Why I don't care why you don't believe in God.

As an atheist, I have never been inclined to go door to door convincing people there is no God. I have not insisted it be taught in schools or printed on our money

Funny how an atheist never knocked on my door with their pamphlets of salvation

And isn't proselytizing part of christianity?

IMO you should all mind your own fucking business

I'm Catholic, I've never knocked on doors, tried to convert anyone and pretty much mind my biz regarding religion....I can't say the same for atheists

When has an atheist ever walked up to you in real life

Anonymous message boards don't count

Atheists exhort against religion all the time. I've had employers that had to ban all discussion of political and social issues in the break rooms, because people got tired of trying to eat their lunches while hearing militant atheists loudly excoriating various religious groups to their friends. I used to work for a mail-order pharmacy, and had customers launch into atheist (also political) tirades while I was trying to process their prescription orders. Never had a Christian try to evangelize me over the phone, but I've sure as shit had to bite my tongue while some asswad ranted about how "Christians are morons".

Fucking people are just unhinged, I swear.

I'm Catholic, I've never knocked on doors, tried to convert anyone and pretty much mind my biz regarding religion....I can't say the same for atheists

Oh they have, I had an episode once where an old hag tried to tell our youngest God doesn't exist. Big mistake on the hag's part

People have no idea how to behave in polite society any more.

Talk to my kid. I dare you. You'll be evangelizing through a fat lip.

It's not that christians push their religion on others. It's the fact they ostercize and discrminate against those who don't hold the same beliefs. This hardly happens in my country but in a lot of states atheists & agnostics are bullied and threatened, including children. They also don't have to push their religion on anyone because they indoctrinate their children.

Exactly.....all that ancient god worship bullshit would have died 1500 years ago if not for childhood brainwashing. A child can be taught anything. For thousands of years consuming human flesh was a religious ritual. The irony of that is that Christianity also has a cracker/wine consumption which represents consuming flesh and blood. It's in the scriptures:

Matthew 26:
26 While they were eating, Jesus took bread, and when he had given thanks, he broke it and gave it to his disciples, saying, "Take and eat; this is my body."

John 6:
55"For My flesh is true food, and My blood is true drink.…
Exactly? Then you proceed (with your massive IQ as reported earlier) to go off on a Christian belief, which isn't literal and has zip to do with your comparison the cannibalism. Plus you didn't back up his claim that people were discriminated against by Christians, which is what should have followed after agreeing emphatically with his wrong headed point.

And how many times has someone knocked on your door? And when they did....was you really offended? Or were you annoyed like the rest of us..but go one with the day?

I will never understand why people are so freaked out by Jehovah's Witnesses. You just say, "I have a faith I'm very happy with", and they move on. I appreciate that they're concerned about my soul. That's very nice of them. Politely decline and forget about it. No butthurt required.

...because I don't care.
And I think I can pretty much speak for 98% of the population...no one cares.
Only thing we wonder is why do atheist insist on telling everyone multiple times?
I don't believe there is a Big Foot...I have never made 30 threads telling why.

Because people who believe want to shove it in our faces all the time. Creationism as science, vehement protests against gay marriage and abortion...

Agree. The one big thing that turns me off most to religion is the religious people themselves. :D Lol.

Which is why the Bible reminds us not to look to people, because people suck.

It is a fact that I'm a much better Christian if I stay the hell away from other Christians. Of course, you can say the same about humans in general. I'm a much nicer person if I avoid people.

...because I don't care.
Only thing we wonder is why do atheist insist on telling everyone multiple times?

I guess you do since you took the time to start a thread about it. Ha ha! :itsok:

I started a thread about Big Foot?

Don't has a sad now. We who don't believe/question beliefs have just as much right to express our thoughts and opinions as anyone else here in America. Thank you. :)

No one said you didn't. Why do people always assume "Why the fuck are you telling me about it?" translates to "YOU CAN'T TALK ABOUT THAT!"?

You have a right to rant ad nauseam about why you work so hard at disbelieving in something. We have a right to wonder why you think you need to.

You don't have/didn't have any kids in school?
What's that got to do with the topic ?
The entire
...because I don't care.

I guess you do since you took the time to start a thread about it. Ha ha! :itsok:

I started a thread about Big Foot?

I was addressing the first line of your OP and the title of your thread. :D

Actually this thread is a smartass response to another thread entitled "Why I don't believe in God"...

Yes, I'm aware of that. My point stands though. People who don't believe can in fact express that here in America. One of the most wonderful things about our country actually. :)

Your point is still irrelevant. No one has ever claimed you didn't have a right to do it. They've just questioned what the fucking point of doing so is.

Its obvious that you DO care that others don't believe in a god.

No, and perhaps this thread is in the wrong forum, this thread is basically a smartass response to the thread "Why I don't believe in God:..so I created one saying "Why I don't care that you don'...."

Well, I find the topic of why people do or do not believe to be kind of interesting actually. I am interested in talking about why I am very, very skeptical. It certainly isn't because I want to "hurt" you or other religious people. I think my theories on religion make a lot of sense and I like to talk about them.

I don't find it the least bit interesting, as a rule, since the reason people do or don't believe - particularly if they're evangelizing - generally boils down to "Because I'm the cleverest guy in the room!" Ego is not interesting.

...because I don't care.

