Why I don't believe in God

But again... You say some human "decided" a Ju-Ju monster was responsible... HOW?

We just went over how this is illogical. You can't invent something out of imagination and have it explain something real.... We both agreed above... Right???? :dunno:

And let me turn this back around on your science id and pose a question... Can you explain the reason why some atoms become electrically charged to create electromagnetism? Can you explain why the friction of a lightning bolt moving through our atmosphere creates sound waves to cause thunder? How about why 2 atoms of hydrogen can bond with 1 atom of oxygen to create a compound essential for life? Can you explain why our universe has 41 cosmological constants that math says is virtually impossible to calculate the odds of them all being precise?

You see; I can't answer those questions either, and neither can science.

Nobody can explain those things....yet. Just as nobody could explain how reproduction happened, or lightning, or how fish breath underwater.

But for some people to turn around and say, "some supernatural being clicked its fingers and it just happened" begs the question "but how did the clicking of the fingers cause it to happen?"

Hold on... There are all kinds of things we can explain HOW they happen. The part that we struggle with in science is WHY they happen. These are two different things.

We can sometimes even string together why one thing makes another thing happen. But regardless of your theory or religion... We do not know WHY it all happened.

Now I say this to convey that humans are spiritually driven by something greater than self. We call this "inspired" and we have "inspiration". This is what makes us different. Human.

All other aspects of what we are, stem ultimately from the fact that we are spiritually inspired creatures. It drove our curiosity to climb down from the trees or out of our caves and learn, explore, dream, achieve, create. It is the ultimate essence of who we are.

I cannot accept that humans have done all they have done while suffering from 70-100k years of psychosis. That human spirituality is some sort of invention from imagination. This will never make rational sense to me.

OF COURSE humans have misunderstood their spirituality and grappled with how to deal with that. CERTAINLY some humans have exploited that aspect of our condition. ABSOLUTELY humans have used their spiritual beliefs to explain things that couldn't be explained. BUT... they couldn't have invented spirituality. It's illogical.

Hold on... There are all kinds of things we can explain HOW they happen. The part that we struggle with in science is WHY they happen. These are two different things.
Oops! He realizes he's getting his ass booted, so it's TIME TO MOVE THE GOALPOSTS! :lol:

You can't invent something out of imagination and have it explain something real.... We both agreed above... Right???? :dunno:

The god of war, the god of thunder, god of the sea... Man has invented a lot of imagined people to explain all kinds of things. Please take some history lessons.

You're right on schedule and missing the point as usual.

All the gods you mention were believed to be real. They weren't imaginary to those who believed in them, they were very real and taken very seriously as being very real. This is simply more evidence to add to the pile of evidence supporting strong human spirituality.

Oops! He realizes he's getting his ass booted, so it's TIME TO MOVE THE GOALPOSTS! :lol:

Move the goal posts? No... don't think so. Also, don't think I am getting my ass booted.

You really are a delusional little prick in the mornings, aren't you?

You can't invent something out of imagination and have it explain something real.... We both agreed above... Right???? :dunno:

The god of war, the god of thunder, god of the sea... Man has invented a lot of imagined people to explain all kinds of things. Please take some history lessons.

All the gods you mention were believed to be real. They weren't imaginary to those who believed in them, they were very real and taken very seriously as being very real. This is simply more evidence to add to the pile of evidence supporting strong human spirituality.
They believed those gods were real and they were wrong, just like you.

Yes.. .humans have been suffering psychosis for 70k years but managed to do so much more than any other species. :cuckoo:

Yes.. .humans have been suffering psychosis for 70k years but managed to do so much more than any other species. :cuckoo:
And doing more than any other species proves what? Nothing? Oh, ok.

Let's be clear on something... I cannot prove to you that any God exists. Do you have a problem comprehending that or something? Because, over and over again, I get this same retort... like you think somehow, I am going to suddenly find a way to do what I can't do.

We were having a perfectly reasonable conversation about human spiritual belief and how it came about. You've apparently not kept up with the thread. You just want to waddle in and interject your general obnoxiousness.

I've gone over the argument that humans invented spirituality with two different people and explained how that theory is illogical and irrational. It's fine if you still want to believe it, people believe irrational stuff all the time. I'm here to discuss this or any other idea, not to demand you do something you cannot do.

