Why I think the NYT Anonymous Op-Ed Against Trump Was Simply Invented

Thanks anyway. I'll take General Mattis's word when he denied ever saying anything against President Trump.
One of the excerpts had Mattis saying Trump has the same understanding of the situation on the Korean Peninsula as "a fifth- or sixth-grader."

I don't see anything wrong with the Mattis statement. It's completely true. It's common knowledge in Washington that Trump's knows very little about foreign affairs. He addressed this in his campaign. He has made a number mistakes reflecting his lack of knowledge of North Korea, Afghanistan, and European countries. In fact, Trump has an appalling ignorance of the current world, of history, of previous American engagement, of what former Presidents thought and did. His knowledge is exactly what you would expect of a US Real Estate developer in the White House.

Prior to being president Trump had visited only 7 countries excluding Mexico, Canada, and Caribbean over the last 20 years. He had never been to the far east, South America, nor Africa and had no contact with any heads of state.

Mattis like Kelly was making political statements to protect his job. It's totally understandable although there was no reason to do so since he was saying what every knew.
Listen to yourself lol...Mattis was protecting his job although there was no need to since everyone knew.

So was there a need to protect his job or not. lol
Thanks anyway. I'll take General Mattis's word when he denied ever saying anything against President Trump.
One of the excerpts had Mattis saying Trump has the same understanding of the situation on the Korean Peninsula as "a fifth- or sixth-grader."

I don't see anything wrong with the Mattis statement. It's completely true. It's common knowledge in Washington that Trump's knows very little about foreign affairs. He addressed this in his campaign. He has made a number mistakes reflecting his lack of knowledge of North Korea, Afghanistan, and European countries. In fact, Trump has an appalling ignorance of the current world, of history, of previous American engagement, of what former Presidents thought and did. His knowledge is exactly what you would expect of a US Real Estate developer in the White House.

Prior to being president Trump had visited only 7 countries excluding Mexico, Canada, and Caribbean over the last 20 years. He had never been to the far east, South America, nor Africa and had no contact with any heads of state.

Mattis like Kelly was making political statements to protect his job. It's totally understandable although there was no reason to do so since he was saying what every knew.
Listen to yourself lol...Mattis was protecting his job although there was no need to since everyone knew.

So was there a need to protect his job or not. lol
What I mean is there should be no need to protect his job because he's telling the truth and what he's saying is common knowledge in Washington. Trump has even admitted his lack of knowledge of foreign affairs. However, with Trump's obsession for loyalty, no one's job is really safe so it's quite understandable why Mattis would deny the statement.

Trump had someone write it and do it. That is what I truly believe before the book Fear comes out. He is getting so much backing from his base,

Oh there is a deep state, Everyone is against him, poor Trump, and there is a coup going on, everything he says is true.
That is as possible as Hillary writing it.

Just saying....back the tinfoil up a bit dear before it begins seeping in through your ears.

Im with you Jim. But it doesnt really matter. Whether it is a mole set up to bring down Trump from inside or the NYT trying to bring down Trump from the outside the audience is the same. People too stupid to see or too evil to care about the cognitive dissonance required for this....

"That is why many Trump appointees have vowed to do what we can to preserve our democratic institutions while thwarting Mr. Trump’s..."

LOL...they are going to preserve democracy while undermining the democratically elected choice!

And they added a PS the NYT times didnt print but should have,

Freedom is Slavery
War is Peace
Ignorance is strength

Anyhow..just more deep state elite shenanigans. Completely fake but irrelevant if leftists inside or outside the Whitehouse wrote it.

nytop.png

Trump had someone write it and do it. That is what I truly believe before the book Fear comes out. He is getting so much backing from his base,

Oh there is a deep state, Everyone is against him, poor Trump, and there is a coup going on, everything he says is true.

Before it comes out? What is the date on your planet?
The official release date is Sept. 11...........dummy!
fear book release date - Google Search
Wow! So you are in Canada and not here in the USA???

your google search shows google.ca?

.ca is Canada's google???

When I search the same terms as your search it is this:

Im with you Jim. But it doesnt really matter. Whether it is a mole set up to bring down Trump from inside or the NYT trying to bring down Trump from the outside the audience is the same. People too stupid to see or too evil to care about the cognitive dissonance required for this....

"That is why many Trump appointees have vowed to do what we can to preserve our democratic institutions while thwarting Mr. Trump’s..."

LOL...they are going to preserve democracy while undermining the democratically elected choice!

And they added a PS the NYT times didnt print but should have,

Freedom is Slavery
War is Peace
Ignorance is strength

Anyhow..just more deep state elite shenanigans. Completely fake but irrelevant if leftists inside or outside the Whitehouse wrote it.

