Why I don't believe in God

At least 4 dead, 14 injured in Maryland crash

"At least four people were killed and 14 others injured after a church van crashed into a pickup truck and caught fire in Hyattsville, Md. on Sunday, according to local authorities."

What's the point of a god who never prevents this sort of thing. Church vans crash all the time.
strange that four people die in a car crash and the OP gives up God instead of giving up driving.......
Do you wish Atheists and Muslims well? Because as an Atheist, if I believed in God, I would pray for Muslims, Jews and Christians. I honestly don't care what you all believe as long as we can all get along.

I don't think you will go to hell for believing nonsense but you think we're going to hell for not believing your nonsense.

I don't think you will go to hell for believing nonsense but you think we're going to hell for not believing your nonsense.
that pretty much covers it, yes.......I believe you will not be going to the Christian paradise if you refuse to believe there is a Christian god......to be honest I would consider it illogical to think I was going to a place I refused to believe existed, but then, I'm not an atheist so don't ask ME to explain how your mind works.......

that pretty much covers it, yes.......I believe you will not be going to the Christian paradise if you refuse to believe there is a Christian god......to be honest I would consider it illogical to think I was going to a place I refused to believe existed, but then, I'm not an atheist so don't ask ME to explain how your mind works.......

Lets say someone tells me all about Hawaii but because I have never seen any proof of a place I don't believe it exists. If you could provide some evidence a place exists, maybe I would believe. But because you can't, until you put me on a plane and send me there, I won't believe it exists. And neither should you.

Lets say someone tells me all about Hawaii but because I have never seen any proof of a place I don't believe it exists. If you could provide some evidence a place exists, maybe I would believe. But because you can't, until you put me on a plane and send me there, I won't believe it exists. And neither should you.
why whine about never having been to Hawaii when you don't believe it exists?.....yet atheists whine all the time that the evil God won't let them in unless they believe in him.......

Do you wish Atheists well?
I would wish you Happy Thanksgiving but I don't have a clue who you would be thanking......
Thankful for my life, my family and friends, my health, my success in life, intelligence, the time I got on this earth.

Thankful for the food on the table, etc. Do you think only Christians and Muslims and Jews can celebrate Thanksgiving? And I've heard many a "I'm thankful for" speeches and no one ever says god. They are always thankful for the real tangible or physical things they have.

why whine about never having been to Hawaii when you don't believe it exists?.....yet atheists whine all the time that the evil God won't let them in unless they believe in him.......
Agreed! It makes no sense. A real God wouldn't care if you believed in him. Now a church/cult??? That's a completely different story.

“I would love to believe that when I die I will live again, that some thinking, feeling, remembering part of me will continue. But much as I want to believe that, and despite the ancient and worldwide cultural traditions that assert an afterlife, I know of nothing to suggest that it is more than wishful thinking. The world is so exquisite with so much love and moral depth, that there is no reason to deceive ourselves with pretty stories for which there’s little good evidence. Far better it seems to me, in our vulnerability, is to look death in the eye and to be grateful every day for the brief but magnificent opportunity that life provides.” – Carl Sagan

The thread is asking why people do NOT believe, so no it's not whining.

It's more like the religious people keep coming into the thread and whining about people not believing. :D Lol. I actually had a religious poster come into this thread and put me on ignore because of something I posted, and it was actually pretty mild! :lol: So, religious people, if you cannot handle reading any opinions that run counter to your beliefs or opinions ABOUT your beliefs, and then want to accuse others of "whining" or whatnot, then maybe you just should avoid these types of threads? Hmm? ;)

And if they can't give us good reasons why our reasons are wrong, I guess that means the evidence for God is really weak. And it isn't like we don't WANT to believe. We just can't. I'd like to force myself to believe something that is unbelievable but as hard as I try how can they expect me to believe something I just don't believe? Then they say that's fine if I don't believe but I should just keep my mouth shut and not ruin their racket?

You have to really WANT to believe in God to believe in God. I mean want to even despite it being illogical. That's wishful thinking and again, cognitive dissonance. There must be some kind of road block that blocks the god gene from their common sense gene. The common sense gene should say hey wait a minute when it hears about virgin births but the god gene wants to believe so badly it overrides rational thought process. Plus if you were brianwashed from age 2 years old, what do you expect.

It's more like the religious people keep coming into the thread and whining about people not believing. :D Lol. I actually had a religious poster come into this thread and put me on ignore because of something I posted, and it was actually pretty mild! :lol: So, religious people, if you cannot handle reading any opinions that run counter to your beliefs or opinions ABOUT your beliefs, and then want to accuse others of "whining" or whatnot, then maybe you just should avoid these types of threads? Hmm? ;)
I bet religious people hate the invention of the internet.

Internet is a TOOL OF SATAN that destroys belief, study claims

A US computer scientist has released a study claiming to have found out why so many Americans are abandoning their religious faith and says it's the internet's fault.

Downey analyzed data from 20 years of polling by the National Opinion Research Center for its General Social Survey. He found that the number of people citing no religious belief increased from 8 to 18 per cent between 1990 and 2010, and argues the growth of internet use accounts for a large proportion of that.

Another important factor in the reduction of faith, according to the data, is having a college education.

Internet use is certainly causing religions many problems. Last year the head of the Mormon church in Europe, Hans Mattsson, caused an outcry when he reported that Mormon leaders refused to answer questions raised by greater knowledge of the founder of the church Joseph Smith.

"When members are using the internet, everything is there and they found out a lot of questions about the church history," Mattsson told The New York Times. Being a high leader in the church they passed those questions to me and I had to deal with them. We found out the church didn't give me any answers really."

This is not a new problem. The early Catholic church frowned upon translating the Bible into languages other than Latin, ostensibly because this was meddling with the word of god, but arguably also because it's easier to control a flock of parishioners when only the priest can translate life's instruction manual.

I'm talking about those who say "I don't believe in a God who is so evil he makes me believe in him before I can go to heaven".......
Why would a god be have human characteristics like being petty? He craves being worshipped? By us, one tiny little species on one tiny little rock surrounding one tiny little sun? There are so many other living things in the universe and he's worried about you?

lol.....religious people should avoid religion boards because atheists need them to criticize what we believe......and you don't know why we consider you irrational......

"Downey analyzed data from 20 years of polling by the National Opinion Research Center for its General Social Survey. He found that the number of people citing no religious belief increased from 8 to 18 per cent between 1990 and 2010, and argues the growth of internet use accounts for a large proportion of that."

Which fails as a classic example of a confusion of correlation and causation fallacy.

Forum List

Back