There's been a billion "Hell Fire and Damnation" sermons preached and anybody who believes a damn one of them is either brainwashed or ignorant. You either have to go with the flow or STFU!!!

tennessee-pentecostal-snake-handlers-don-t-care-about-the-law-hero-original-1389653170.jpg

So, the rest of you non-believers, do you really wonder why WE wonder what the purpose of this sort of post is? Why, precisely, does Campbell feel compelled to give us an opinion of our beliefs and/or our intelligence for having those beliefs that no one asked him for, or has ever indicated they care about or respect?

...because I don't care.

There's been a billion "Hell Fire and Damnation" sermons preached and anybody who believes a damn one of them is either brainwashed or ignorant. You either have to go with the flow or STFU!!!

tennessee-pentecostal-snake-handlers-don-t-care-about-the-law-hero-original-1389653170.jpg

So, the rest of you non-believers, do you really wonder why WE wonder what the purpose of this sort of post is? Why, precisely, does Campbell feel compelled to give us an opinion of our beliefs and/or our intelligence for having those beliefs that no one asked him for, or has ever indicated they care about or respect?
You get so touchy when your beliefs are challenged

It's not that christians push their religion on others. It's the fact they ostercize and discrminate against those who don't hold the same beliefs. This hardly happens in my country but in a lot of states atheists & agnostics are bullied and threatened, including children. They also don't have to push their religion on anyone because they indoctrinate their children.

Exactly.....all that ancient god worship bullshit would have died 1500 years ago if not for childhood brainwashing. A child can be taught anything. For thousands of years consuming human flesh was a religious ritual. The irony of that is that Christianity also has a cracker/wine consumption which represents consuming flesh and blood. It's in the scriptures:

Matthew 26:
26 While they were eating, Jesus took bread, and when he had given thanks, he broke it and gave it to his disciples, saying, "Take and eat; this is my body."

John 6:
Exactly? Then you proceed (with your massive IQ as reported earlier) to go off on a Christian belief, which isn't literal and has zip to do with your comparison the cannibalism. Plus you didn't back up his claim that people were discriminated against by Christians, which is what should have followed after agreeing emphatically with his wrong headed point.
not wrong. I can show you hundreds of examples.

Matthew 26:

John 6:

Hurting your feelings is how you define persecution? Was that a joke?

Matthew 26:

John 6:

Watch the video you idiot. Children were being ostercized, their parents even had members of the christian community call their boss to complain about bringing an athesist to town, Really who does that. The community shunned them and isloated them. Sounds very christian of them. One family was evicted out of their home when it was found out they were atheists. School students are threatened and bullied because of their belief. You watch every minute of the video and tell me you're OK with the actions of these christians and that will tell me what kind of person you are. Maybe you are only OK with atheists being verbally abused and didn't watch the rest but I'll hold until you've told me you've seen the whole video.

Matthew 26:

John 6:

Watch the video you idiot. Children were being ostercized, their parents even had members of the christian community call their boss to complain about bringing an athesist to town, Really who does that. The community shunned them and isloated them. Sounds very christian of them. One family was evicted out of their home when it was found out they were atheists. School students are threatened and bullied because of their belief. You watch every minute of the video and tell me you're OK with the actions of these christians and that will tell me what kind of person you are. Maybe you are only OK with atheists being verbally abused and didn't watch the rest but I'll hold until you've told me you've seen the whole video.
You're the idiot if you think I'm wasting my time watching videos of atheists all butt hurt because they think they're being persecuted. If you were right, there would be evidence all over the internet. Post a link with the supportive evidence and quit demanding people accept opinion for fact.

...because I don't care.
Muslims don't cut peoples heads off for denying the existence of big foot. Why do they care if we deny the existence of God? If I truly believed I would feel sorry for atheists not anger.

If I thought big foot was being used to control manipulate and suppress us I'd start a thread about it.

The ignorant pricks have decided they are the light they are the way and all must follow.

Christmas is an especially good season to amp up their liberal displays of intolerance. Those shitting on the holiday like nothing more than vandals to play to their agendas can go fuck themselves.
Actually a part of us feels bad telling you children Santa ain't real. We feel bad for you ignorant folk who aren't hurting anyone but yourself. But then you all raise another generation of stupid.

99% of the time we bite our lip. Consider usmb the pillow I put over my mouth when I scream.

...because I don't care.
Because people who believe want to shove it in our faces all the time. Creationism as science, vehement protests against gay marriage and abortion..., religious wars we all get dragged into... So maybe just shut the fuck up with all the bullshit and stay out of everyone's faces and we'll quick laughing at you all.
And thanks for YOUR thread telling us why... Idiot.

Abortion is morally fucking wrong regardless of the bible and goes against nature.
Nature doesn't give a fuck about one little seed fetus. A dog may have no choice but to give birth to a litter but humans have choices.

...because I don't care.

And us athiests don't give a shit if you want to believe in some superstitious non-entity. Believe in the tooth fairy, Easter Bunny and Santa Claus too. Just DON'T legislate it into law and we'll all be happy. Don't get involved in abortion, sexual orientation or any other thing that bigotted religious zealots want to impose on the rest of the population. Try it.

...because I don't care.
Because people who believe want to shove it in our faces all the time. Creationism as science, vehement protests against gay marriage and abortion..., religious wars we all get dragged into... So maybe just shut the fuck up with all the bullshit and stay out of everyone's faces and we'll quick laughing at you all.
And thanks for YOUR thread telling us why... Idiot.

Abortion is morally fucking wrong regardless of the bible and goes against nature.

BS. Nature is a cruel beast. In nature many species practice infanticide.

Name the fucking mammals that stick a branch up their twat and abort?

Killing another males offspring is not abortion...
Hey, sometimes you got to thin the herd.

Forum List

Back