the unknown and the urge to try and explain things is another factor on why religion exists.

A-gain... This is irrational and illogical. If it were a valid hypothesis, you would be able to invent something in your mind that would suffice as an explanation or consolation. You can't. It doesn't work... go ahead and give it a try! You can't make yourself believe questions are answered or fears consoled by imagining something that isn't real.

Why does everyone continue to ignore this fact?

Religions exist because humans are trying to explain their spirituality. We've ALWAYS had spirituality. There is no time in human history where spirituality did not exist. It is the driving force of humanity. Everyone has it, even if you don't believe in a deity or religion. It is what compels you to love and have compassion. We have all kinds of ways to define our spirit... our inner self... who we are on the inside. Surely you are not so disconnected that you don't realize these things.

And theists want to impose their wishful thinking on us but want us to keep quiet if we don't want to go along.

How about I'll keep my beliefs to myself when they keep their beliefs to themselves. For example, if I want to get an abortion I don't want to hear what their God thinks about it.
From now on when I sneeze and someone says God bless you I'm going to start responding back "who?"

Theism is a byproduct of spirituality. There are good aspects and bad aspects to religions. Trying to divorce yourself from spirit is futile. Most Nihilists (and that's what you are) live dreadful and depressing lives and die before they turn 65. Failing to nourish your spirit is a death sentence.

Now... all of that said, the issue of abortion is a societal issue of which the parameters are decided by civilization... not you. We don't get to live in a civilization and behave however we damn well please. You can't kill people who bug you, for instance. It doesn't matter if YOU think that's okay. YOU don't get to decide on your own what rules you follow in society.

People who are religious in their beliefs are a part of the society you live in and in our country, they are free to exercise their religious beliefs. This includes making laws and governing on the basis of those beliefs... again, it's not up to YOU. There are all kinds of laws that I personally don't like. I don't get to pick and choose which laws to obey.

I wonder how come so many poor uneducated peasant Mexican's believe in God and my ignorant grandmother with a 5th grade education from Greece gets Christianity but I'm not smart enough to get it. I must be really stupid.

Or is it that it doesn't take any thought to believe. Most believers won't even question it. That's not thought. That's cognitive dissonance.

the state of having inconsistent thoughts, beliefs, or attitudes, especially as relating to behavioral decisions and attitude change.

Theism is a byproduct of spirituality. There are good aspects and bad aspects to religions. Trying to divorce yourself from spirit is futile. Most Nihilists (and that's what you are) live dreadful and depressing lives and die before they turn 65. Failing to nourish your spirit is a death sentence.

Now... all of that said, the issue of abortion is a societal issue of which the parameters are decided by civilization... not you. We don't get to live in a civilization and behave however we damn well please. You can't kill people who bug you, for instance. It doesn't matter if YOU think that's okay. YOU don't get to decide on your own what rules you follow in society.

People who are religious in their beliefs are a part of the society you live in and in our country, they are free to exercise their religious beliefs. This includes making laws and governing on the basis of those beliefs... again, it's not up to YOU. There are all kinds of laws that I personally don't like. I don't get to pick and choose which laws to obey.
Richard Branson is going to die this year?

Famous atheists and their beliefs - CNN.com

Sir Ian McKellen

Andy Rooney age 92

Billy Joel age 66

You are a piece of shit perfect example of an asshole who believes in god and thinks that makes you good but the truth comes out. Wishing death on someone because they don't share your delusions or because they argue with you. You'd be a perfect scientologist. They don't allow any negativity in their lives. If you call BS on their bs, they just disown you.

Now I will go back to not responding to you. But I love how a true believer like you can be such an evil prick and honestly think a god talks to you or a heaven is awaiting. You are a delusional loser, not a Boss.

At least 4 dead, 14 injured in Maryland crash

"At least four people were killed and 14 others injured after a church van crashed into a pickup truck and caught fire in Hyattsville, Md. on Sunday, according to local authorities."

What's the point of a god who never prevents this sort of thing. Church vans crash all the time.
strange that four people die in a car crash and the OP gives up God instead of giving up driving.......

Forum List

Back