Let's be clear on something... I cannot prove to you that any God exists. Do you have a problem comprehending that or something? Because, over and over again, I get this same retort... like you think somehow, I am going to suddenly find a way to do what I can't do.

We were having a perfectly reasonable conversation about human spiritual belief and how it came about. You've apparently not kept up with the thread. You just want to waddle in and interject your general obnoxiousness.

I've gone over the argument that humans invented spirituality with two different people and explained how that theory is illogical and irrational. It's fine if you still want to believe it, people believe irrational stuff all the time. I'm here to discuss this or any other idea, not to demand you do something you cannot do.
Your concession is duly noted.

At least 4 dead, 14 injured in Maryland crash

"At least four people were killed and 14 others injured after a church van crashed into a pickup truck and caught fire in Hyattsville, Md. on Sunday, according to local authorities."

What's the point of a god who never prevents this sort of thing. Church vans crash all the time.

Do you really fool yourself into believing anyone at all cares why you don't believe in God? Really? LOL!!

"At least four people were killed and 14 others injured after a church van crashed into a pickup truck and caught fire in Hyattsville, Md. on Sunday, according to local authorities."

What's the point of a god who never prevents this sort of thing. Church vans crash all the time.

Do you really fool yourself into believing anyone at all cares why you don't believe in God? Really? LOL!!
Your inability to formulate a proper response to his comment is duly noted.

Well, frankly Scarlet . . . Like I said, WHO CARES???

So when you wrote, "Well . . . waiting. :)" you didn't know wtf you were posting?

That clears everything up!

Besides your claim of some mystical "light", nothing.

I didn't say the light was mystical.

But, YOU did say you were waiting for something BEFORE you denied that you were waiting for something.

Are you related to John F'n Kerry?

What are you babbling about? Do I look like John Kerry to you? What in the hell kind of stupid question is that?

LOL!

What am I babbling about? Darlin' I'm just quoting YOU. That's why it sounds like babble.

In September 2003, Kerry implied that voting against wartime funding bills was equivalent to abandoning the troops.

"I don't think any United States senator is going to abandon our troops and recklessly leave Iraq to whatever follows as a result of simply cutting and running," he said.

Then, in October 2003, a year after voting to support the use of force in Iraq, Kerry voted against an $87 billion supplemental funding bill for U.S. troops in Iraq and Afghanistan. He did support an alternative bill that funded the $87 billion by cutting some of President Bush's tax cuts.

But when it was apparent the alternative bill would not pass, he decided to go on record as not supporting the legislation to fund soldiers.

Kerry complicated matters with his now infamous words, "I actually did vote for the $87 billion before I voted against it."
--excerpt from Kerry's Top Ten Flip-Flops

Kerry voted FOR it BEFORE he voted AGAINST it. :: You said you were waiting for something BEFORE you immediately denied that you were waiting for anything.

Maybe you ARE related to ol' Lurch.

Sorry that you are a wacko, but I don't have a clue as to what you are babbling about. You came onto this thread incoherently babbling about some "light." Lol. I was just humoring you because I think you are whack.

I am sorry you are so feeble and addled that you can't track any part of the conversation.

You aren't so much a whacko as just a putz.

So when you wrote, "Well . . . waiting. :)" you didn't know wtf you were posting?

That clears everything up!

Besides your claim of some mystical "light", nothing.

I didn't say the light was mystical.

But, YOU did say you were waiting for something BEFORE you denied that you were waiting for something.

Are you related to John F'n Kerry?

You were the one that was here earlier in the day babbling something about your "light." What in the hell were you talking about, tough guy?

No. That's just your confusion on clear display. Like a High Def screen.

Here, darlin': try to follow along.

What I did was use an old euphemistic kind of expression. The light dawned on me. Sorry. It's probably a generational thing. There's even some old songs about seeing "the light." Hank Williams had a catchy version:

"I saw the light, I saw the light
No more darkness, no more night
Now I'm so happy no sorrow in sight
Praise the Lord I saw the light"

Hank Williams - I Saw The Light Lyrics | MetroLyrics

I believe Johnny Cash did a cover of it, too.

Sorry, I think you are the one confused. I have no idea why you would be posting crappy country music. :D Terrible. You have terrible taste in music.

YOU clearly still haven't seen the light, cup cake.

You obviously do, you've answered twice so far on this page.

I get a kick out of rattling the cages of the demented.

I get a kick out of rattling the cages of the demented.

So'd Igor,

Forum List

Back