View attachment 215837
If the piece in the Times is to believed, undermining the democratically elected choice was not this person's purpose but rather to protect a rather inept president and the nation while supporting many of his better ideas.

I really don't approve of this. I think this person is going to make bad things a lot worse. Trump will become even more suspicious of his staff. Where Trump needs experienced advisers, he's going to be looking for loyal soldiers that will stand behind him and protect his back. That would be just fine if we had a president with plenty of foreign policy experience with years of experience dealing with congress and the operation of government but we don't. We have a neophyte who's making decisions based on a rather distorted view of government and Washington politics.

Penny. You really need to put down the pipe and get some fresh air.

Well, I actually agree with Penny on this.

That Oped has served Trump quite well before the election and has upstaged Woodwards ridiculous book before it comes out.

Qe bono?

Again, before it comes out? What is the date on your planet?

That book has already been sliced, diced and Julienne fried by more people than you can shake a stick at!
Bob Woodward's publisher says it's printing 1 million copies of 'Fear'

Bob Woodward's book "Fear" is already one of the biggest publishing success stories of the year.
And it still isn't even in bookstores yet.

The publisher, Simon & Schuster, said Monday that it is printing one million copies of the book to keep up with reader demand.

"Fear: Trump in the White House" will officially come out on Tuesday in both hardcover and e-book form.

"We have reprinted six times for a total of seven to meet extraordinary demand -- that will put one million books in print before we've even gone on sale," a Simon & Schuster spokesperson told CNN.

What I mean is there should be no need to protect his job because he's telling the truth and what he's saying is common knowledge in Washington. Trump has even admitted his lack of knowledge of foreign affairs. However, with Trump's obsession for loyalty, no one's job is really safe so it's quite understandable why Mattis would deny the statement.

I may be a bit niave, but the US military code of honor prohibits him lying to keep his job.

You may not buy it, but honesty is an irreplaceable value among military officers who have to have 100% confidence that the other officers they work with are loyal and honest.

None of this fits with Woodwards claims.

Before it comes out? What is the date on your planet?
The official release date is Sept. 11...........dummy!
Wow! So you are in Canada and not here in the USA???

your google search shows google.ca?

.ca is Canada's google???

When I search the same terms as your search it is this:

I posted years on this forum that I have a summer residence in Canada we sometimes visit.

The Anonymous Op Ed serves no purpose for the Left...

It took away the momentum of the Woodward book coming out, with all the news stations covering the pre-book drop marketing campaign.... it put a halt to it.... which benefited Trump and Republicans in the upcoming election.

It was poorly written imo, as if it cut and pasted different parts of different articles in the press the past year, to make a summary...

As example:

-it was already reported that Trump was childlike and that there were ''adults in the room'' in his administration to watch over him...

-it was already reported that Steve Bannon mentioned people discussing the use of the 25th amendment to remove Trump

And then there were all of these intentional so call ''clues'' to misdirect who Anonymous Ed was... like claiming he was part of ''the resistance'' and trying to latch on to that, when the Resistance is a liberal movement that does NOT represent, Anonymous Ed's beliefs AT ALL....?

And then anonymous ed, says he believes in the good things Trump has done like the Tax cuts mainly for the wealthiest, and the border wall, and deregulation... all things the real republicans, or never Trumpers could latch on to as good....

it was like he was trying to play a Jack of all trades...
but master of none!

And then the hints slipped in that implicated other people like lonestar.... pointing a finger at Pence being the culprit....

The whole anonymous op ed was not written by the New York Times... they would have done a much better job than this Anonymous Ed, character!!!

And what was the purpose of the op ed??? WHY would he want to draw attention to himself and others behind the scene KNOWING it would make Trump go crazier and on a hunt for the witch who wrote it?

NONE OF THIS makes any sense to me, when the only person who could and would benefit from it, is President Trump?

-he could claim deep state was out to get him
-he could fire a bunch of people using lack of loyalty as an excuse
-it directed the news away from the Woodward book drop
-etc.

I may be a bit niave, but the US military code of honor prohibits him lying to keep his job.

You may not buy it, but honesty is an irreplaceable value among military officers who have to have 100% confidence that the other officers they work with are loyal and honest.

None of this fits with Woodwards claims.
Mattis didn't lie because there was no real contemptuous words. The Secretary of Defense said Mr Trump was acting like — and having the understanding of — a "fifth- or sixth-grader."

Trump has little knowledge of foreign affairs. He has admitted it, joked about it. Members of congress on both sides of the aisle talk about.

The same type banner about the boss occurs in thousands of offices every day. I'm not sure why people get so concerned when it occurs in the White House. You can bet that there are lots of things said about the president far worst than what Woodward reported.

What should be a concern is not any one comment but the picture painted by the comments and reports of actions of the president by dozens of people over a course of a year.

Last edited:
]
Mattis didn't lie because there was no contemptuous words. The Secretary of Defense said Mr Trump was acting like — and having the understanding of — a "fifth- or sixth-grader."

Trump has little knowledge of foreign affairs. He has admitted, joked about it. Members of congress on both sides of the aisle talk about.

Well, also anyone who has been through basic and advanced training in the services know that military people love hyperbole to get their message across.

'Sometimes' becomes 'every mother f*cking morning', 'out of shape' becomes a 'bleeding ulcer on Uncle Sam's ass', and someone who never cared about the details of international diplomacy becomes a 'Fifth grade drop out'.

I do think Mattis might have said something like that, but then again, he might have said that of just about everybody.

I really don't approve of this. I think this person is going to make bad things a lot worse. Trump will become even more suspicious of his staff. Where Trump needs experienced advisers, he's going to be looking for loyal soldiers that will stand behind him and protect his back.

Yeah, and he has trusted too many former Bush people as it is. Neocons are never to be trusted as they think their long term goals justify just about anything they do.

We have a neophyte who's making decisions based on a rather distorted view of government and Washington politics.

In DC 'distorted' = everybody else's 'common sense'.

It took away the momentum of the Woodward book coming out, with all the news stations covering the pre-book drop marketing campaign.... it put a halt to it.... which benefited Trump and Republicans in the upcoming election.

It was poorly written imo, as if it cut and pasted different parts of different articles in the press the past year, to make a summary...

As example:

-it was already reported that Trump was childlike and that there were ''adults in the room'' in his administration to watch over him...

-it was already reported that Steve Bannon mentioned people discussing the use of the 25th amendment to remove Trump

And then there were all of these intentional so call ''clues'' to misdirect who Anonymous Ed was... like claiming he was part of ''the resistance'' and trying to latch on to that, when the Resistance is a liberal movement that does NOT represent, Anonymous Ed's beliefs AT ALL....?

And then anonymous ed, says he believes in the good things Trump has done like the Tax cuts mainly for the wealthiest, and the border wall, and deregulation... all things the real republicans, or never Trumpers could latch on to as good....

but master of none!

And then the hints slipped in that implicated other people like lonestar.... pointing a finger at Pence being the culprit....

The whole anonymous op ed was not written by the New York Times... they would have done a much better job than this Anonymous Ed, character!!!

And what was the purpose of the op ed??? WHY would he want to draw attention to himself and others behind the scene KNOWING it would make Trump go crazier and on a hunt for the witch who wrote it?

NONE OF THIS makes any sense to me, when the only person who could and would benefit from it, is President Trump?

-etc.

In situations like this, one can only look at who benefits the most to get a clue about 'who dun it?'

Which is why I suspect Trump may have pulled a fast one on the NYT.

As example:

but master of none!

-etc.

In situations like this, one can only look at who benefits the most to get a clue about 'who dun it?'

Which is why I suspect Trump may have pulled a fast one on the NYT.
YEAH, I think so too! Otherwise, it simply makes no sense!

I really don't approve of this. I think this person is going to make bad things a lot worse. Trump will become even more suspicious of his staff. Where Trump needs experienced advisers, he's going to be looking for loyal soldiers that will stand behind him and protect his back.

Yeah, and he has trusted too many former Bush people as it is. Neocons are never to be trusted as they think their long term goals justify just about anything they do.

We have a neophyte who's making decisions based on a rather distorted view of government and Washington politics.

A president no matter how knowledge he is of the operations of the executive, legislative, and judicial branch of government, economic policies, foreign affairs, military operations, and constitutional limits and requirements of government, that president must have the advice of experts.

A president having no background at all in any of the above puts him at a tremendous disadvantage. The more knowledge a president has the better able he is to pick advisers, understanding them, and evaluate them.

The problem with a president being an outsider and an agent of change in Washington is he not only has to have the will to change government but he has to know how to change it which is far more difficult than it might sound.

As example:

but master of none!

-etc.
This Op Ed has about as much creditably as a conversation overhead in a bar. It could be factual but we just don't know.

Woodward's book is in a different category. Woodward interviewed over hundred people about half of them in high level positions in the White House. In typical Woodward style, he kept detailed notes on each interview and has recordings of almost all his interviews. I'm sure Woodward will release all the research notes, interviews, and tapes but don't expect them in the near future. It was years before they released all the backup research for the Watergate stories.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back